Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we'll be back close to even by end of day. Just a hunch.

I doubt that, it looks like a macro *sugar*-show too, which has dragged it down more and will keep it down.

I expect a great delivery report, but I fear there's a risk that the market will go "meh", what's the point if there's no profits.

I hope that's not the case, but you know how it goes...

Reactions: gene
What kind of Greta Thunberg Halloween costume would be appropriate for a 6'2" 230lb male? Thoughts?
No prob. here ya go:

fionna+shrek.jpg

Elon was the creative genius that allowed Tesla to get this far, but it is beginning to look like his arrogance is hurting Tesla now. The Solar City bailout and not for seeing the need to expand Service and delivery centers along with Model 3 rollout are killing Tesla right now. I am now beginning to regret buying TSLA as a long term investment over 5 years ago! I still think Tesla will be going to be very successful in the long run, but, as a 73 year old, I probably will not see it. That said, after purchasing 2 Tesla's, my next car will likely be another Tesla! I can muster up the patience to endure the service issues- but, a lot of people can't. (They had my car 2 weeks to complete the TSB for the Model X shudder issue.)

I hope that as Model 3 production continues and Model Y comes online that Tesla will address the massive issues that come with growth! Judging by my recent SC visit, they need at least 2 more SC's in this area now. With Model Y they will need that many more!

This psychological play is so poor. Why is Wallstreet so stupid minded to believe this concerns Tesla??
Christiane Agema on Twitter
Need a new emoji for "I agree" and "pissed me off" at the same time. I did see that same headline on TD-Ameritrade and fell for it at first because I was looking for a reason it fell. Self-fulfilled prophecy there. I'm usually keen to these tricks, imagine how average investors took this and sold as well. Wallstreet on the other hand was maybe reacting to signs of a pending attack by the shorts, trying to dodge bullets as they come, but not wanting to get out completely and miss the inevitable pop.

This is going to return quickly as was said earlier by several here now. Buy season is all I can say, but I don't expect any pop this quarter, maybe a return to $260 when Summons is released (strictly a hunch here). But watch out after that for another quarter - photos of people walking in front of Tesla's in parking lots. Just the image could produce concern deep down. I really think fear of AI is their best weapon against Tesla FSD. So we have to keep writing stories about how we feel just fine with the technology. Did I mention our Zion/Powell trip last weekend? OMG, sold another Model 3 on mountain switchback performance. When I took over, I got a ticket for crossing centerline and speeding. Score: Tesla 1, Human 0.

Reactions: SpaceCash and JRP3
Elon was the creative genius that allowed Tesla to get this far, but it is beginning to look like his arrogance is hurting Tesla now. The Solar City bailout and not for seeing the need to expand Service and delivery centers along with Model 3 rollout are killing Tesla right now. I am now beginning to regret buying TSLA as a long term investment over 5 years ago! I still think Tesla will be going to be very successful in the long run, but, as a 73 year old, I probably will not see it. That said, after purchasing 2 Tesla's, my next car will likely be another Tesla! I can muster up the patience to endure the service issues- but, a lot of people can't. (They had my car 2 weeks to complete the TSB for the Model X shudder issue.)

I hope that as Model 3 production continues and Model Y comes online that Tesla will address the massive issues that come with growth! Judging by my recent SC visit, they need at least 2 more SC's in this area now. With Model Y they will need that many more!

The last two years have been harsh, especially while watching other stocks with less potential climb continuiously that I got out of to accumulate more tesla stock. The worst was not getting out of the LEAPS in time. But I still see this as an accumulation opportunity, because the tide of sentiment towards doing something about global warming is changing, and unlike NIO tesla can make products at the right quantity and cost to allow people to avoid rising oil cost. They deliver so many model 3 now that more people that before didnt consider buying one are getting to test drive a neighbors or friends car and are blown away.

The war of the shorts against Elon is real, and missteps like not cleaning up the service center experience make it easier, but the gigafactory in china and rollout into more countries and launch of insurance to hedge against insurance companies overpricing tesla car premiums, all more than make up for that, IMHO.

Enjoy the discount and spread the word.

