Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Btw., while I find the Bollinger design romantic in the retro sense, I don't think such a pedestrian destruction death-machine should be street legal ...

It's 2019 for heaven's sake, pedestrian protection designs are a thing. The family of the first kid unnecessarily crushed by that monster instead of being thrown over the hood with a broken leg should sue the pants off Bollinger.

You want every large truck and semi made illegal? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Thumper
That's true. Until it isn't true.

If you're in a stock that's going to be a 10-bagger, it's almost always better to be all in than playing the bounces. Because people that play the bounces almost always miss most of the big rises. The stock goes up 30%, they sell, happy that they made money only to watch it continue to rise. They keep telling themselves it will go back down so they better wait to buy in again but it keeps going up. And up. And up. Their only consolation is they made 30%. Dividing your holdings into "buy and hold" and "play the bounces" doesn't solve this problem because any money used to "play the bounces" could have been used for "buy and hold".

Appreciate the advice.

But, I’ve been doing solidly with TSLA. My swing trades have done A LOT (and that’s an understatement) better than my long position so far. I’m invested in other stocks where I just accumulate/hold as you say. But, not with TSLA. Long and short is working.

No, you jackwagon. People asserted he DRIVES an S but have no evidence beyond hearsay; nobody can even show him saying he owns one. The article is old and barely-favorable. He is having Linette on his show. All evidence supports me.

Please, it's silly to argue about what kind of car Bill Maher drives.

All successful TV comedy hosts drive a Tesla! Conan O'Brien, Jay Lenno, David Letterman, Stephen Cobert, Ellen Degeneres, etc. Fox shows excluded (because it's faux comedy). If they don't, it's only because they are not successful enough! ;)

You want energy large truck and semi made illegal? :rolleyes:

Class 8 semi trucks are generally not driven in low speed residential zones, or if they must go there most truck drivers will drive them carefully. In Europe they need case by case special permission to enter most residential zones.

The Bollinger truck looks like a macho replacement for Hummers, which are very much present in residential zones.

your assertion was that he would piss on Tesla given half a chance. instead, people immediately found two instances of him praising Tesla, and even saying he drives one. time to admit defeat and eat crow.

I agreed with SpaceCash's assessment of Bill Maher initially, then I realized that everyone seems to be talking about the comedian, and NOT the seeking alpha contributor: Bill Maurer
A person (@Hasbro1) asserted he drives an S. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. I don't know how harassed by photographers he is so I can't figure any odds of there being pics either way.

But if your read of his 2014 blog entry is that it is "barely-favorable"? Look, Bill Maher is a political pundit and he clearly gets under your skin. Okay. But that doesn't change his stance on an EV future and climate change -- and as regards Tesla that is what matters.

Will Tesla come up in the segment? It might, and if it does it would be an opportunity for Linette Lopez to be put in the hotseat. So here's hoping that someone has the means to encourage him to bring up Tesla...

Regardless, why is Linette Lopez given air time on his show? She's a reporter, who was supposedly demoted. Usually guests of a show are NOT made to feel uncomfortable. I am skeptical of anything positive coming out of her "interview".

No, you jackwagon. People asserted he DRIVES an S but have no evidence beyond hearsay; nobody can even show him saying he owns one. The article is old and barely-favorable. He is having Linette on his show. All evidence supports me.

I watch the show. Don't agree with everything but I do find it entertaining (which is the purpose) for the most part.

He has said on multiple occasions during the show that he has a model S and an Audi A6. This argument is about as mature as most on here so if you want the real evidence watch all the shows (or just keep believing it is hearsay). Or you could do a google search and see it is documented by several sources. It isn't exactly mind blowing that a hollywood celeb drives a Tesla.

Those giant 5 story stamping machines are expensive, and speed isn't the only marketing tool. Do we know the price tag?

Not sure I'm ready to dismiss any competitor and Tesla world dominance, otherwise variety will be lacking very soon.

I think this is the one where you can put very long lumber or whatever through the center if I'm not mistaken. I think that's a door in front.
If it has Tesla Supercharger opt-in I'd consider it as a utility truck. Better than the guzzling F-150 that we use once in a while.

Class 8 semi trucks are generally not driven in low speed residential zones, or if they must go there most truck drivers will drive them carefully. In Europe they need case by case special permission to enter most residential zones.

The Bollinger truck looks like a macho replacement for Hummers, which are very much present in residential zones.
They aren't being sold in Europe that I'm aware of. The front is no more dangerous that most pickup truck sold here, or heavy duty trucks such as garbage trucks and dump trucks, none of which need any special permits to drive in residential areas here. Neither do semis.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
I think this is the one where you can put very long lumber or whatever through the center if I'm not mistaken. I think that's a door in front.

Oh, you mean it's designed for the small minority of truck buyers who actually buy a truck to do useful work?

We sold both of our gas cars last year for two Model 3's. But we still have our gas truck. It gets used only a few times a year to do real towing/hauling. Initially, I thought "We will still have a vehicle that can do long trips effortlessly" before we bought the two Model 3's but that thought has been proven misguided. The last thing I want to take on a long trip is a V-8 powered brick that gets 17-18 MPG on the highway and holds 36 gallons of gasoline when the Model 3's are more convenient, more efficient, more comfortable, faster and have better infotainment.

I hope they sell this thing in large numbers but I'm waiting for the Tesla pickup.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I am picking up my Model 3 tomorrow. Yeah..:-D

I dropped by Tesla Drammen today to sort out the finalpayment, and the store was packed to the brim.. at 16:42 - long lines with people picking up their cars, must have been 25 waiting in line/on the couches/hanging around..at least. And the parking lot was packed to the brim with cars to be delivered.

Mine is still in-transit they said (?) so a new shipment arrive at Drammen harbor tonight? Cutting it a little close I would say. I demand to get my car tomorrow. :-D

With ships still arriving before the weekend, it's a good thing that this time we have a quarter ending on a weekday (not a Sunday). I have a feeling Monday is going to be huge, especially in Norway, The Netherlands, the UK, Australia, but maybe also China, the US and Canada.

Got a call today, I can pick up the car tomorrow.

Unfortunately now way I can make it to Munich tomorrow (appointments all day). So Saturday it is.

They are really doing their best to get the cars out the door. The inventory shown on Tesla.com for Germany is 17 Model 3 cars. Delivery estimate for new orders is still at November.

My updated Q3 delivery forecast: 100,001 cars. (The 1 is mine)

I'm also picking up my car tomorrow, so that is 70,002 locked in IMO.

That's true. Until it isn't true.

If you're in a stock that's going to be a 10-bagger, it's almost always better to be all in than playing the bounces. Because people that play the bounces almost always miss most of the big rises. The stock goes up 30%, they sell, happy that they made money only to watch it continue to rise. They keep telling themselves it will go back down so they better wait to buy in again but it keeps going up. And up. And up. Their only consolation is they made 30%. Dividing your holdings into "buy and hold" and "play the bounces" doesn't solve this problem because any money used to "play the bounces" could have been used for "buy and hold".
We've been told that TSLA would be a 10-bagger for many years. Maybe it will happen one day, but I'm not holding my breath.

I said it a long while back. This is a stock to be traded. Good news today is typically replaced by bad news tomorrow. It's a trader's dream come true, particularly since emotions run high in both bull and bear camps.