Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I understand correctly, they basically started this quarter with 10K units that were in transit. So to reach 90K, they just need to deliver an extra 80K. So if that leaked email is correct, they would be closer to 100K this quarter than 90K.
Hate to ruin the party but we’re expecting more vehicles in transit this q than last Q

That only works if Starlink chooses to support China. You need the sat to talk to the ground station, and they know exactly where they are pointing.

yes, that's a risk, but I think it's a relatively small one. I remember sometimes ago Space X mentioned one of the benefit of star link is to provide affordable and always on internet to ships and explorers all of the world. It would definitely take a while for them to ramp up and cover the globe. But I see no reason they refuse to provide service to any existing ground stations just happens to be in China, as long as that ground station continue to pay the service fees. What if that station belongs to a ship or airplane?

I guess for them to "exclude" just China or several geo regions seems to be extra trouble that they may not want to implement.

Internal emails can contain material information.

The SEC settlement says ANY written communication. Doesn't specify public vs private.

Read that email again. It reveals nothing new.

"If we have the same cash burn rate as Q1, we will blow through the 2.5B we just got in 10 months."

There's no real information in that statement.

The market's reaction was ridiculous.

All internal emails contain material information IF LEAKED. Elon can sent all sorts of internal emails on part ordering, production, who he is yelling at, who he is happy with..everything from the internal source is material if leaked. Elon basically can't say or write a thing if everything needs pre-approved. If that's the case then he shouldn't be the CEO and just let the lawyer be the CEO.

Hi guys,

First time poster, but have been lurking around this thread for a while now. Just bought 30 more shares, taking my total to 96, or 90% of my portfolio as the online account says (don't worry, stocks are play money). Anyway, I live in a country which doesn't yet have any public charging option, although the gov't offers a ~11,000$ grant to anyone buying a fully electric car (Leafs and Zoes are milking it).

There's a lot of demand for Tesla to open up shop here and I'm sure that's the case in a lot of other countries. Having the closest dealership/service station ~1200km away is not ideal and not a good solution for anyone that sees the Tesla as a daily driver and only car. Are there any models on how many orders a Tesla dealership/service station requires in order to make financial sense? Would like to use the sales data for compact sedans to see what kind of market share would Tesla get and how far away from the magical number we'd be.

I don't think there's a special algorithm / criteria to Tesla expansion to new markets. I think they're just slowly venturing east in Europe. FWIW, they just opened a service center in Prague and are opening one in Warsaw soon. Few weeks ago it was reported that there are ~400 Teslas registered in Poland (....), so that might be something of a threshold. But it's also expected that the most eastern SeC will also service cars from neighbouring countries (Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Slovakia) where there is no service yet (like Berlin has been doing so far).

Also, few weeks ago Elon tweeted that they hope to cover all of Europe hopefully this year, if that's worth anything.

Musk will decide it's worth the extra trouble if China says "provide Starlink here and kiss Giga Shanghai goodbye"
doubt it.

There are still pockets of China that can get around the fire wall in a somewhat restricted way. Several big firms and research institutions can actually access most of the internet including Google and even NYT in their internal network, twitter and facebook are still banned.

Any phone with international plan roaming in China still has unrestricted access to internet, even if you are roaming on Chinese provider's network.

Chinese commercial ships would want to use the network for navigation, weather, emergency communication etc.

All internal emails contain material information IF LEAKED. Elon can sent all sorts of internal emails on part ordering, production, who he is yelling at, who he is happy with..everything from the internal source is material if leaked. Elon basically can't say or write a thing if everything needs pre-approved. If that's the case then he shouldn't be the CEO and just let the lawyer be the CEO.

I think the conspiracy theory is Elon leaked it on purpose to get around the rule of pre approval. Seems u likely but if true good luck priloving that. I will say that the production numbers seem higher than projected sales numbers at that rate.

I think the conspiracy theory is Elon leaked it on purpose to get around the rule of pre approval. Seems u likely but if true good luck priloving that. I will say that the production numbers seem higher than projected sales numbers at that rate.
Uhh sure but Elon has zero control on that, especially he said any leaker will get fired..so no one can prove he is doing this on purpose.

Reactions: madodel and Icer