Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to think you were being hyperbolic for dramatic effect but this year has taught me that anything is possible.
Indeed. I think people haven't updated their body clock's to accept that TSLA's Mkt Cap is now $413B so it's less than a 2.5x gain to $1T Mkt Cap. :D

... this is no ceiling, just a waypoint.

Cheers!

You don't need margin to sell puts, you can sell against a cash balance (which will subsequently be reserved according to the broker's formula).

Regarding selling puts over selling the stock - great if it goes down or moves sideways, but with a big move up, you missed getting back in.

He does not have the cash.

Selling puts to accumulate stock you intend to buy anyway is a very good strategy. If you are right you get to keep the option cash. If you are wrong you buy the stock you intend to accumulate at a discount price. Obviously if you are in a hurry rather than accumulating in a methodical fashion buy it all at once. I said nothing about selling stock.

Reactions: dgodfrey
"Well over half" is 7 digits over half. Not half. Scoff all you want on your puny little island, I'll bring an entire fleet of heavy cruisers and two battalions of battle-proven mercenaries to secure the area. That's not counting the platoon of para-troopers. We will drink all your booze and lament the fact that there was not even one maiden anywhere in sight and laugh at your lack of defenses with which to provide a respectable challenge to my warriors! :oops:

/s

Bold words, indeed. Bring it. FYI, you’re going to need twice as big an army now because I just secured a mountain.

Brethren, I find myself in a place of serenity - and not because I've had two bottles of relatively strong (8% 500ml) Belgian beer (although I'm sure it helps).

I find myself not caring, one jot, about the closing price today. It may swing $100 up, down, so what?

I can't quite explain this - anyone else in the same situation?

upload_2020-8-28_19-55-46.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-28_19-55-36.png
    upload_2020-8-28_19-55-36.png
    4 MB · Views: 53
Brethren, I find myself in a place of serenity - and not because I've had two bottles of relatively strong (8% 500ml) Belgian beer (although I'm sure it helps).

I find myself not caring, one jot, about the closing price today. It may swing $100 up, down, so what?

View attachment 581696

8%, what is that a breakfast beer?

View attachment 581696

Indeed! And I might go looking for a bottle soon myself.

• Love
Reactions: Tslynk67
I'm out. It's been a great ride. Left a lot of money on the table the last few weeks by selling off most of my position too early. The govt. will be taking 1/3 of my gains too. It hurts to be selling.

The final blow for me was the recent trading in LCDX. The ticker looks like Lucid Motors but it isn't. My friend had a position in it knowing that they don't make cars but counting on enough people being confused to jack the price up higher (even after a 300% run). When people are buying because things are going up I get scared. When people don't even know the ticker symbol of what they're buying I get really scared. I never buy anything I wouldn't be happy to hold for ten years. Right now, at a price of 420B, I wouldn't be a buyer of TSLA.

I appreciate all the analysis provided on this board over the last year. Without it, the terrific gains I made would not have been possible. (People joke about buying islands, but I move into my Rocky Mountain paradise next Friday.) So thank you again for all the help understanding what I still believe is one of the best companies in the world. Given the right price, I'll be back.

I'm at TSLA = 40% and feeling pretty good about it (although I don't own a house, so investments are 91% of my net worth). What does "majorly overweight" mean to you?

Nothing to me. Clearly. I’d never suggest anyone do it, though. At the same time, when an opportunity presents itself, fortune favors the brave, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Incoming Zen; We all have our own paths to follow; obstacles to traverse, lessons to learn. I’m just following my path the best I know how and willing to crush anything or anyone in my way. Okay, maybe that last part isn’t really Zen, but it’s the truth.