Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where in your quote i said "fremont was planning 10k just for NA" ? Though I expected 10k/w demand only for NA should happened already. GF1 still not at target rate because they refused to let panasonic to increase capex, again due to slower demand growth.

Karen is waiting for her car, why? Because the current demand is only marginally higher than the current capacity so extra production capacity is not built.

Fremont was not planing 10k just for the NA market. GF1 is still not at the target rate to supply Fremont.
@KarenRei is not waiting for her car due to FUD...

Where in your quote i said "fremont was planning 10k just for NA" ? Though I expected 10k/w demand only for NA should happened already. GF1 still not at target rate because they refused to let panasonic to increase capex, again due to slower demand growth.

I guess you lost me somewhere.
You - Fremont is support to be at 10k per week
Me - Instead they made GF3 to handle export
You - But GF3 is not NA market.
And again, GF3 is independent of NA demand
Me (now) - Is the Fremont 10k NA only or NA + export to China? In which case GF3 volume is relevant to the 10k target.

The reason I didn't repost this is that most of the smog comes from fields being burned by farmers(if you read those articles).

Doesn't mean car emissions don't exist, but EVs wouldn't fix the fires.

EV's can't completely fix anything but don't think the pollution from burning fields isn't related to ICE consumption. India produces significant amounts of ethanol for blending with gasoline and it's made from sugar cane. The cane fields are burned every harvest and the problem is so bad Indian farmers have higher rates of respiratory issues directly attributable to the burning of the fields.

So, yes, India transitioning away from ICE will most certainly reduce field burning and air pollution.

Isn't it amazing how many global ills are connected to ICE?

I respect all your contributions in this forum. But please at least try to understand what I am saying. Who said FUD will kill the company? I am very bullish and happy everything is getting better. But I refuse to believe the self-hypnosis conclusion that FUD has no effect any more. Funny you think accepting the fact that FUD had its way is spreading new FUD.

More like analyzing why we lost 1 year+ in terms of SP increase.
Apologies if you took the joke personally, I was just kidding about that general logic of FUD should move SP.

Actually, I think long term SP moves with fundamentals, short term it’s all about psychology.

Manipulators would want more people to believe manipulation would always win, and that’s how they would really win.

Short term it’s all self fulfilling prophecies, like how well the max pain theory had worked over the years.

Just stay long and ignore the noise!

1. Fremont supposed to be 10k per week != 10k/w only for NA. You added your own sauce and blamed me for my cooking?

2. GF3 is marginally relevant to NA because it will produce even a cheaper version of SR+, but how relevant, realistically ? The big picture is NA demand growth is much slower than anticipated due to FUD. And your refutal is GF3 changed that fact?

I guess you lost me somewhere.
You - Fremont is support to be at 10k per week
Me - Instead they made GF3 to handle export
You - But GF3 is not NA market.
Me (now) - Is the Fremont 10k NA only or NA + export to China? In which case GF3 volume is relevant to the 10k target.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Last edited:
Yes long term valuation is with fundamentals. But even the valuation in a 5 -10 year horizon is path dependent. Tsla technology strength already here. The main question is the capacity growth rate. That is directly related to the demand growth.

Ignoring FUD is like saying we will solve climate change anyway, if not this generation then next. But the import thing is: how fast? How many less people will suffer/die in the process.

Apologies if you took the joke personally, I was just kidding about that general logic of FUD should move SP.

Actually, I think long term SP moves with fundamentals, short term it’s all about psychology.

Manipulators would want more people to believe manipulation would always win, and that’s how they would really win.

Short term it’s all self fulfilling prophecies, like how well the max pain theory had worked over the years.

Just stay long and ignore the noise!

Fremont was not planing 10k just for the NA market. GF1 is still not at the target rate to supply Fremont.
@KarenRei is not waiting for her car due to FUD...

Exactly!

I'm about the last person to advocate for censorship but when people post ridiculous nonsense that is not supported by any of the evidence, I start thinking that everything has a line in the sand *somewhere*. :(

1. Fremont supposed to be 10k per week != 10k/w only for NA. You added your own sauce and blamed me for my cooking?

2. GF3 is marginally relevant to NA because it will produce even a cheaper version of SR+, but how relevant, realistically ? The big picture is NA demand growth is much slower than anticipated due to FUD. And your refutal is GF3 changed that fact?

Sauce/ cooking?
If Fremont were going to be > 3k export then GF3 displaces/ replaces 3k of Fremont capacity. If world demand is 10k, then peaking Fremont at 7k with minimal capEx is the wise choice.

I care about global demand, if Tesla can sell everything they make, what does it matter how many are NA bound?

WTF is going on with NIO? I thought they were dead after their earnings report.

Oh. MobileEye

Nio, Intel's Mobileye team up on self-driving electric cars in China
How could this possibly fix NIO’s problems? Didn’t they have a burning money, no path to making cars profitably because they outsourced everything problem? How would adding FSD change that, unless it made their cars several times more valuable. Does Intel have the deep pockets to throw at this, if so why partner and not buy out? Oh, it’s China. This looks so bad.

Odd comments coming from a Tesla bull, but Tesla does not have the not being able to make the basic car at a profit problem, and has the FSD path laid out full stack, not separate pieces, and has a factory already built.

Elon Musk: "zero concern" Tesla will achieve 10k/week unit production rate by 2018 year end
ridiculous none sense? My fault, it was a 2017 roadmap, not 2018.

Exactly!

I'm about the last person to advocate for censorship but when people post ridiculous nonsense that is not supported by any of the evidence, I start thinking that everything has a line in the sand *somewhere*. :(

Exactly!