Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a proposal, everyone should think about, perhaps use.
The Ford Car, they really named it wrong.
Shooting themselves in the foot.

Just imagine their Elba Release, what your private thoughts will be.
Won't you recognize the pure inferiority of the product?
lack of originality?

So, here is what we do.
We now call it, the ..

Mocky

mock
verb
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

\ ˈmäk , ˈmȯk\
mocked; mocking; mocks
Definition of mock
(Entry 1 of 4)

transitive verb

1: to treat with contempt or ridicule : DERIDEhe has been mocked as a mama's boy— C. P. Pierce
2: to disappoint the hopes offor any government to mock men's hopes with mere words and promises and gestures— D. D. Eisenhower
3: DEFY, CHALLENGEthe unstable, strange new world of subatomic particles that mock all attempts at understanding— Philip Howard
4a: to imitate (someone or something) closely : MIMICa mockingbird was mocking a cardinal— Nelson Hayes
b: to mimic in sport or derisionfollowed the old man along the street mocking his gait

Interesting blurb about a German organization specifically crash testing electric vehicles. They only tested a LEAF and Zoe, but I'd really like to see how a Model 3 stands up. The 1st Gen LEAF did badly in passenger protection, but the drivetrain didn't explode which is what they appeared to be focused on - "congrats that you weren't cooked after impact, but you were already dead on impact, so you know, pros and cons."

Note that the speed is more than double the typical pole impact test.

Watching This Nissan Leaf Get Hurled Into a Pole at Speed Will Make You Flinch

More EV interest and safety comparisons will show the Model 3/Y in even better light.

Last edited:
For the record, I don't actually think F is partnering with TSLA. (VW maybe).

Why do so many people think Ford is partnering with Tesla or VW? I can only assume it's because they believe the specs Ford announced will actually happen in the timeframe and for the price they announced. In other words, they know Ford *couldn't* have achieved those numbers by themselves, so they *must* have a more experienced partner. That tells me they are more than a little gullible. Even knowing that, I wonder why they take Ford's claims at face value.

I expect the truck to have airless tires or else Elon is lion about the truck being bulletproof.

Unless there have been some improvements in airless tires that I don't know about, you will be disappointed. Airless tires have unacceptable disadvantages at the moment (noise and harshness, lack of high-speed capability and difficulty with heat dissipation) which is why even vehicles in Presidental motorcades have run-flats, not airless tires.

I expect a new trading range to be grasped for on Monday, Wednesday at the latest, and I expect to observe at a markedly different mystique and probably significantly different SP about the TSLA animal 2 weeks from now.

I'm bullish AF for TSLA tomorrow morning. The one concern I have is investors are actually pretty gullible when it comes to Ford's spec, pricing and timelines for their new EV. I expect to see FUD stories tonight/tomorrow morning about how Ford will eat Telsla's lunch. It's difficult to say how much traction these stories will get in the actual market. I think the market for TSLA shares is too strong right now for these kind of FUD stories to dampen much but I could be wrong about that.

One thing I am even more confident of is that TSLA stock has been trying to break-out significantly above $350. If this *doesn't* happen tomorrow morning, it will happen soon. And it will be another violent break-out, not a gradual, steady rise.

Interesting blurb about a German organization specifically crash testing electric vehicles. They only tested a LEAF and Zoe, but I'd really like to see how a Model 3 stands up. The 1st Gen LEAF did badly in passenger protection, but the drivetrain didn't explode which is what they appeared to be focused on - "congrats that you weren't cooked after impact, but you were already dead on impact, so you know, pros and cons."

Note that the speed is more than double the typical pole impact test.

Watching This Nissan Leaf Get Hurled Into a Pole at Speed Will Make You Flinch

More EV interest and safety comparisons will show the Model 3/Y in even better light.

That test strikes me as rather odd. I was trying to think about what kind of driving environment you might find a hazard so skinny and so stiff. You can see how it's reinforced with the steel beam near the base and perpendicular to the direction of travel. This artificial hazard is stronger and skinnier than a tree, stronger than any light pole, electrical pole or roadsign base you will find in real-world driving environments. These tests cost a lot of money to conduct so they generally try to mimic the kinds of events that real drivers might actually encounter. And yet, it looks like the Deutscher Kraftfahrzeug-Überwachungs-Verein (German Motor Vehicle Inspection Association) deliberately designed a test that was completely unrealistic. This kind of thing is not an accident!

