Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't matter whether it does or doesn't. Daily short selling manipulation by hedge funds/MM's usually eclipses the paltry 3 million shares that were offered. Non-issue. Literally just forget about it
Indeed, yesterday FINRA reported 7.58M shares sold short of 12.56M total (60.40%), and FINRA itself only covered 50.0% of total NASDAQ volume.

Short selling (and MM's manipulation) continues unabated.

Cheers!

OT:

#changingchina

A friend in China is predicting a baby boom in China this November.

There are a lot of people stuck at home with little to do.

#newcustomers

82BCE915-B8FD-4326-A0FD-4C90CE345C74.jpeg

For options expiring this Friday Max Pain is currently 740$, 34$ below today's close. I will not be trading, but could well imagine that on Friday we end up closer to Max Pain than we are now.

Next week may see another attempt to drive down the SP, since Max Pain is at only 595$ - I guess this reflects the low expectations of the SP when these contracts were sold. Also, there is almost 69k put contracts at 100$, with 2nd, 3rd and 4th largest put contract strike prices also below 200$, so major losses expected for Tesla-anti investors.

Based on Max Pain of next week, I would expect end of next week to be more likely to offer a dip than this week.

Since Feb. 11 Max Pain for tomorrow has gone up from 595$ to now 800$,
Opricot Open Interest|Volume|Max Pain

Dave talks here (right at the end) about the importance of being a lonely investor - doing your own homework. His final parting shot however is that maybe investors can work together and do well - TMC being the model he has in mind presumably.

I completely agree. Coming from an Engineering background, I knew Tesla would succeed. I trust my judgement in others (TMC experts) and that has given me the confidence to be all in on TSLA high risk strategies. Pre TMC I was probably only 20% TSLA (some would say a balanced portfolio... AMZN, AAPL, ILMN etc.)

I hope this group stays together here or somewhere else in the future. I won't have the same instinct about buying BYND etc. in the future but I trust Factchecking etc. enough to risk 10% of my portfolio. I will do my own napkin maths and a bit of research but I know my limitations.

That's right - I intend to hone my instinct and laziness.
BjrWmB6.png

Since Feb. 11 Max Pain for tomorrow has gone up from 595$ to now 800$,
Opricot Open Interest|Volume|Max Pain
Sounds like it might close in on the stock a bit more till tomorrow and MMs could reach a comfortable level with medium delta hedging and a bit of naked shorting.
So the typical "buy options with a slight IV discount on friday before close and expect a bit of buyers exuberance next week" might just as well work again.

Since it’s AH, how comfortable are people with submitting trades on their phones? I see lots of screenshots of apps, but can’t quite bring myself to submit thousands of dollars of trades on my phone over a WiFi connection.

It's encrypted. Doesn't matter whether it's over wifi or not. Someone stealing or compromising your phone is the greater concern. But the same applies to your desktop.

"Enabling the future of electric cars" is overstating the case, but I certainly hope they prove economical, as they have the potential for lithium recovery from much lower concentration resources... including seawater. Which is currently much more expensive than land-based resources.

For now, I'm betting on lithium clays being the "next big thing". Although even that requires sufficient price support.

AI is always alert. That's one of the biggest benefits.

Muscle memory, doesn't mean you are not alert. While we drive a well driven path by memory, subconsciously, instinct or intitution - we would still be aware of whats happening in real time.

AI is always alert, but does it have to always have to process the whole dataset or in AI terms always use a NN that is set up for all use cases and scenarios?

I was pissed with all these options that recently opened above 1200$ thinking that it gave MM the ability to sell calls and make up for any existing losses and use their stock which they acquired by closing their short positions.

But with delta hedging, is it now like the "tail wagging the dog"? The more options get bought, the more MM buy stocks :) If so I think we need to continue buying based on @anthonyj's recommended strikes :)

last time I sold some at 925 and bought back at 760. I am not sure what to do this time. I got burn on my first calls ever last week so I am looking for some redemption.

Yeah, I did the same. The rise on Monday was totally according to plan, the rise yesterday caught everyone by surprise.

Will depend what the MM's decide to to now. As the shares are now sold and Stan Laurel, sorry, Morgan, has pumped the stock for a quick profit, they might dump some of that stock.

Depending on the movements I might buy back the $875 call, looking at Max Pain I think MM's might pin it to $900, then I'd probably rather keep hold of my shares. For the ones I sold, I will sell a put until they get rebought - want ti be in equity for the end of quarter as I'm expecting result to be decent. Or maybe 100 shares and a couple of LEAPS. Don't know!

Yes the brokerages got there options and are going to sell those shares and stop supporting the price of tsla. This will create downward pressure today. Totally predictable. However there are now competing forces such as margin calls and that the higher volumes in tsla these days will mitigate somewhat. But all this was predictable. History repeats itself

see post 140010 in this thread on last tuesday