Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's partnership with any legacy OEM makes sense only when
Tesla has more batteries/motors than they can sell in their own cars
Why should Tesla give them any tech to help them with compliance ? Much better to sell them credits.
Because they will ramp up their own battery production next year... faster than they can build full cars. Doesn’t seem like anyone else wants to produce batteries, might as well take the whole pie

Look at the release date of Ford. The car is not coming anytime soon while Tesla is sitting on some secret sauce for battery production right now.
Ok, do we have any realistic view on how fast this capacity can be created? Tesla needs are huge next year with Semi and Y, let alone the truck. Took a while to bring GF1 to 35Gwh. 5x this number in one year? I want to believe but I haven’t seen a case for it despite the wild optimism we can find on TMC! o_O

Ok, do we have any realistic view on how fast this capacity can be created? Tesla needs are huge next year with Semi and Y, let alone the truck. Took a while to bring GF1 to 35Gwh. 5x this number in one year? I want to believe but I haven’t seen a case for it despite the wild optimism we can find on TMC! o_O

Elon guided for 1 terawatt hours. If people here thinks it will take another 3 years to double current capacity then I'll be dead before Tesla ever see 1 terawatt hours, and I'm only 36.

He distrusts dealers selling HIS cars. This was also several years ago, 2020 will not be 2013. If Y sells 2X Model 3, there is going to need to be wider service in BFE, like the state of NM, or small rural towns.

Tesla has an plan for that that they are currently carrying out. Trust me, Elon didn't go from hating stealerships in 2013 to thinking they are an integral part of Tesla service. Tesla is expanding its service centers and numbers of mobile service technicians to deal with growing production/sales. They don't want to tell their customers to go to a traditional stealership so they can be ripped off.

We've had two Model 3's, one for over a year and the other closer to two years. Neither one has needed to visit a service center. Neither one has needed a mobile service tech. The Model 3 needs less service than the Model S and the Model S needs less service than Tesla's first car. Future Teslas will need even less. The idea is that you don't have to go to the service center four times every year. There is a lot of FUD on this point and it's based upon the fact that people are accustomed to having to go to service centers on a very regular basis.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Tesla's don't need *any* service, I'm saying they don't need a Tesla Service Center in every small town across America or the world! Tesla does not need Ford's crappy Service Network.

I've had piss-poor service experiences at 4 of the 5 Ford service centers I have first-hand experience with. Two of them couldn't even put the right amount of oil in their own engine during routine servicings. I even warned the second Ford service center in *advance* telling them I didn't want to have to come back to have them siphon out a full quart as I did at the other Ford service center! The service advisor assured me his techs knew how to perform an oil change. I again asked him one more time to let the service tech know my F-150 had the 4.6L V8, not the 5.4L and to make sure they didn't add too much oil and he ignored me. As I was leaving the dealership the engine was making the tell-tale gurgling noise, I pulled over and checked the dipstick and, sure enough, they had over-filled by a full quart.

Tesla doesn't need Ford to excel at after sales care. They are just experiencing the pain of growing 30% per year while growing their service network.

This Ford presentation simply shows how much Elon Musk changed cars and how we interact with them.

Yeah it's like watching a presentation from 2012. Taking jabs on the competition that literally defined almost everything you are presenting today is cringe worthy and a massive turn off. The chat has spoken and they are all in a cringe.

Pretty sure there will be no partnership.
They've already made couple of negative comments without naming Tesla.
1. Technology should serve people, not the other way around (pretty obvious -about AP/FSD)
2. We've listened unlike others and added screen in the front so you don't have to get distracted.

Hyping up the great inventions they've come up with without mentioning this wheel was already invented before them.

Innovative trunk in front of the vehicle...Innovative? Really?

Last edited: