Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pray Apple doesn't buy Tesla. But why should Apple management worry about entering a capital intensive business when they are sitting on 200+ billion in cash and only a few ideas on what to do with it all?

OTOH, I pray that Apple attempts to buy Tesla, but ultimately fails.
However, the bidding war would create a VW / Porsche level short squeeze!

Why ? I can dream, can't I ?

I wonder how the increase in stock price affects demand. I bet there is a non-trivial amount of people who are using their gains in TSLA to buy a tesla.

Probably trivial compared to the number of people who wouldn't buy a Tesla because "look at the stock price, it's going bankwupt."

You think demand is strong now, just wait until the FUD disappears and the stock becomes one of the most valuable on the market.

Poorly written article that only skims some important differences and ignores many. The Der Spiegel article @ReflexFunds posted was a much better article but still filled with gaps in analysis. Both ignore the issue of range anxiety that is overcome with a supercharging network. They understate the importance the car networks. The above article does identify the sales model as an advantage (something missing in the der spiegel article) but that's a small small part of the whole package. Tesla is launching products...ferociously. The german and japanese entities still have yet to make even an marketable electric car..much less a supercharging network, much less a sales model, much less a battery plant, much less a workable software solution to arrive at a future state, much less an interconnected network of computers. They are stuck at stage 1...something Tesla had almost 10 years ago.

I'm officially lost. I actually had dreams last night about the cybertruck reveal.

I personally believe cyber truck will be a m3 moment. When the market realizes that tsla just penetrated the conservative market. And all oil field workers are now drooling for a tesla.

Ths probably kills the FUD as those are the ppl you see keeying tesla and holds a personal grudge.

Kimbal will be a great spokesperson for the truck as a cowboy.

Do other brands have logos in Chinese in China?
If so, then I guess it's business as usual,
else I think this is going to be a subtle, great idea which Chinese will love -- in the footsteps of Tesla not charging more $$ for exported cars like the others. ..cheers!!

Yes I believe the Chinese characters are some regulation or other. A local told me that was how you could tell if a vehicle was made in China

I think the Cybertruck will be an awesome product but hitting 1k per week production in China will likely have a bigger impact on stock price. I think Wall Street will see this as another product added to the pipeline while they currently aren't even producing the Semi, Roadster or Y. Obviously WE know that Tesla is hard at work and those products are coming soon, but I don't think Wall Street feels the same way.