Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess this ship has sailed long time ago. The problem with institutions like the SEC is that they tend to think so highly of themselves that they get really upset if they are challenged. Their institutional setup is not likely to let them take a step back and say “yea he’s got a point”...
So, whats the point with confrontation ?

BTW, anyone whos who the judge is and his judgement on previous similar cases ?

Honestly, no idea. But Elon was bullied earlier in life and seems to have an intense sense for what is “fair”. Also, we are all likely only seeing a fraction of what is going on. So who knows...

But I certainly didn’t need this episode as it is yet another distraction from the Tesla mission...

You could be right. He may have resumed serious consideration of privatization after the initial negative reactions to his February 19 tweets. Then his continuing the debate tonight makes one wonder how far such plans might have been advanced. Perhaps Larry Ellison was made a director because he might help with privatization. According to Wikipedia, Larry's personal worth is more than the current market cap of Tesla.

I know Elon doesn’t ever give up, but there’s more than one way to skin a cat (so they say, I don’t know anything about that - I love cats).

He’s aware of the manipulation going on, the entities that want to see Tesla die, the lies, the deceit, along with his repeated comments about disliking the whole public company thing and finally his first take Tesla private attempt.

I don’t know what the final straw would be, but I’ve got to think if this results in another ‘punishment’... Tesla is postioned now to not need WS money. Seems the timing would be about as good as it could get.

Last edited:
I wonder, at this point, if it starts to make sense not to go private - SEC still has some ways to screw with private companies - but to transfer all of Tesla, Inc.'s assets to Tesla Shanghai Co. Ltd., and instead list on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.

Interesting. Or perhaps rather than the Saudis, the Chinese could be the ones to help take Tesla private.

BTW, anyone whos who the judge is and his judgement on previous similar cases ?

What’s the point of starting an EV manufacturer when there hasn’t been a successful new OEM in decades and you can’t make money on EVs and they take too long to charge and, and, and? Because somebody had to before we fry ourselves to a crisp.

Because if somebody doesn’t stand up to the robber barons of the world then they get to screw us any time they like. The SEC is run by human beings that have gotten too big for their britches. They are not all-knowing and all-powerful. They even make *gasp* mistakes.

here we go with this nonsense again. Elon went through 3 lawyers on that one, each one told him to settle. Elon actually settled and then ended up taking a worse settlement where the fine was doubled. more than 90% of legal commentators said it was an open and shut case.
Only nonsense is something about 90% that you wrote.

FFS I selfishly hope he doesn’t take Tesla private. Tsla and Tesla will be fine.

Will they? TSLA has been broken for a long time and continues to be manipulated by brazen crooks despite Tesla fulfilling all expectations and more.

People have been saying here for YEARS how this too shall pass only to have the next thing and the next thing and the next thing disrupt the SP. It’s no longer been a short term disruption but now into medium term disruption about to become long term disruption.