Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mod: I just want to mention that when we move posts, the message that the poster gets is complete boilerplate that is completely NOT under any control of the moderators, except for the usually short explanation we provide in the middle. We've complained about that wording before. I will complain again. --ggr

Edit: Yes, @neroden is banned. No, it wasn't because of his criticism of Tesla. Now can we let it go?
Thank you.

And Oil isn't feeling too well.

Since I seem to be on a "fossil fuels are dead" run, here's an article from OilPrice.com that references a research report that starts, "The long-term breakeven oil price needs to be as low as $9 or $10 a barrel so that gasoline cars can remain competitive as a means of transportation in the future"

What I think is significant about these two recent articles is that they are "investment" advice. If the money moves away from fossil fuels to renewables, that will only help to speed the transition.

Oil Needs To Be Below $20 To Compete With Electric Cars | OilPrice.com

OT

Do we think electric jet skis will be relatively silent like EV cars? I'm just wondering because I like the idea of jet skiing, but the noise of the gas versions is unbearable.

I surely hope so. I was out on my sailboat this past week trying to enjoy some peace and quiet when some jet skiers ruined it.

MSE00546.jpg

Do we think electric jet skis will be relatively silent like EV cars? I'm just wondering because I like the idea of jet skiing, but the noise of the gas versions is unbearable.

Yes for jet ski's and side by sides, made 40 miles south of me at some point along with the trucks.
Nikola Corp | Nikola Powersports

Well it was green for a bit, picking up a few more this week while the sale pricing is still on..

OT

I surely hope so. I was out on my sailboat this past week trying to enjoy some peace and quiet when some jet skiers ruined it.

View attachment 438339

Is that a Tesla installed hitch or a uhaul installed one? I was thinking about getting one installed on my pre-hitch edition model 3 but I don't want someone to screw up my car. I love my car.

Reactions: Carl Raymond

I don't think they'd be nearly as quiet as a Tesla, or other EV's. It's just the vastly different motor function, and that's a good portion of the noise Jet Skis cause. It's water being sucked into a motor, and then expelled forcefully. I don't think there are very quiet methods to do this. Think of it like a hair blower; they're electric, but quite loud. Or a vacuum.

Although, I can see a Tesla Jet ski being a limited edition run of the Tesla Motor's company. Didn't they have a surf board for sale a while back, or was that the Boring company?

Reactions: TheTalkingMule
Great first post, new user!

On a completely unrelated topic: has @neroden been banned or something?

Maybe he got a service appointment so had nothing to talk about any more :D

But yeah, he's gone mighty quiet.

Edit: OK, seems he was banned, I guess it's a temporary thing though, even the short seller birdies usually just get a week.

Maxwell claims a 16 x production capacity density increase for it's dry electrode technology.
I think that is based on the large size of drying ovens used to remove solvents critical to the wet electrode process.

Assuming this works and scales as Tesla expects, how much less factory space may be needed in new GFs to produce a given GWhs
of annual battery production? GF1 will produce 35 GWh in the near future and currently has 5.5 million square feet
available for production of cells, packs and motors. It would be interesting to have some idea of how many GWh GF1 (or new factories) may produce per million sq feet, using the new dry electrode tech.

Reactions: AZRI11
Mods.. if possible, don't delete this, I just want to point a thread to discuss about the forbidden subject

"You people"? Really?
Yes, I tried to have a civil discussion with a mod last night and found his reply to be downright rude, condescending, and borderline threatening. So, the "can't you people read" tone is unsurprising. I think the censorship on TMC has taken a turn for the worse and the community will suffer because of it, losing long-term members who are obviously more vocal. And because they are more vocal they are punished. I post this reticently because I fear the heavy hand of the mods. But, ironically that's what makes me feel I should follow through and post it so folks are aware.