It's almost as if they hoped it would burst into flames! Note that a gas car probably wouldn't burst into flames with this kind of test because this kind of test is over very quickly and does not produce a lot of sparks with which to ignite gasoline vapor. If I were trying to design a test in which an EV might perform worse than a gas-powered car, this is the test I would design.

This shows just how frightened the ICE industry is about the coming onslaught of EV's!

So why would it not be possible for Ford to partner with EV market leader Tesla as well, for premium products, if they can come to a mutually beneficial relationship?

I'm not saying Ford wouldn't *want* to partner with Tesla (certainly they would) but that they don't have anything to offer to the partnership. It takes two to tango.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, or that the probability is super high - but it's certainly a possibility.

Yes, in the future it's always a possibility but this is the wrong point in time for Tesla. They will not do it now.

I'm not saying Ford wouldn't *want* to partner with Tesla (certainly they would) but that they don't have anything to offer to the partnership. It takes two to tango.

Yes, in the future it's always a possibility but this is the wrong point in time for Tesla. They will not do it now.

Ford doesn't have anything to give to Tesla except for the fact that they want to accelerate the Advent of sustainable transport.

Tesla will take their tax credits or take them as customers. Whatever it takes. Certainly Tesla is getting more than opening their patents.

Elon also gave out the patents to his gigafactory assembly. Just that right now everyone wants to be that Tesla Killer vs helping them. They want Tesla killed and crown themselves the victors. So I am not expecting a partner ship not because of Tesla not wanting one but Ford not wanting one. They all see killing Tesla as the grand prize for ultimate brand promotion.

• Informative
Reactions: Mike Ambler
I can't believe you are starting to think Tesla is only a car company. I am rooting for power train partnership with anybody and everybody.

I don't know what gave you that false impression of what I think.

I'm well aware that Tesla is *much* more than a car company which is *precisely* why I think this is the wrong time for them to be partnering with others on things like battery supply agreements, etc. Tesla will need all the batteries they can make (and perhaps more) for their own energy solutions and cars/trucks/semi-trucks, etc.

Your comment is baffling.

Dealerships everywhere, service centers everywhere (to include model Y and maybe 3) and a back door to full federal tax rebate. That is what Ford offers. Look at the specs and versions. There is almost 0 chance this is not a model Y skate. Will they actually announce the partnership and will Elon be there are my only unknowns.

ITS GOING TO $700 THIS WEEK and it’s BULLISH AF

A partnership would be the guillotine to bears. They still think Tesla is CGI and not a real car company

To: Boss Short

Monday front page headline.

Tesla partners with Ford in last ditch effort to save company.

Sincerely
Chief Editor
Shortsville Times

I don't know what gave you that false impression of what I think.

I'm well aware that Tesla is *much* more than a car company which is *precisely* why I think this is the wrong time for them to be partnering with others on things like battery supply agreements, etc. Tesla will need all the batteries they can make (and perhaps more) for their own energy solutions and cars/trucks/semi-trucks, etc.

Your comment is baffling.

This is based on the speculation of having battery production going through the roof within a few years because he guided for terawatt hrs worth which is 30x of today's capacity. Tesla wouldn't need more than 10x to power all the products you named for the new few years. I mean in 10 years Tesla probably need 1terawatt, now surely there's not enough production capacity for cars to utilize that much.

Battery investor day will give us exactly how and When Tesla will get there. The when determines how this speculation goes.

This is based on the speculation of having battery production going through the roof within a few years because he guided for terawatt hrs worth which is 30x of today's capacity. Tesla wouldn't need more than 10x to power all the products you named for the new few years. I mean in 10 years Tesla probably need 1terawatt, now surely there's not enough production capacity for cars to utilize that much.

Battery investor day will give us exactly how and When Tesla will get there. The when determines how this speculation goes.

I *do* think the future of Tesla might be as the world's largest battery manufacturer. In time there will be many, many partnerships. Obviously, I was speaking of imminent announcements. I just don't see that happening unless a company has something that Tesla wants. And anyone speculating about such a partnership should lay that necessary part of any partnership out in a way that makes sense.