Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Karen, let me belatedly thank you profusely for this accurate blow-by-blow reference. Makes all these highly relevant facts so much easier to find for posterity (almost wrote prosperity ;):rolleyes:).

The reason for being late is partly my missing the actual release, and partly wishing to avoid any spoilers before watching the whole feature-plus length documentary in between making dinner and stuff.

It is supremely impressive that you even caught most of those by now pretty arcane names enough to spell them -- I know from hard earned experience that this is among the hardest parts of transcription. Big kudos.

It is getting increasingly hard to resist a fool's explanation that you may in fact be an alien AI. :p But I try.

So, now that SP is a good 547 at close of day, THANK YOU again! :D (Remember to feed the birds.)

No she blew it.

Totally glossed over their in depth discussion on Jack In The Box fine cuisine! ;)

I don’t think it’s about making money/investing anymore for him. It’s all ego, pure emotion and need to be proven right even if it kills you. He will keep shorting and re-shorting it until the day he can say “he was right” or he is completely bankrupt. Whichever comes first. (And we know which one that will be ):cool:

He is clearly not behaving in fiduciary interests for his fund’s clients, so how he still has any is a mystery to me.
What he posts on twitter maybe in his delusional mind. Any proof he has done any of these financial moves. Would love to see list of his investors. They may include tiger, eyore and Christopher Robyn

Does anyone give a FF what he thinks any more?

The TSLA run doesn't have to go much further before it has made me a multi-millionaire, so I feel like I am bonding with Einhorn now, seeing him as my equal.

Granted, Einhorn became a TSLA multi-millionaire starting from being a billionaire, but still. :)

EU deliveries pushed back to March now. Has anyone in EU been able to confirm this, and has this been discussed?

View attachment 502902

Something is afoot.

Yep. And yes I know we have a ton of I told you so’s coming our way. A couple things changed our mind on getting the leaf although it would have been a nice fit for us.

1. Our Nissan sales guy (good guy, keen on electric and knows his stuff) informed us that our leaf would not be available in time for our schedule. Long story short it would probably be closer to mid summer before it got here. Every Eplus Leaf is spoken for essentially till years end. We probably could have started a nation wide search but there were some extenuating circumstances like incentives etc. We were looking it though.

2. This is essentially going to be my wife’s daily driver and our road trip car. She liked the leaf and the model 3 and didn’t have the exit/entry issues I have with the model 3. Then the Nissan CEO came out a couple weeks ago and implied that Nissan would be leaning towards hybrids in the future as women were just too stupid and feeble to operate the charge stations. My wife is a retired career soldier technician (who is kinda handy in.a bar fight). How do you think that went.

We expect to order the model 3 as soon as we are back in the country in beginning of March.

Bring on the “I told you so’s”. I can take it.

Glad to have you on board.

This is what scares me a bit. Everyone is super bullish on TSLA now, and it never was THAT bullish before.
maybe I just got too used to the prevalence of vivid bearish sentiment so this bullish excitement feels weirdly unnatural.

I can only explain the lack of aggressive bear attacks by the fact that most prominent shortzes are burned to oblivion now and simply don't have money to demonstrate any serious resistance.

anyway, I was targeting 470 as exit point and we passed it so swiftly I didn't even had time to react :)

in other words - before 470 I was sort of "Bullish AF", and now I stopped worrying and caught marvellous peaceful zen of watching sp approach the moon.

I would caution you against interpreting the bullish sentiment on this board as broader bullish sentiment for TSLA. People I talk to still view investing in Tesla to be very risky (though some are less bearish than they used to be, which is noteworthy). We're still in early days in my opinion. I don't think views will change broadly until the stock is trading at $1,000-$2,000 a share and people are kicking themselves for not getting in earlier.

I would caution you against interpreting the bullish sentiment on this board as broader bullish sentiment for TSLA. People I talk to still view investing in Tesla to be very risky (though some are less bearish than they used to be, which is noteworthy). We're still in early days in my opinion. I don't think views will change broadly until the stock is trading at $1,000-$2,000 a share and people are kicking themselves for not getting in earlier.

The broader sentiment for TSLA (from the only people that matter) is VERY bullish.

How do I know this? The only people that matter are those who put their money where their mouth is. Therefore the share price confirms the broader sentiment is bullish.

Of course, investing in TSLA is still viewed as being risky AF. This is a good thing. I've never made a killing on a stock that wasn't viewed as being risky AF.:cool:

Something is afoot.

Glad to have you on board.

I know a few people that are kicking themelves they did not get in before $420. Whenever they asked me what I thought about stock price dropping from the 3xx to the 2xx I told them, accumualte and take advantage of shorter funded discounted shares. Then we hit $540 and they ask me only 3 letters :)

Last edited:
I can go ahead and guarantee an ATH today.

Mark B. Spiegel on Twitter

Mark B. Spiegel sez:

My theory re $TSLA is that today is "a trading sardine echo bubble," which all bubbles have. If it takes out last week's high I'll be wrong and it will be "a resumption of the bubble." I upsized at $539 with a stop at the ATH. This is not a legitimate business/company/CEO.

You win!