Just wait some weeks, numbers are coming in and earnings seems to be good, as mix with higher ASP cars looks good. You just got TSLAQ-d as they cannot fight against car business anymore, now they are trying to play down solar business. Solar is started to ramp again, probably in 6-12 months this FUD will also go away. And don't forget most analysts value Tesla solar business as $0.

The last two years have been harsh, especially while watching other stocks with less potential climb continuiously that I got out of to accumulate more tesla stock. The worst was not getting out of the LEAPS in time. But I still see this as an accumulation opportunity, because the tide of sentiment towards doing something about global warming is changing, and unlike NIO tesla can make products at the right quantity and cost to allow people to avoid rising oil cost. They deliver so many model 3 now that more people that before didnt consider buying one are getting to test drive a neighbors or friends car and are blown away.

The war of the shorts against Elon is real, and missteps like not cleaning up the service center experience make it easier, but the gigafactory in china and rollout into more countries and launch of insurance to hedge against insurance companies overpricing tesla car premiums, all more than make up for that, IMHO.

Enjoy the discount and spread the word.

Accumulation opportunity...assuming no recession and corresponding 20 to 30% market contraction. If so you will be rolling in opportunities, even as Tesla executes and continues to grow.

Reactions: loco and BBone

Hi Kutu. I'd agree that Musk can sometimes let his emotions get in the way. He is human, regardless of all the alien-conspiracy shorts that claim otherwise! I do think in the last 6 months or so he's settled down. Probably Ellison and others have coached him to focus and not waste his energies on the wrong things. So I think he's back on track and I think can/will lead Tesla/TSLA to a much higher path.

Just wait some weeks, numbers are coming in and earnings seems to be good, as mix with higher ASP cars looks good. You just got TSLAQ-d as they cannot fight against car business anymore, now they are trying to play down solar business. Solar is started to ramp again, probably in 6-12 months this FUD will also go away. And don't forget most analysts value Tesla solar business as $0.

To be objective, that line has been said over and over now.
And PV business is still not where Tesla should be in. Reselling Hanhwa Q 310-315 panels is not an optimistic business.

Reactions: Doggydogworld
None of which will turn out to be material to Tesla. Meanwhile Tesla delivered about 200 cars in Norway again today, which is very material.

But I guess we will be in this mess for another year, until Tesla is too S3XY to ignore.
I've heard this before. First sex would get a rise in SP, now it's moved to sexy. Hopefully we don't have to wait for ps. Sexyr.

It's become undeniable(at least to me) that S&P inclusion is going to be needed to finally be done with this level of coordinated manipulation. There's simply too much money sitting on the sidelines that won't invest in Tesla until it's included in S&P. The available pool of those willing to invest or trade Tesla is a select few funds and individual billionaire investors who are long term investors, the well funded shorts and bears, and shady/corrupt Wall St hedge funds that have no issue with making the most money off of the wild swings in Tesla's stock price. I wish I could understand why long trade funds and individual investors aren't buying up any weakness in Tesla shares. Maybe, and most likely, they're tapped out on the amount of shares they can buy. Whatever the case is, their buying power is no match for the well funded shorts/bears and the shady Wall st funds that care more about day trading and using that to their fullest.

I'm really hoping Tesla shows profit in Q3 because the sooner we start the march back to 1-year profitability, the sooner the S&P inclusion. Q1's loss was big enough that there's zero chance for S&P inclusion after Q1 2020. Best we can hope for is Q3/Q4/Q1(2020) are enough to offset Q2's loss.

According to this article, it is the SolarCity deal that made the TSLAQ movement strong

“He’s Full of *sugar*”: How Elon Musk Gambled Tesla to Save SolarCity

"“If it weren’t for SolarCity, #TSLAQ wouldn’t exist,” says @TeslaCharts"

Impossible to trade this market with the orange one.

Could be it. Especially after wework got belted.

Wow, talk about a company that deserved a belting. Playing middle man on leases and landlords and somehow claiming they were changing the world while hemorrhaging cash all the time. If they deserve even a ten bill valuation then TSLA should be at half a trill.