Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course this is crow sourced data, so take it with an appropriate chunk of salt.

Odin__der_Gottervater_1200x.jpg

It appears that Tesla has retro fitted CCS connectors at almost 50% of the Supercharger sites in the EU. (Only three countries at 100%.) And surprisingly the Netherlands and Norway are lagging. (77% and 41%.)

Of course this is crow sourced data, so take it with an appropriate chunk of salt.

Also the Netherlands and Norway have 4 of the top 10 utilized Supercharger sites in the last 24 hours: Top 10 Superchargers based on Tesla screen at Kettleman City and other locations

crow sourced data seasoned with salt

karen already came back with a quip on this - gotta be fast around here

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Lessmog and MP3Mike
One of the best analysts in the autotech industry, Mark's Beagle, thinks current $TSLA stock prices are frustrating medium-term shareholders.

"While the short-term traders love the volatility and very long-term traders stay put, one wonders when the medium-timeframe traders start pulling out a bit from $TSLA" he said on Tuesday. "Share price has essentially been flat over the last 2 years, and with 2 profitable quarters in a row having negligible effect, it's unclear what news could push TSLA significantly higher."

"Buyers may have more success investing in alternate high-growth stocks".

This is my sentiment too. I’m really frustrated that TSLA staying so low after all they’ve accomplished these last two years.

I’m starting to lose faith, not in the company, but in the stock ever reaching $400 or higher levels.

Media and analysts have been successful at moving the goal post so that no matter how huge Tesla’s achievement will be, it will be made to look like an underperform.

And the narrative that the competition is catching up will only get louder as time goes by.

Maybe it is time to look at alternative high-growth stocks...

Why is Tesla being extra quiet on Model Y? I think investors are becoming bored with the stock. 2019 seems to be going a bit too smoothly and predictably, need something S3XY
Tesla's Q1 results will depend heavily on USA deliveries in March. They don't want to Osborne those sales with early Model Y hype, which will not be for sale until 2020.

We'll know more about how much Q1 will depend upon the US from reports on car carrier loads departing in March. Given data provided by @avoigt it takes at least 30 days from factory to delivery. Any ships loaded after March 1st will likely have its deliveries counted in Q2. Similarly, any March slowdown in shipping activity would indicate increased Model 3 allocation to the US.

Last edited:
OMG, Karen Karensdottir, what does that mean for production timeline? :eek:

Model Y guidance is: "Additionally, this year we will start tooling for Model Y to achieve volume production by the end of 2020,"

The fact that they're already at least hiring people for tooling (note that this doesn't exclude that tooling may already have begun, since not all tooling work is simultaneous,and nor is it by the same people) is a good sign relative to that guidance.

One of the best analysts in the autotech industry, Mark's Beagle, thinks current $TSLA stock prices are frustrating medium-term shareholders.

"While the short-term traders love the volatility and very long-term traders stay put, one wonders when the medium-timeframe traders start pulling out a bit from $TSLA" he said on Tuesday. "Share price has essentially been flat over the last 2 years, and with 2 profitable quarters in a row having negligible effect, it's unclear what news could push TSLA significantly higher."

"Buyers may have more success investing in alternate high-growth stocks".

From what I've seen, most people are pretty clueless about what TSLA is doing. And any knowledge they have is driven by all the crazy click bait articles.

They say "TSLA is done, Porsche is selling more, Elon smokes pot, Model 3 will never be built"

And all I can do is face palm.

And note that these are the same people who thought Blackberry was going to kill iPhone eventually because it was a "business phone"

There is still a huge supply of misguided investors that will get on board at some point when it is clear that the demand for EVs ain't going anywhere, TSLA is the only company set up to be profitable with it, and the old car guys got nothin'.

But by then, they will be too late, but this stampede will fuel the next big TSLA run up as they jump in to not get left behind.

Last edited:
Why is Tesla being extra quiet on Model Y? I think investors are becoming bored with the stock. 2019 seems to be going a bit too smoothly and predictably, need something S3XY
No point - you don't want to give people who might want to buy 3 a reason to wait.

Also, one of the strange things about the ER was that analysts didn't seem to care about Model Y. No questions on it, even though Musk talked quite a bit about it. All questions were about current products.

And, we wonder why Elon wanted to go private! The guy cannot win. He has done everything the markets asked of him: mass produce the Model 3, create efficiencies in the production of the Model 3 so that he could move the price down, get the Model 3 to Europe and China, negotiate a deal with China to produce cars in China but not give away the company, slow-down cash burn, get cash-flow positive, earn a profit, focus on the company rather than Twitter, etc. I for one am amazingly impressed by the company and Elon - he and his team are changing what was thought to be an unchangebale industry (actually, he is changing more than one industry thought to be unchangeable). The short-term manipulations of this stock should be irrelevant when we look back five years or so from now. As the true believers in this company, we all need to keep helping Elon with his mission and his message by dispelling all the FUD through facts. The shorts must be thrilled that their FUD seems to actually be negatively influencing some of those who have been true believers. I for one will not be swayed, and I will remain a long-term holder in what I believe to be one of the most important companies to come along in a generation.

Last edited: