Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overnight? Try faster and higher.
All those waiting for 150, one blink and the sale of the century is gone. Poof!
Good news, I haven't left the ship and ready for liftoff.
90K in Q2. Demand my ass.

This was my post on Monday - did you get it? Still trying to time the $150?
FYI, this isn't the pop (as in the speed of the rise when it blows). The current rise is only in anticipation of some news and a bunch of computers in NY trained on $TSLA. It will pull back a bit after the CC as usual, but $209 is still a great buy!

I'll wear shorty shorts and post for a day if the SP doesn't hit 420 in 2019.

If other areas are in worse shape, be prepared for an influx of people. I find it amazing when people say, “I don’t care if Miami Florida falls into the ocean. Their crazy anyway.” My response is, “where do you think those crazy people will move to? Most likely yours and my backyard.”

Their response: Silence accompanied by an “oh *sugar* look.

And this is why I'm amazed the US is not playing nicer with Mexico. I mean where else can we relocate all those people who live in the low lying areas in Florida, Georgia, Texas, etc? o_O

Canada is too cold for most of them.;)

Short Ferrari. Buy Tesla. Ferrari has a market cap of 27 billion. Sells less than 10000 cars and is preparing for Roadster 2.0 by paying a small dividend and share buybacks and, of course, a coming hybrid. Good luck with that.
Ferraris are hand built collector's item for the rich. Their cars massively increase in value due to its craftsmanship and rarity. Buying a new Ferrari is also not an easy task which has requirements like one must be a past Ferrari owner and such. I wouldn't short them. Tesla cars are meant to be driven since their use to curb CO2 production and doesn't have the purpose of being a collector item. Roadster 2.0 will smack a top of the line Ferrari in speed but the buyers doesn't care.

I am feeling slightly less depressed now we are back at $210, although I am not in the black until $285

At least I didn't sell any shares during this dip. I held on tight! But I could only buy a handful more as I had ran out of cash.

If we have a good shareholders meeting, deliveries at 90k plus for Q2 and close to breakeven then we should be back at $290 before we know it. Well, if there were any logic in the market anyway... If there were any logic then we would already be at $400+

I am feeling slightly less depressed now we are back at $210, although I am not in the black until $285

At least I didn't sell any shares during this dip. I held on tight! But I could only buy a handful more as I had ran out of cash.

If we have a good shareholders meeting, deliveries at 90k plus for Q2 and close to breakeven then we should be back at $290 before we know it. Well, if there were any logic in the market anyway... If there were any logic then we would already be at $400+

I am in a very similar situation, but console myself that my average share price dropped quite a bit just on the buying I was able to do.

When it's at $1000, it won't matter as much! ;) (Definitely not advice, just optimism.)

There seems to be a perception that no other car manufacturer in the world is actually close to producing EVs. A prudent investor would be paying attention to what's going on in the market at BMW, the VW Group (VW, Audi, Porsche) and be looking at things like this for a glimpse into the future:

Mercedes-Benz EQC (2019): Test drive in L.A.
There's no such perception here. There's a perception that they are 10 years behind on tech and specs. Plus lacking battery supplies for any meaningful numbers.

People will buy these other cars and suffer for it by lacking what Tesla offers, they will find that out by talking to Tesla owners.

Some of them are Tesla haters and deserve it, some of them are supporters of national OEMs, which is more respectable.

Either way, the ICE pie is big and the sooner it's finished the better. Whether consumets like it or not, by the time they decide to replace their EQC or whatever, they'll find out ICEs are no longer an option. So, all is good, the competition is welcome.

And btw, even with their limited range, the competitor cars may be perfectly adequate as a local commuter car, so if every family replaces 1 of 2 cars with EV until tech/range significantly improves, it's an everybody wins scanario (well, except oil/ice).

Ferraris are hand built collector's item for the rich. Their cars massively increase in value due to its craftsmanship and rarity. Buying a new Ferrari is also not an easy task which has requirements like one must be a past Ferrari owner and such. I wouldn't short them. Tesla cars are meant to be driven since their use to curb CO2 production and doesn't have the purpose of being a collector item. Roadster 2.0 will smack a top of the line Ferrari in speed but the buyers doesn't care.

uhm anyone can go in a Ferrari dealership and buy the car...theres no "prior owners only" rule

$120mi in funding some from nuclear officials in govt, 100+ scientists involved, and a total new theory of nature which matches all experimental NIST data we have. Atomic Theory | Brilliant Light Power

You can't make up the slothiness of people who hit the buy button on their TSLA stock as it goes up and down or scan Musk's twitter feed for some new insight.
Do the homework - we're waiting...
OHHHH, now we see! "nuclear officials in govt" huh? Perhaps I was wrong maybe??

"funding some from nuclear officials in govt"

-Link please??

Signed- A. Sloth

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
We’re so far below any semblance of support it’s pretty scary.

I’m lowering any new entry point to nearly 20% below these levels. Unless we somehow get confidently over 225$ with volume. Which frankly I do not see happening anytime soon
Wondering what is @tivoboy 's prediction regarding this sudden rise? A temporary bounce or starting of the reversal?

Not if you want the limited edition ones which the buyer is hand picked by the company.

10 Strict Rules Ferrari Owners Must Follow (And 10 The Employees Must Abide By)

Sooo.... just like a founder’s series Roadster. Needless to say, if you short Ferrari, you don’t need their entire company to disappear. If they lose everything except those limited editions, that’d be more than enough for that to pay handsomely.

Of course, if it’s demand that’s slacking, they’ll quickly lose those top line ones as well. Those things are collection pieces, largely for showing off, and nobody is impressed by a collection of cars from a brand that’s lost favor.

Looks like the bears quickly pivoted from "no demand" to "no margin", which is hardly surprising.
image.jpg

Months of gloom and doom about Tesla in the media, but if we are to believe Fred's source Tesla is having record sales in North America. The question that has been bugging me today is how those two things can be reconciled. Possible explanations I can think of:

- Many people don't see the mainstream media and their FUD (or we, as vivid Tesla followers, see too much of it)
- Many people see the FUD for what it is: bullsugar
- Even bad news is good news: people read FUD about Tesla, get interested in the brand, do some more research and find out there's a lot to like about the cars (Youtube for instance has great videos by owners).
- Many people base their buying decisions on what they hear from informed sources: Tesla owners among their relatives, friends, at work, in communities and neigbourhoods. Thank you ambassadors!

Maybe it's just a combination of all of the above :)

If the hottest, sexiest girl in your school is rumored to have crabs, you still want to have sex with her just to see if it's true or not.;)

Actually, I think desperate shorts took the Tesla FUD so far into the weeds, even people with only half a brain could see what was going on. And the FUDster's were so deep in their own *sugar* they couldn't see out of it.

Reactions: UncaNed