Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How old are you? Note that you need to be 59 1/2 yrs old or older to be able to pull out of your roth without having to pay taxes.

EDIT: There is a stipulation that if the money is used for college education or for your first house, you can pull out of your roth without any tax implications. Hmmm you stated you plan on living out of your cybertruck.. not sure if that qualifies but if it does, please let us know; that would be pretty cool!
I am 64. I just never tried to gather any wealth. I read Thoreau before falling asleep in a puddle of my own saliva in college. I think I got more of Thoreau through osmosis than actually reading. But it stuck. From then on my time meant more than money. If my job didn't do a ROTH and matching I'd not have much.
And I guess someone else will have to answer that question about the ROTH being cool to buy a Tesla if you live in it......

I am 64. I just never tried to gather any wealth. I read Thoreau before falling asleep in a puddle of my own saliva in college. I think I got more of Thoreau through osmosis than actually reading. But it stuck. From then on my time meant more than money. If my job didn't do a ROTH and matching I'd not have much.
And I guess someone else will have to answer that question about the ROTH being cool to buy a Tesla if you live in it......
You are 64, and if all you have is this Roth account, probably you should keep the money for your retirement instead of the Cyber truck.

I'm not sure if you meant that literally but, if so, it's a good insight.

The Wall Street crowd doesn't do much driving. Maybe a weekend jaunt to Long Island, etc. They really aren't, for the most part, car guys. It's not surprising they don't understand how revolutionary Tesla is vs. many of us who do everything by car.

Is that what you meant when you said "the market....doesn't drive to work and back"? o_O
It’s both literal and figurative. That’s probably why Uber gets a thumbs up as does Netflix both can be used while being ferried in to Wall Street to make boat loads of money just by writing some headlines on their phone. Just need to charge that pesky phone at the nearest gas station (sounds so stupid as does driving a car to a place regularly in order to drive it more)...

For those here who experienced issues today with Fidelity, just saw this:

Fidelity customers freaked out Wednesday when a tech glitch caused their 401k balances to drop to 0 - MarketWatch

and do we know the explanation for this sharp drop that people here reported seeing on different sites?

AAF00745-3A71-4618-B7F8-323A21024AF9.png

So, noticing the store is consistently out of things like

The J1772 adapter
The 14-50 adapter
The Chademo adapter

Etc

I never paid attention before but now that we are in the order mode just wondering how common this is. We are on the “email when it’s in” list but it’s been awhile. Is there a standard wait or unpredictable?

Thanks.

You are 64, and if all you have is this Roth account, probably you should keep the money for your retirement instead of the Cyber truck.
I own my home, and have never lived beyond my means. My Social Security check has more money in it than I need. ALL my relatives are well-off, so they don't need my help.
And some crazy broad wanted to marry me, and she makes twice what I ever made. I keep her money separate.

So, noticing the store is consistently out of things like

The J1772 adapter
The 14-50 adapter
The Chademo adapter

Etc

I never paid attention before but now that we are in the order mode just wondering how common this is. We are on the “email when it’s in” list but it’s been awhile. Is there a standard wait or unpredictable?

Thanks.

It's very common sadly. Since day 1, Tesla has never been able to keep appropriate inventory on anything in their store. If you need one of those things now, you can call your local service center and see if they have it in stock. Back orders on the store are usually cleared within weeks.

Nor did they say a more accurate "only if they are able to scale production at an unprecedented 79% CAGR".
On page 20 they wrote: "ARK’s thesis for the evolution of the market differs dramatically. Based on Wright’s Law, we forecast EV sales will be 37 million units, six-times higher than the forecasting agencies’ consensus estimate for 2024." No caveat at all here.

Two points here:

1) You are taking what is basically a PowerPoint presentation and treating it as if it's a research paper. It's not, it's based upon deep research but the paper is merely a presentation. ARK doesn't repeat the disclaimer every time they mention the 37 million estimate. I don't have a problem with that.
2) You are the one claiming their estimate is unrealistic but I don't see what you are supporting that with (other than it just sounds unrealistic). I haven't done the research (and I suspect you haven't either).

Re: point #2; If traditional ICE manufacturers decide they must switch to EV ASAP, it's not the same as a small company ramping to a large company, it's switching from one product (ICE) to another (EV). So I'm not sure your criticism that it's too fast is warranted. My problem with the 37 million projection isn't whether they could do it that quickly, it's whether they would do it that quickly. Because they have five years to do it. Cathie Wood can't make them start on that path, she can only project what demand will be and how many they could make if they actually started now in earnest. It's out of her control and, as I pointed out earlier, the slower they ramp, the bigger the opportunity for Tesla (with less competition for raw materials and customers).

ARK's thesis is NOT that ICE manufacturers will do really well, it's that even if they DO outperform, all Tesla needs is 17% of the market to hit their projections. I think that's what you're missing. ARK needed to say this because the vocal bears have gained a lot of traction in certain circles with the theory that the "Tesla killers" are coming, LOOK OUT! This is how they address that.

In the end, this is about valuing Tesla, not the rest of the industry. Let's give it five years (end of 2024) and see how it plays out!

As humans, as we get familiar with our home/work routes we drive based on muscle memory. (sometimes it's like how did I even drive home)
Go to unfamiliar neighbourhood, state - then we tend to be more alert. Something in us causes this ...

If AI is to replicate humans behavior, then it would be wise to do something like this ... cheers!!
AI is always alert. That's one of the biggest benefits.

After-action Report: Wed Feb 19, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

VWAP: $921.71
Volume: 25,443,100
Traded:
$23,451,229,474.58 ($23.45B)

Closing SP / VWAP: 99.52%
(TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP)​

Comment: "Overnight rally extended AM; bursts of short selling PM."

View attachment 512959

New Intraday Records:

Highest Open: $923.50
Highest Low: $901.02
Highest Close: $917.42

2nd Highest High SP: $944.78
Day Rank by Volume: 5th
Day Rank by Sales*: 18th
* (Shares x Close SP)
How does (highest close) x (5th highest volume) = (only 18th highest sales)?

Is there a mistake there or am I missing something?

How old are you? Note that you need to be 59 1/2 yrs old or older to be able to pull out of your roth without having to pay taxes.

EDIT: There is a stipulation that if the money is used for college education or for your first house, you can pull out of your roth without any tax implications. Hmmm you stated you plan on living out of your cybertruck.. not sure if that qualifies but if it does, please let us know; that would be pretty cool!
Well I'm pretty certain a Cybertruck will definitely provide an education! Don't know if the IRS will see it that way though...