Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a real crapshoot.

The problem with betting against companies like this is you never know how long it will go before the charade comes crashing down. I suspect it's already peaked but anything can happen. Because pumpers pump and people are gullible.

Agreed.

Wonder if a macro event might give him a convenient scapegoat to avoid being held accountable.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Why can't Americans enjoy the same quality? Why does the China built models have higher quality? Freemont, time to stop with the excuses. Maybe its time for some management reshuffling at Freemont.

Tesla's made-in-China cars lead market in quality while US-made Tesla cars score lowest - Electrek
Perhaps the biggest reason is they can’t build a new paint shop without shutting down some other part of the plant. Moving the model 3 to the 2 part aluminum mold rear body component and moving 50% of Model Y assembly and paint, to Texas, will free up space to improve the plant systems. Investment focus has been on expanding capacity, but once 3 and Y are running at capacity and Y is running in Texas, they may be able to free up room to build a new paint shop. I’m sure they’ve also improved the body in white line in Shanghai, which could have a big impact.

This is going to get very OT, but we need help.
Nikola should not be mentioned in this thread. Yes I agree it is amusing that the only reason Nikola Stock is more than a penny is that Trevor developed a great plan (in my opinion). The plan was to attach a/his stock to TSLA/Tesla. He was and is a genius for the understanding of the market retail investors. At first I feel like he was just willing to live on bread crumbs by having "investors" think of Nikola as possibly being like TSLA. He did this by making some magic potion that would be the next big clean fuel, AND by name-dropping Elon Musk and Tesla at every opportunity. In that way when people searched for Tesla the search would be sprinkled with Nikola and Trevor's magic bus. And investors are not any brighter than they average moron so many of them believed Trevor. Some even were less bright, and consider Nikola to have something special.
But where Trevor made his fortune was when TSLA shares became so expensive that the average person couldn't stomach/afford to buy such an "expensive" stock So they looked harder at Nikola. And well someone said Shakespeare said Caesar said, "A fool believes what they wanna believe." And so fools feel like what Trevor touts is the truth because if it is they have bought the next Tesla.
Trevor has played his game well, especially by suing Tesla, but without TSLA doing the 6x thing Nikola would not be considered as a viable company/stock. And that is the only reason it should be mentioned on a Tesla Forum, nevermind mentioned in this thread.

I have never wanted to censor a single person but I would dearly love if this board had the ability to allow group censoring. It would go something like this...
Along with the list of choices like giving a thumbs up to a post there should/could be a "Hammer" symbol. And each reader could hit the hammer if the post was OT.
After 10 hammers the content of the post is not shown to the reader. If a reader values what the member usually posts then they have the option to click within the post itself and expand it so they may read it. After 20 hammers it disappears completely.
haha you can't hammer this post...yet

Agreed.

Wonder if a macro event might give him a convenient scapegoat to avoid being held accountable.

If you are speaking of a bear market, I doubt that would provide good cover.

But people with personas like Trevor's tend to blame others when their charades come crashing down. If the SEC has the balls to do their job (unlikely) they would investigate and find a mistake and end this before more people get hurt. This would be a godsend for Trevor because he could then claim everything was on track for success until the SEC stepped in and caused a lack of confidence and prevented the raising of the capital necessary to fully execute their most excellent business plan. ;)

I will predict it is a lack of new capital that finally ends this. Alternatively, their front man makes a mistake, says the wrong things and gets prosecuted and or sued by shareholders. He seems likely to make some serious mistakes given his lack of knowledge. If he doesn't make a major mistake this could go on for years.

I wonder what needs to happen so everyone stops talking about a totally different company, with a totally different product and with some much red flags as being a really organized scam is not even funny, on this forum for Tesla long term investors.

I truly wonder....

/s

Understanding what is going on with NKLA really is relevant to our investments in TSLA because it has risen to the level that market participants are taking it seriously.

If you are speaking of a bear market, I doubt that would provide good cover.

But people with personas like Trevor's tend to blame others when their charades come crashing down. If the SEC has the balls to do their job (unlikely) they would investigate and find a mistake and end this before more people get hurt. This would be a godsend for Trevor because he could then claim everything was on track for success until the SEC stepped in and caused a lack of confidence and prevented the raising of the capital necessary to fully execute their most excellent business plan. ;)

I will predict it is a lack of new capital that finally ends this. Alternatively, their front man makes a mistake, says the wrong things and gets prosecuted and or sued by shareholders. He seems likely to make some serious mistakes given his lack of knowledge. If he doesn't make a major mistake this could go on for years.

Do you think he is knowingly Jordan Belforting this whole thing or does he actually genuinely believe he make fool cells somehow miraculously work ?

He's the guy in Goodfellas that bought his wife a mink coat right after they tell him to play it cool after a heist.

“You mean—let me understand this, ‘cause, you know, maybe it’s me, I’m a little farked up maybe, but I’m funny how, I mean, funny like I’m a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh? I’m here to farkin’ amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?” - Trevor Milton DeVito

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I have never wanted to censor a single person but I would dearly love if this board had the ability to allow group censoring. It would go something like this...
Along with the list of choices like giving a thumbs up to a post there should/could be a "Hammer" symbol. And each reader could hit the hammer if the post was OT.
After 10 hammers the content of the post is not shown to the reader. If a reader values what the member usually posts then they have the option to click within the post itself and expand it so they may read it. After 20 hammers it disappears completely.
haha you can't hammer this post...yet

Mob rule doesn't work and would not serve TSLA investors.

OT:

I have seen from time to time in other media that Space x choice of fuel is extremely bad for the environment. Is this a money saving decision or is there a practical side. I would love to see a link to somewhere explaing this as a simple google search doesn’t provide informative results.

thanks in advance.
They use kerosene (refined lamp oil) for the Falcon rockets and methane for the mars rocket (Starship). Neither is any worse than all the diesel or gasoline that's being used everywhere. They do use a small amount of hypergolic fuel on the dragon spacecrafts - these are definitely NOT green fluffy fuels, but there's no way around them for abort motors and the like.

The fuel choice for Starship is driven by what they need to colonize Mars, and there's a lot of factors involved:

The choice was between kerosene, methane and hydrogen. Kerosene is the least efficient fuel, methane is in the middle and hydrogen is the most efficient (basically, how far can one tonne of fuel propel your rocket). Kerosene is very cheap and it's also very dense, but it cokes the engines, making it harder to reuse them many times without refurbishment. Hydrogen on the other hand doesn't coke, but it is fiendishly difficult to contain, because of the very small molecule size. It's also by far the least dense fuel of the three, meaning the tanks would have to be much larger (and therefore weigh more, giving less efficiency). Methane is middle of the pack: dense, but not so dense as kerosene; cokes, but not as much as kerosene, it's cheap and it's far easier to store and handle than hydrogen.

Methane can also be produced on mars using the sabatier proces, which is a significant pro when you want to colonize mars!

All in all, Starship and the Falcons do not reduce CO2 in any way, but they are an infinitesimal part of the global CO2 emissions.

We are getting really OT but since TSLA is in a holding pattern...

This market I tell ya. The guy pumps before leaving on a vacation. I took the opportunity to buy some puts as an earnings play.

View attachment 572049
That will certainly last them a long time, since they are not "wasting" the money by manufacturing anything...
You know, making PPTs and tweeting BS is pretty cheap, so 940million goes a long way!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oldTAVguy
Should strike while the iron is hot and run for President.
Well yes, narcissism is a prerequisite for any success at all in US politics, that's been evident as long as I've been alive. But this type of brazen disregard for anything resembling substance is not (quite) so common on the stock market.

Nikola should not be mentioned in this thread...
...I have never wanted to censor a single person but I would dearly love if this board had the ability to allow group censoring. It would go something like this...

Nikola is (theoretically, in the land of upside-down) a direct competitor to Tesla so I don't see how it's not relevant to this thread in small doses (and far, far more relevant than political sniping).
Any censorship systems of the type you describe are prone to abuse.

Do you think he is knowingly Jordan Belforting this whole thing or does he actually genuinely believe he make fool cells somehow miraculously work ?

He has admitted in at least a couple of interviews that he knows fuel cells aren't an energy efficient as BEVs, but that's not his goal. His goal is to have something that's a) clean and b) cheaper than diesel.

Of course, he then says things like "we're already cheaper than diesel," and I keep wishing the interviewer would ask him to show us this clean cheap hydrogen that Nikola has "already" produced. But, as the tweet I posted above shows, the TSLAQ crowd like TeslaCharts doesn't ever challenge him on anything, unlike Tesla where they challenge even the things that visible to everyone.

BTW, I do feel discussing NKLA is relevant since the founder keeps comparing to TSLA and says Tesla is wrong to be pursuing BEVs for semi-trucks and will fail. Discrediting such falsehoods about Tesla and TSLA is well within this thread's charter.