Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like an exaggeration to accuse Iran. US/KSA are so looking for an excuse to attack Iran.
The Saudis can’t even invade Yemen, they can’t invade Iran. John Bolton May have wanted invade Iran, but I don’t think Trump is too keen on it. I don’t know if it’s an exaggeration, but the plant is huge and first analysis is that it will be shut down for 2 years.

The Saudis can’t even invade Yemen, they can’t invade Iran. John Bolton May have wanted invade Iran, but I don’t think Trump is too keen on it. I don’t know if it’s an exaggeration, but the plant is huge and first analysis is that it will be shut down for 2 years.
I think the alleged exaggeration relates to blaming the Iranians for the actions of a Yemeni affiliated group, not to the extent of the damage.

People (humans) always want simple and the world always delivers complexity. When I was deployed in Saudi I was once asked point blank by a Saudi (warrant officer equivalent) when we were leaving his country. At least some Saudi regarded us as an invader, and yet we've had a friendly presence there for a long time.

While the drone attack may have ripple effects to include impacting the stock price or EV adoption or something else relevant to Tesla, the situation and its politics really belongs in a different thread. Well, my two cents anyway.

If you really want to trigger a recession...

What is interesting this time around is that there is an alternative :- BEVs.

While higher oil prices will bite and tend to slow the economy, they will also act to encourage customers to buy BEVs, for car makers to invest in more BEV production and for battery makers to invest in more cell production...

Companies do need the money to invest, but interest rates are low, and perhaps there is plenty of capital around.

Also RSA is going to invest their considerable resources in getting the plant up and running ASAP and perhaps other contingencies.

Others may be able to increase production....

10-15 years ago this type of thing could have easily triggered an oil price spike and a recession...now it is more complex...

But people are complaining that it's not happening everywhere. Which is a solid indicator that mismatch problems are varied geographically.
Right.

Going back to my original point - price changes and incentives do exactly what they appear to do. Shift/increase/decrease demand to meet supply. Like any sane business, Tesla wants to maximize sales without hurting the company vision/image.

While the drone attack may have ripple effects to include impacting the stock price or EV adoption or something else relevant to Tesla, the situation and its politics really belongs in a different thread. Well, my two cents anyway.
The point is - how this can destabilize the region i.e. its not just about oil price next week.

I'd expect some market drop on Monday - not sure how much or what happens to Tesla. Oil going up should be positive for Tesla - but I think it will follow Nasdaq down.

Not nearly enough. And those who can least afford $5 gas can least afford BEVs.

While that is true, no one can do anything about it short-term, and the long term solution is to move to BEVs.

Relative to other investments, I guess oil companies and EV makers will do better..

If governments want to avoid a recession, there are perhaps policy levers they can use....

I think I read somewhere a long time ago about an invention (prob. never patented, for obv. reasons) to greatly enhance artillery range by putting a small bleeder charge at the back of the actual grenade, simply by filling the drag vortices (is that a word?). Anyway, by a factor of 50% or so.
Go, Cannonball!
Yup, it was called the "RAP round" (rocket assisted projectile), and that name was a true misnomer. The extra range didn't come from thrust, it came from reducing drag. Back in the '80s we tested these with 40 km rge vs 18 km for the regular 155 mm HE round. So thats over a 100% improvement in range.

original.jpg

Tesla has a huge incentive to deploy self-driving tech. But is the world ready?

Russ Mitchell has outdone himself on this Tesla hit piece. He creatively misleads the reader to assume that Elon Musk needs the profit recognition badly from FSD and so he's rushing the technology to market rather than the safe and sane approach that everyone else is taking. Readers come away with the opinion that at any time, Musk might "flip the switch" and we have self-driving cars running everywhere, potentially running over children and causing mayhem. There's no mention of an approximately year-long process of sorting out the corner cases and until then drivers have to do what they're doing right now: keep their hands on wheel and stay engaged.

Tesla has a huge incentive to deploy self-driving tech. But is the world ready?

So there is about $1.18B in deferred revenue from full autopilot sales. Does anyone know about how much will be recognized now because of V10 enhanced summon being released? What is missing for full self driving? enhanced summon, traffic lights/city driving?

Most of the recognition for enhanced summon would be EAP, not FSD. It was only like 6 months ago, I think, when that was moved over to FSD(for new orders)

Reactions: kbM3
Not nearly enough. And those who can least afford $5 gas can least afford BEVs.

I think it’s less “can’t afford BEV’s” at this point, and more “can’t afford new cars”. I doubt there are many who could afford a new car, but can’t make the payments on a Model 3, given gas savings. The bigger thing is that there’s a whole lot of people who can only afford used cars and the Model 3 and even the Bolt aren’t old enough to have sufficient used supply. In 5-10 years it won’t be such a problem, but, for now, there’s nothing anyone can do to speed up that process.

EDIT: I guess one other aspect of this is that such people largely live in apartments, which may not provide enough or any charging.