Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

If that second twitter image is in reference to Tesla's policy of listing the Model 3's purchasing price next to a projected "price" after 5 years of ownership, then it must be pointed out that "price" is a concept quite different from "cost" and that it is meaningless to advertise a "price" after five years of ownership.

Btw, I very much appreciate that TMC (to my knowledge) has not avatar with the name and photo of a famous, deceased person.

It's an interesting notion. The EU wants the number of EVs on their roads to increase dramatically. Penalizing US vehicle imports, but carving out an exception for EVs, would be an interesting possibility that I hadn't considered.

(As for today's market action: "Hey, you can feel free to bottom out any minute now!" :Þ 1,5% behind NASDAQ... on no news.... actually, I take that back, on good news... )

Back in aughties when the EU wanted to retaliate with tariffs the Bush administration was imposing they tried specifically to target products from Republican States.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
You can tell me in a DM. I will not tell any one I heard it from you. :)

Standard reply to people who ask for DMs or send me guesses by DM:

i-know-nothing-rhbfpk.jpg

Just wanted to say I appreciate your sharing of information in this thread -- both Twitter posts and news articles such as these. Thank you.

I assume someone posted it, but the reason why the macros are going up is that it's being reported that Trump expects to not have to raise tariffs.

Right after saying he expects to not meet Xi to sign a deal before the March 1st deadline? How bizarre.

It would be nice. The last couple of weeks have been a bloodbath. I keep pouring more gas onto the fire hoping for a recovery.

So long as it does eventually recover, that's the right strategy. There's a lot of heartburn until it does, however :Þ

(BTW, just wanted to say, I still feel bad about misinterpreting your profile icon earlier :( )

Last edited:
This op-ed is laughably misleading. Disgusting.

Don’t extend the electric vehicle tax credit; repeal it

Don’t extend the electric vehicle tax credit; repeal it
BY STEVE POCIASK, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 02/08/19 08:30 AM EST

For decades, the federal government has been trying to coax American consumers into buying electric vehicles. It’s not working. Policymakers should end costly electric vehicle subsidies and let the market work. A good solution to this problem will be this week’s reintroduction of legislation to repeal the electric vehicle (EV) tax credit by Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) and Rep. Jason Smith (R-Mo.).

Mod: don't post entire articles, it is a violation of both copyright and terms of service. --ggr.

Last edited by a moderator:
So long as it does eventually recover, that's the right strategy. There's a lot of heartache until it does, however :Þ

(BTW, just wanted to say, I still feel bad about misinterpreting your profile icon earlier :( )

Very much appreciated Karen, but we've all done much worse. No need to feel bad. I've really enjoyed several of your recent posts. :) I hope you have a great weekend! I also hope that we close green. ;-)