Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of us who are obsessed with the number of zeros, I just added one. For fairness I must thank Kamala Harris. In her honor my spouse and I are making Masala Dosa, which we learned to do in Chennai, the original city of her mother IIRC. For the market reactions of the last few weeks I am rather nonplussed. This all seems irrational unless everyone is betting on a change towards dispassionate and prudent financial management, political relationships and the advent of some of those Covid-19 vaccines.

For all we discuss the strong outlook for TSLA all this must be related to rising expectations for several simultaneous virtuous developments.
Is there any other reasonable justification?

Yes, the SP was manipulated to hell after earnings, the split was the catalyst to bring the buyers back and hand the MM's their asses.

And we've got the S&P thingy still to come, this buying won't be by the indexes, they'll have to start from scratch.

For those of us who are obsessed with the number of zeros, I just added one. For fairness I must thank Kamala Harris. In her honor my spouse and I are making Masala Dosa, which we learned to do in Chennai, the original city of her mother IIRC. For the market reactions of the last few weeks I am rather nonplussed. This all seems irrational unless everyone is betting on a change towards dispassionate and prudent financial management, political relationships and the advent of some of those Covid-19 vaccines.

For all we discuss the strong outlook for TSLA all this must be related to rising expectations for several simultaneous virtuous developments.
Is there any other reasonable justification?

Congrats!

But as someone just mentioned above me, we're just getting back to where we were after earnings.

Wall St got caught with its pants down and its being spanked......multiple times :eek:

Someone on Twitter: "The single piece casting machine for Model Y has been installed in Fremont. Shanghai and Berlin will also use single piece casting."

Elon replied: "Will be amazing to see it in operation! Biggest casting machine ever made. Will make rear body in a single piece, including crash rails."

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1293923058109960192

Keep the beer cool in the barrel. The intraday high is still $1794.99 set a month ago on 2020 JUL 13.;)

Lol, that'd be the ATH Intraday, I was just talking about this day (and the inability of the forces of darkness from stopping the inevitable):

So, does this mean we can't Polka? :confused:

Cheers!

For those of us who are obsessed with the number of zeros, I just added one.

Congrats. I was ecstatic when that happened to me a few months ago, but now I'm getting greedy and want to add another zero. At that point I can definitely buy an island... And it looks like that will be around the time we hit $1800, but the 2nd time, post-split. Probably a bit of a longer wait then for the first zero...

Congrats. I was ecstatic when that happened to me a few months ago, but now I'm getting greedy and want to add another zero. At that point I can definitely buy an island... And it looks like that will be around the time we hit $1800, but the 2nd time, post-split. Probably a bit of a longer wait then for the first zero...
So around December 2020 then?

Can't be said enough - if you wonder why TSLA is illogically priced - watch this:

What do you mean by TSLA being illogically priced? I see a valuation of 305 billion, which is 4 times VW and 10 times Ford. Should that be 2 trillion right now? Markets are forward looking, but there’s a limit to their horizon.

BTW, for those not following the specific thread - a couple of Belgian brokers have come back to us saying that from the info they have, will be treated as a standard stock split, so no tax implications*

So 99.99% looking OK, I hope this is the same for other jurisdictions.

* they do have a wriggle-out clause that they could change their minds on this if other info becomes available

Ask them if when going out for a $10 pizza for lunch if they'd be okay with paying $80 for it after it was cut into 8 slices.

What the stock split opens the door to even more than buying shares is lowering the cost of entry to buy options. how do you think that will influence the SP? More high risk speculation and greater incentive for Friday pushdowns might be the negative. But still more investors period will probably outweigh that, right?
Normally, I'd say a lower stock price leads to more speculation and higher volatility. However, in case of Tesla, since MM seem to have enjoyed days of low volume and big swings in price that scare the *sugar* out of some retails, I think that more participants in TSLA and smaller swings = good. More people who can afford to buy the dips = good. TSLA is like that $2 downtown strip club; it can't get any shadier no matter how much stuff you throw at it.