Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like rabbits...

Jay in Shanghai on Twitter

EGNXpEiU0AAgV-E

Scam. Tesla parking cars under large warehouse in China :) Bankwptcy!!

This custom horn thing had me thinking... Where is that actually legal? Or illegal? In the UK for example, I thought horns had to sound like... Well, horns. But maybe I'm mistaken.

They'd clearly have to fall within whatever set of guidelines exist, and also not reflect negatively on the brand. I assume a preapproval process (possibly for a fee) would screen them if they went this route.

"Honktones" and movement sounds, coming to a Tesla near you soon. ;) Lots of people suggesting ones to Elon; he's said that he's considering allowing custom ones (I assume they'd have to be preapproved)

Elon Musk on Twitter

View attachment 463211

Up until now, I've been ecstatic that my M3 was built before the movement sounds were introduced. If they allow Monty Python coconut/horse trotting sounds, I may ask for a retrofit!

Last edited:
Up until now, I've been ecstatic that my M3 was built before the movement sounds we're introduced. If they allow Monty Python coconut/horse trotting sounds, I may ask for a retrofit!
I predict these will get so nutty that *whoever* pushed this legislation through will have second thoughts.

"Honktones" and movement sounds, coming to a Tesla near you soon. ;) Lots of people suggesting ones to Elon; he's said that he's considering allowing custom ones (I assume they'd have to be preapproved)

Elon Musk on Twitter

View attachment 463211
Baseball cards in bicycle spokes:
Good news: they sounded great in my three-speed Schwinn - just like a motorcycle
Bad news: one of them was 1966 Mickey Mantle (seriously) :(

They now have an agreement with Auchan (a french chain like Tesco or Walmart) and will add Superchargers to several stores in major cities (well, by our standards) in the country.

The one Karen talks about is next to highway M0, a ring around the city very close to its intersections to highways M1 (towards Austria) and M7 (towards lake Balaton, Slovenia, Croatia) just outside the capital at the town of Törökbálint. You can find the pictures of the first new one under construction here. For example if you are coming from Austria or Slovakia on M1 and want to bypass the city and change to another highway (M3, M5, M7) you'd pass this by.

They are also adding one to an Auchan at the North Pest side by the town of Fót as well as the Auchan stores by the cities of Miskolc, Debrecen and Szeged next to existing Superchargers in Győr (M1 highway), Sormás (M7 highway) and an upcoming SuC by Balástya outside of Szeged at the M5 highway. The latter is kind of questionable to me due to the Szeged one, but we'll see. The Szeged store is in the city, not by the highway.

Seems like a major rollout for a country this small, but there are a few reasons why this makes sense. Hungary is geographically at a spot where we are major transit route towards the Adriatic Sea, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, while we also get a lot of traffic between Western Europe and Romania, Greece, Turkey. So our highway network is an important transit route way beyond our own population. Also, the Miskolc and Debrecen ones are very much welcome as the Eastern part of the country is really poor in terms of charging and this should also help travelers to the Ukraine or Romania.

As these are not on the map yet, I made one for you guys:
View attachment 462853
Looks like I won’t have to wait long anymore to come buy the Grand Tokaj Kovago Furmint I loved so much when I visited Budapest regularly for work a few years ago!