Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im not sure if it’s available there, but I’m talking about with lane change confirmation turned off. At least in the states, that’s available. And amazing. My autopilot is currently broken(service is working on figuring out what’s wrong), but I did have the no-confirmation for a while before that happened. It certainly isn’t perfect, but it’s far from a gimmick.
Should be an option in the EU, NoA is pretty annoying and useless around here. Especially when the car ‘waits’ for a lane change and then when the timer expires (5sec) goes suddenly back to the leaving lane. Idiotic EU rule, we should start a case here to have this law removed.

Off Topic: Ick, Boris Johnson? I thought you Brits would have learned from America's mistakes.

On Topic: Even besides that, I think the logistics of having the first/only GF in Europe to be in the UK a poor idea. They'd be able to get a lot of vehicles to the UK residents, but they're a RHD when a majority of the world is a LHD (as a RHD producer it also doesn't make much sense, because Australia and Japan, other RHD locations, are quite the distance from there, and it doesn't make logistical sense). Not only that, but they'd have to either boat it or Chunnel the vehicles from the Isle's to the rest of Europe, so shipping would still be an issue.

Further, I don't know if the UK would be able to get zero tariffs into the EU. If the UK ever actually goes through with Britex.
I doubt that LHD/RHD will make a difference. They are already manufacturing both in Fremont (I saw an RHD model on the assembly line on our factory tour on Friday), and am confident they could make both in the UK. I also don't think shipping would be much of an issue. However, the EU market is much larger than the UK market, and we can expect continuing turbulence from the Brexit, so I think they'd rather set up shop in the EU.

Lot of capping around $252 it seems, which as I recall is close to max pain for this Friday?

If they're having trouble driving the stock price lower on the back of price drops(and misinformation that goes with them) along with poor macro's today, then I feel like they're going to have a tough time keeping it under 252 by Friday

Reactions: humbaba and LYTRIDR
How do you think the ICE devotees will feel when you erect your super high-tech spacious tent with extensive shade awnings in said remote area and proceed to plug your "Jeep" into the umbilical cord coming off the roof/awnings. Especially when you tell them the desert sun is adding 50 miles of off-road range for every day you're camped there. :D

Then you ask him if he wants to have an impromptu rock crawling competition on that jumble of boulders surrounding your campsite. He just looks at them thinking "You couldn't be considering actually driving your rig on those?". Welcome to 2029! You then run an extension cord over to his low-tech tent and tell him he can use all the power he needs if he'll just shut off that pesky 1000W gasoline generator as the sound and fumes are ruining the mood.

That 100w panel is there to keep my beer cold and won't get the Tesla Truck anywhere.. That does worry me and anyone else who actually travels, how far can I get, that's whats keeping the ICE at my house.

That 100w panel is there to keep my beer cold and won't get the Tesla Truck anywhere.. That does worry me and anyone else who actually travels, how far can I get, that's whats keeping the ICE at my house.
Truck will have 500mi with MXWL.

My reason for keeping ICE is to beat it up on an offroad trail. Feels wrong to scratch up Tesla there. Plus, they currently don't have high clearance (in Y, which is pity) and solid battery protection from the bottom. Which means that if you hit the bottom against a rock, you have a risk of fire a bit later.

I've been traveling for over six years now. Some trips over 5,000 miles, and some of them in the days when SCs were only in California. It's not been a problem. If there is electricity, you can charge. We got rid of the last ICE years ago.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree... :confused:

Where I live there are no NoA approved freeways. But now I'm on holiday. With my Tesla ofcourse. Beeing the family nerd I've read about NoA and have been looking forward to try. But it's pretty much useless.

It can exit the freeway - which is useful I guess. Driving around Oslo and then crossing the border into Sweden driving to Gothenburg and Stockholm with NoA is both stressful and frustrating. It suggests lane changes. I approve with the stalk. Then a couple of seconds later it aborts. I stopped at a layby and checked the settings.

Changed NoA to MadMax mode. But Max Max is a whimp. In 20-30 minutes of driving in light Sunday traffic it didn't manage to change lanes once. So I got stuck in the slow lane behind everything there. Tried NoA on several other occasions the last few days. The only one getting mad was me!

The ordinary adaptive cruise control and auto steering is very nice on freeways. But NoA really is a frustrating gimmick. I am one of Elons biggest fans and I can see NoA evolving into FSD but the current version is basically useless. It reminds me of when to get off the freeway. Nice. But that's it. :eek:
Note that there are extra limitations in the EU - I believe the lane change must complete within a few seconds of user confirmation or else it must abort by law. There are other problems too. The US doesn't have these restrictions.

I've been traveling for over six years now. Some trips over 5,000 miles, and some of them in the days when SCs were only in California. It's not been a problem. If there is electricity, you can charge. We got rid of the last ICE years ago.
I have a Tesla for Road traveling, its that part of getting from the middle of nowhere to another middle of nowhere all while on dirt.. But I'm willing to try.
Oh and I'll be doing my part this week of at least a few shares before the CC..

Agreed. Frankly, I am ok with the stock consolidating at around this level until earnings. RSI still indicates overbought. Need to rest a bit before we start the climb to 300. :)

bah, that just gives shorts an opportunity to exit gracefully. personally, i'd rather see a steady climb that incites escalating stress on their positions and panic in their outlook.

Elon can secure a Tesla sale with a quick retweet (from Bill Pulte's Twitter):

Bill Pulte‏Verified account @pulte
If @ElonMusk retweets this for Twitter Philanthropy, I will buy a @Tesla and donate it to a Combat Veteran
1f1fa-1f1f8.png
#TwitterPhilanthropy

12:54 PM - 16 Jul 2019

A few thoughts about Tesla's heavy Performance/Ludicrous price decreases this year
  • Obviously Tesla's aim is to increase uptake of these higher margin options and for this to balance the reduced prices. They are trying to turn the Performance models from probably c.5% of volume to something significantly higher.
  • I think Performance/Ludicrous are mostly just software upgrades/removal of software performance limitations, so they shouldn't be at a much higher COGs (though may have higher warranty reserve).
  • One extra benefit of this is getting more of these top performance models on the road. Word of mouth is Tesla's primary sales channel and if people experience a ride in a friend's Performance model this has a higher chance of converting them than a standard AWD model.
  • Another consideration is just how much damage this will do to ICE competitors. ICE luxury manufacturers have been in a comfortable oligarchy for decades with nobody disrupting the status quo of extremely expensive and profitable performance upgrade options. Tesla is seriously shaking this up with the capabilities model 3 performance is now offering for just $55k (less incentives, fuel, maintenance, depreciation savings etc).
I think the Performance price decrease also speaks to Tesla's continued improvement in production. After improvements and testing I'm guessing that they feel the warranty reserve can be smaller than it has been.