Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sold off the last of my calls this morning at profits ranging from 200% to 1000%. I don't have the stomach to hang on to them any longer. Still have my long shares and trading shares to play with if needed. I don't need the cash and don't have any obvious places to invest proceeds so it's not likely I'm going to sell any.

I'm still in calls, but I'm reducing my exposure; I rolled calls only at 1:1 today (no new calls with the profit), and I'm converting pure calls to spreads on a cash-neutral basis. Right now the profit is mostly still in cash, burning a hole in my trading account. Need to do something about that.... (e.g. mostly back to shares)

Adam Jonas/Morgan Stanley is on CNBC right now. "We're just trying to connect the dots here folks". Discussing autonomy.

That should be comedy gold.

It isn't complicated. Tesla has a clear path to 20M cars sold per year in 10 years. The key is that they are going to start making their own battery cells. Just as with battery packs, Tesla will be able to be the low cost leader when it comes to cells through their Maxwell and Hibar acquisitions (and others in the future since the rest of the industry seems stuck in neutral while Tesla snaps up these strategic companies, denying the rest of the industry their expertise).

It's wild that the established companies like Toyota are betting on moonshots like solid state cells while Tesla is doing the hard work of engineering the $^*$% out of current technology to make them cheaper. Funny that Tesla takes the low risk path while Toyota is acting like a gambling addict in Vegas.

The stock is still a bargain (long term!).

Adam Jonas giving NYE advice to Elon not to give up?! Does he not know anything about the guy? like he needed Adam's advice. Maybe he thinks he spurred Elon to continue on and hang in there.

Breaking News for CNBC -- Record High for NASDQ - Tesla Shares Surger Higher.

Adam just talked about his Starlink question...still doesn't think it's crazy. He did acknowledge that people were laughing at him.

Finished up the interview with Adam saying that it's the end of the ICE age!!!!

How are you doing this? By selling shares or just somehow monetizing your portfolio?

Why not keep them for the ride to $7k to $15k?
If I could afford to live without selling a few shares along the way I would, but unfortunately not all of us are rich. Don't worry, I still have quite a pile of TSLA and things are looking good this year!

Last edited:
When VW was in the squeeze, did people _know_ it was a squeeze or think it was a case of valuation becoming what bulls though was right? VW was a unique situation in regards to shorting and float available. TSLA doesn't have that, so I'd think this is likely to stick, though some squeezing effect would seem a likely component in this rise and thus some drop at some point would be likely, though god knows at what price and timeline.

This reminds me, wouldn't a Tesla EV tank be cool and rather profitable? For homeland defense and international peace purposes, of course:

tesla-cybertruck-as-a-tank-photoshopped-cannon.jpg

There's quite a few interesting designs of armament that could make good use of a large reservoir of electricity as well.

A kinetic magnetic coil gun with supercaps, with stealth 120 mm rounds?
You know their plan is to use StarLink to do global home planet defense. I mean, against aliens. He is Elon Musk, he thinks big.

• Funny
Reactions: wipster