Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NIO down 20% in the pre-Market: :eek:

Market Summary > Nio Inc - ADR
NYSE: NIO
2.72 USD 0.00 (0.00%)
Closed: Sep. 24, 9:13 a.m. EDT
Pre-market 2.19 −0.53 (-19.49%)
And there's this, once more proving 'there's no manipulation':

Arcimoto Inc
NASDAQ: FUV
3.40 USD −0.12 (3.41%)
Sep. 24, 11:32 a.m. EDT

Tesla Inc
NASDAQ: TSLA
227.39 USD −13.84 (5.74%)
Sep. 24, 11:54 a.m. EDT

EDIT: Still just 33K/min vol for the 1st 2.5 hrs of the session. Where are the shortzes getting the shares to sell short, Eeyore? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I scooped some more up at 229.13. I'll sell the additional tomorrow on the bounce. The amount of insanity with this stock I've got to wonder if one could simply be a successful day trader with this forum and this one stock. lol

indeed. seems like free money to an extent, but on the other hand i'm not sure its quite stopped falling yet. I might pick some up just before close.

Funny part is that Nio stabilized 30 minutes into the trading session. TSLA still hasn't found a bottom.
Its not funny when NIO is benefitting from the Alternative Uptick Rule (> 10% drop in SP since yesterday's close), and will continue to be protected on Wed + Thu for the rest of today and tomorrow.

Tesla won't hit -10% today, so gets no protection. Shortzes learned that trick last Fall.

EDIT:
h/t to @MP3Mike for the correction to the duration of the Uptick Rule, as above. :cool:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: abasile and jerry33
The plaintiffs' request to unseal the record was granted (in part). There was also an adverse development in the litigation about the 2018 CEO's compensation package; the judge indicated the Board of Directors would have to justify their support of it.

None of which will turn out to be material to Tesla. Meanwhile Tesla delivered about 200 cars in Norway again today, which is very material.

But I guess we will be in this mess for another year, until Tesla is too S3XY to ignore.

It's not a new lawsuit, but new details of the complaint were unredacted yesterday and have been reported in a number of articles (e.g. claims that Musk was not recused when he said he was, Solar City's cash issues were not accurately disclosed, and inadequate financial models were used by the advisory firm).

I say NIO plus lawsuit plus macros, but why doesn’t matter. Real or fake bad news freezes retail buyers, the Cylon shorts try to drive the price down to oblivion, the Machiavellian manipulators play along to profit, and the rag tag fleet of longs is dragged back and forth.

This is quite the drama.

Sold 220 Oct 4 puts for $5. Now the question is, calls for glory or stay put for chicken little gains?

Last edited: