Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very weak& unsustainable regard to macros. 275 is the first strong support we will encounter and if that broke 260, 252, 244... Also, we have to stay above 305 tomorrow to not b/o of trend line

Just my observation reading some random charts, please do not take it seriously as an investment advices. Blast away folks!
Doesn't really matter, what happened earlier. 300 is a natural support. Just after Q3, twice the SP bounced off of 290s.

Anyway we are dependant on macros.

But you can't do that with the vehicle in an enclosed space..

Well, you *can*, you just might accidentally kill yourself and/or others by doing so.

Boy, you should see the list of warnings and disclaimers for remote start on my Volvo.

Screenshot_20190207-214658~3.png

Screenshot_20190207-214722~2.png

And despite it being a PHEV, remote (ICE) start is required in order to precondition the cabin unless the car is plugged in (10 kWh battery doesn't go very far in a 7-seater SUV carrying around an engine, so they're touchy about letting you waste it in non-motive operations...).

Leaving the gas engine idle unattended is illegal in most places!

Boy, you should see the list of warnings and disclaimers for remote start on my Volvo.

View attachment 375440

View attachment 375439

And despite it being a PHEV, remote (ICE) start is required in order to precondition the cabin unless the car is plugged in (10 kWh battery doesn't go very far in a 7-seater SUV carrying around an engine, so they're touchy about letting you waste it in non-motive operations...).

Today morning I took a Uber ride, and was surprised to be picked up by a white Model 3.

Conversation naturally turns towards Tesla, turns out the driver is only doing Uber part time. He works for a car component supplier who is the sole supplier of a pretty big component(in terms of bulk no value) for Model 3. So he knows exactly how many Model 3 Tesla is making at any given time.

I asked whether they are doing 7k per week, his answer is maybe not yet but pretty close, and well over 6k.

Just an unverified data point, but judging from his knowledge about the car and Tesla in general I would say he is legit.
I hope you can call on him again in the future!

Today morning I took a Uber ride, and was surprised to be picked up by a white Model 3.

Conversation naturally turns towards Tesla, turns out the driver is only doing Uber part time. He works for a car component supplier who is the sole supplier of a pretty big component(in terms of bulk no value) for Model 3. So he knows exactly how many Model 3 Tesla is making at any given time.

I asked whether they are doing 7k per week, his answer is maybe not yet but pretty close, and well over 6k.

Just an unverified data point, but judging from his knowledge about the car and Tesla in general I would say he is legit.

Around 6k Model 3 battery packs per week through all of January is also the latest number from Carsonight, which is direct info from Nevada Gigafactory line workers.

(Edit: not 6.5k but 6k - just checked.)

Last edited:
I bought the winter coat off the Tesla.com store. Great coat. Well made, comfortable and warm even in the bitter cold we've experienced lately. But made in China. I usually try to buy things, especially clothing made in America. That said I have lots of stuff made in China, Europe and elsewhere, but it would be great if some items were made here in the US, but I console myself with the fact I drive a genuine Made in the USA car.

If i trade you some Aussie wheat for a US car, would you eat the bread? It would help US car sales.

Offsets tariffs without adding any cost to manufacture would be my thought.

Yet it doesn’t smell good. It’s one thing to drop the price with $1100 because those are ball park production efficiency gains. Giving autopilot away is something else. Tesla apparently needs the Chinese volume and it isn’t getting there with the normal pricing. The urgency for the Chinese factory is likely related (and, I don’t believe for a second they’ll be producing 3k there by the end of this year)

1*oyottr13FTT3FnAbRZX-pw.jpeg

And, unfortunately, that's all I'm allowed to say about that :Þ

Just to make sure you are not violating any NDAs, there's these types of good news:
  1. "Good news for Iceland!"
  2. "Warms our hearts and makes us laugh!" (You saw Elon's meme review entries.)
  3. "Sell everything!" (You saw Elon's meme review entries and they are super funny but there's one about the SEC so $200 here we come.)
  4. "Buy everything!" (Super secret short term good news.)
  5. "Buy 2020 LEAPs!" (Super secret medium term good news.)
  6. "Buy 2021 LEAPs!" (Super secret long term good news.)
And now a completely unrelated question, what is your favorite number? :D

Last edited: