Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL. unbounded fantasy. Now if you said they're going to build their own towers at appropriate points and relay to their own cell network, sure. But the rest of it just playing Mad Libs. If you haven't noticed, superchargers are very low to the ground.

Yeah, so it would be nice if Tesla could buy a solution on the market that would combine a Starlink terminal with containerized uninterruptible power supplies with lots of battery backup, with solar panels for recharging, so that such self-contained, Starlink backbone macro-cells could be spread out in remote and inaccessible places, creating coverage between Superchargers?

If only there was such a company manufacturing such things. :D

Um, so Tesla's Autopilot page advertises the new chip. That seems pretty significant and could means it is shipping with new orders. Otherwise, why advertise?

Autopilot
Are you sure they're advertising the new chip? I don't see much indication of that. How did the page change, versus say, a month ago?

That said... I feel like we're getting really close to major product announcements though. The product website is typically updated same day as earnings report... so expect something on Wednesday!

Last edited:
Um, so Tesla's Autopilot page advertises the new chip. That seems pretty significant and could means it is shipping with new orders. Otherwise, why advertise?

Autopilot

Where do you see that? I only see a statement of 40x improvement, but that wording has been there for over a year according to the wayback machine.

Autopilot
40x has been there last year as well, it should have been talking about AP2 vs. AP1

If it’s HW3, we should see 5x - 20x, comparing to 2018.
Or 200x - 800x comparing to pre-2016.

Saw this moments ago from @hedgemind

$TSLA Early 13F filing data shows institutions are big sellers of $TSLA in Q4. 97 of 680+ existing holders reported a 84% reduction of shares. Though still too early to draw conclusion, the trend may not be positive to TSLA. ~17% of institutions reported Q4 holdings as of today
I keep tabs on the 13f filings as well via TSLA 13F Hedge Fund and Asset Management Owners. Hedgemind is claiming there is -3,007,113 in net sales of shares. For the record, one seller was significant and that was bank of montreal dumping 2,999,843. I reviewed all the other filings available and there was no other significant movement filed yet. We have yet to get filings from other large shareholders.
So I conclude that besides the movement of bank of montreal, all 13F filings that report the recent selling and buying has amounted to a net sale of a mere 7270 shares (3,007,113-2999843=7270).

Not a bad day considering the overall markets.
Exactly. Kinda takes the air out of the balloon for FUDsters like CNBC who want to talk about the Saudis dramatically selling TSLA. You won't hear them say "the investment community obviously didn't give a hoot about this Saudi news, as the stock finished the day essentially unchanged."

As now is the off topic time, take a look MKBHD testing Russian full autonomous tech. No one behind the wheel.

Somewhere around the 2:56min mark he says it's a small area that is "already mapped". To me this is not self-driving. Elon has mentioned that Tesla could have done this already. I don't think it's super difficult for a self-driving company to take a small area and tweek their software to drive JUST those few roads. At that point I had no interest in the rest of the clip. It sounds to me like it is specifically programed to make the circle. Waymo has been doing that for years.