Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All I can say is thank god for that midday drop.

This morning, it was starting to feel like things were completely disconnected from reality.

Now at least it seems like I'm not living in the Twilight Zone.

Though I may as well be, for all the actual work I'm getting done these days.

That drop illustrates that the influence of the broader market, directionally if not by magnitude, is no different than most stocks. The fact that the markets are also making ATHs matters. If the Nasdaq were to tank, we’re not seeing $600 on Q3 earnings.

But, this overbought melt-up can continue quite a while longer. It’s “everything” that’s disconnected from reality, not just TSLA.

• Funny
Reactions: MTL_HABS1909
Tesla taxis have begun....ok...maybe not robotaxis yet but this is a step in the right direction:

Madison Green Cab goes electric; to be nation's first all-Tesla cab fleet

upload_2020-8-27_12-43-33.png

upload_2020-8-27_12-43-55.png

Literally been waiting 2-3 years for this moment(Q3 earnings) because of exactly this. Anyone willing to dive into the details could see what would happen the moment production takes another leg higher but through a rough Model 3 ramp, battery bottlenecks, and a black swan event, it's stayed hidden away from the general investing community. It's why despite the share price going crazy over the past 3 weeks, I'm still bullish that Q3 will support a 500-550 share price or potentially get us up to 600/share.

The silver lining is that all those negatives events allowed everyone here to be a lot wealthier by suppressing the share price for so long
Q2 results and outlook were outstanding, yet TSLA fell $200 over the following 3 weeks until the split was announced.

At these levels, I'm not so sure Battery Day and Q3 deliveries / results will provide much, if any, boost to TSLA.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: UCF3 and GOVA
When people are living paycheck to paycheck, the last thing I want is to see friends and co-workers lose money because I talked up a stock. Risk increase tremendously as TSLA hit all time highs daily. I have recommended Tesla at 200s with no takers.

I want to see people make money, not lose money. I talked up AMD when it was 14 dollars. People invest and then it cratered down to 9s and didn't get to 14 for months. I had to constantly calm their nerves. Only two out of 5 people held on and made some money.

Majority of midclass workers are living paycheck to paycheck, they cannot tolerate even a 1% decrease in their investment portfolio.

I have seen -40% on my first TSLA investment when it went from $305 to $170. If someone can’t accept losing up to 50% the day after they buy, TSLA is not for them.

Last edited:
Which is strange. My best friend paid me a visit. He has a new VW Passat and he told me it had automatic over the air updates.

Isn't Hoaxwagen OTA for when you fail your diesel emissions test, they send you OTA software that fixes it ?

Not the pollution - just the software that displays it.

It's a patch alright - for your eyes.

Last edited: