Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick note, the reactions on Tik Tok (social media platform for gen Z) are far more positive than I expected. Kids are loving the truck.

I must be a kid then.

I can't remember wanting something so badly! Dang! Rust proof exoskeleton? Roomy inside? Corners like it's on rails? Drives over large curbs? I want!

I'll be parking this one in the tightest parking spaces available and not worrying about door dings.

Can't tell if you're completely clueless or just trolling? Elon told us it was going to be a polarizing design and people may not like it, how did you get "tesla was going for a 500k+ a year model" from that? Seriously?

Elon told us they were going to "pull this stunt". How could you be surprised?

The issue is why introduce a controversial design,
Why attract controversy.
This appears a vainglorious exercise about his aesthetics.
Why even introduce something 2 years away.

Can't tell if you're completely clueless or just trolling? Elon told us it was going to be a polarizing design and people may not like it, how did you get "tesla was going for a 500k+ a year model" from that? Seriously?

Elon told us they were going to "pull this stunt". How could you be surprised?

Futuristic, blade runner, cyberpunk doesn't have to mean butt ugly. You tell me when Elon said it would be butt ugly and be the laughing stock of the internet the day after the reveal.

All of us on here are die-hard fans. We are also investors. We are naturally going to try VERY hard to like this truck and/or see it in the best light. But, among the rest of the world, I have not seen even ONE person that liked this truck. Heck, I haven't found many people not making fun of it. Let's hope Tesla can sell 50k per year to us investors/mega-fans.

Just added another 100 at $334! This is fun> :cool:

I just placed my first _ever_ options order and now I am wondering what can of worms I have opened up...

It's just a small bet on Tesla getting into S & P 500 following Q1 - after a partly scientific analysis I settled on calls with a strike price of 420$.

Fun secured!

The truck fiasco is like the 3 vs. Y thing. The Y should sell in larger quantities since SUV/crossovers sell more than sedan everywhere. So why bring out the model 3 first? Bring out the Y first and reap the rewards in sales.

In this case the truck will be a huge fiasco, not at all unlike the broken glass. First they should have brought out something practical and Tesla, rather than going whole hog on being "different" and creating a vehicle they will be lucky to sell 100,000 of total only to bring out a more conventional vehicle that people will be willing to buy and drive. Even then the conventional truck will likely be very conventional since Tesla won't have the freedom to experiment with the truck anymore. Fail at this twice and you would be toast.

This is exactly why the other automakers will do well once they start bringing out their EVs. They know how to sell cars to people. They know what people want. The truck clearly shows that Musk doesn't.
You'll probably collect a lot of undeserved disagrees. That is hilarious, keep it up. My morning just keeps getting better.

/me goes back and looks at the cYbRTrUcK on my page.

• Love
Reactions: madodel
The truck fiasco is like the 3 vs. Y thing. The Y should sell in larger quantities since SUV/crossovers sell more than sedan everywhere. So why bring out the model 3 first? Bring out the Y first and reap the rewards in sales.

In this case the truck will be a huge fiasco, not at all unlike the broken glass. First they should have brought out something practical and Tesla, rather than going whole hog on being "different" and creating a vehicle they will be lucky to sell 100,000 of total only to bring out a more conventional vehicle that people will be willing to buy and drive. Even then the conventional truck will likely be very conventional since Tesla won't have the freedom to experiment with the truck anymore. Fail at this twice and you would be toast.

This is exactly why the other automakers will do well once they start bringing out their EVs. They know how to sell cars to people. They know what people want. The truck clearly shows that Musk doesn't.
tslaq boy?

Futuristic, blade runner, cyberpunk doesn't have to mean butt ugly. You tell me when Elon said it would be butt ugly and be the laughing stock of the internet the day after the reveal.

All of us on here are die-hard fans. We are also investors. We are naturally going to try VERY hard to like this truck and/or see it in the best light. But, among the rest of the world, I have not seen even ONE person that liked this truck. Heck, I haven't found many people not making fun of it. Let's hope Tesla can sell 50k per year to us investors/mega-fans.

Oh, gawd. It's like the engineering of this truck went right over your head.

As I've said previously, the worldwide pickup market is so huge, Tesla won't even be able to fill 10% of it for years to come!

they will sell easily more than 50k a year. Plenty of people like it, overall normal people I know it’s a 3-1 dislike to like ratio.

Also there is a big difference between polarizing and laughing stock of the internet which is what the truck is right now.

Twitter

You tell me when Elon said it would be butt ugly and be the laughing stock of the internet the day after the reveal.
He said unconventional and might not be popular. No matter what the reason the end result was clearly laid out, people may not like it. You should not be surprised that people may not like it. I think enough people will like it that they'll sell all they can make as fast as they can make them, and that's all that matters.

How long before Tesla can put out a video of Franz redoing the Glass bit and the Glass doesn't crack?

I'm glad someone understands Musk's strategy!

The beauty here is this is the gift that just keep on giving. As Cybertruck details leak out over the next year or two, well, let's just say the PR potential here is enormous!