Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meanwhile over in $TSLAQ world preparations are being made to send Cathy Woods to jail for supposedly her ‘pump and dump’ strategy.
TeslaCharts on Twitter

Attachments

• FA7628FA-47DC-4E34-B8A0-5145D7790AAC.png
    FA7628FA-47DC-4E34-B8A0-5145D7790AAC.png
    444.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 4CDA8BF3-20AA-46D9-9F41-D1154F158899.png
    4CDA8BF3-20AA-46D9-9F41-D1154F158899.png
    555.3 KB · Views: 78
Yes but we are a stock forum no? You should go to wallstreetbet subreddit and look at their terminology for "autists". They don't take themselves very seriously hence my post shouldn't be taken seriously either.

Whenever I want a break from this forum (which isn’t often lately), I like checking out wallstreetbets. Some hilarious posts over there.

Whether or not there is a shortage (ok probably there is), if enough major manufacturers can't get batteries to sell cars, they could go to the EU and ask for reduced penalties claiming it was out of their control to do anything to meet the demand.

They could. Whether or not that works remains to be seen. Do not see why they could not be challenged for their inability to engage in basic logistics and supply and demand on something they were supposed to have been ramping up for the past ten years according to their own press releases. We shall see.

Q1 F'20 is going to be a bloodbath for OEM. Tesla will be dragged down initially until MM realize that Tesla is a different breed of auto manufacturer...and they also sell batteries? Really. The discrepancy will become crystal clear by end of Q1 or end of Q2 a the latest.

Markets and stocks are at a top and a sell off is likely. That old maxim "sell in May and go away" may very well apply in 2020, however there is so much good news coming for Tesla for the remainder of the year, I'm not sitting this summer out. TSLA may be one of the few safe havens beyond gold, silver and cash.

AAPL is 8.25X TSLA. My thinking is that if Apple ceases to exist tomorrow there will be little to no effect, so what if one needs to use a Samsung or LG or even a Blackberry (still have mine). If Tesla ceases to exist tomorrow, all the OEM will immediately scrap all their EVs claiming nobody wants them, and battery, energy storage and solar technology, sustainable transportation and self driving would be set back by twenty or more years, resulting in more than hundreds if not hundreds of millions of premature or outright deaths and effectively ensuring our extinction on this third rock from the sun. Is Tesla overvalued? My thinking is TSLA should be 8.25X AAPL.

My wife
and I have not told anyone that we have TSLA. I talk to my friends and family all the time about Tesla, but never TSLA, as I want to keep my friends and family relationships. This is our little secret and it serves us well.

Acronym alert: X means times

I like the way you think.

Reactions: SpaceCash
Meanwhile over in $TSLAQ world preparations are being made to send Cathy Woods to jail for supposedly her ‘pump and dump’ strategy.
TeslaCharts on Twitter
Pfft, up 60X in her personal acct... even the DAWGZ around this here watrin' hole are up 100X. :p

And don't even start about the CATZ... :rolleyes:

rich-cat

Cheers!

“It ain’t what you know that’ll get you into trouble. It’s what you’re sure of and just ain’t so.”
Mark Twain ( I think)

“It ain’t so much the things we DON'T know that get us into trouble. It’s the things we know that ain’t so.”

-- Artemus Ward, June 1964, quoted in the “Boston Traveler”​

Cheers!

TeslaCharts on Twitter

Ehm.... I think they lost themselves their court case with that piece of evidence from the tweet. Looks to me like most of ARK's shares were sold right before she went on CNBC, not after.

The popular new "Tesmanian" blog is the source of certain recent rumors regarding LiFePO4 batteries sourced via CATL in China. In a recent blog post, Tesmanian walks back some of these early claims as unsupported:

Tesla Battery Day May Introduce Next-Gen Cobalt Free Non-LFP Cell Hints China | Tesmanian

"Many have speculated and made theories about Tesla’s strategy for its China-made Model 3 SR+ based on the assumption that the EV automaker was planning to use CATL’s prismatic LFP cells. However, these speculations might have been wrong, if Tesla China's recent social media response is accurate."​

Importantly, this blog post presents new information posted recently on Social Media by Tesla China which refutes some of the assumptions about the use of LiFePO4 batteries for MIC Model 3:

Tesla-Battery-Day-Cobalt-Free-nonLFP_1000x.JPG

Recall, Elon made these brief comments about CATL bty modules for MIC Model 3 during his Jan 4, 2020 interview with 'Third Row Podcast' (Director's Cut via YouTube).

I recommend caution until we know more about Tesla's plans, after 'Battery Day'.

Cheers!

Last edited: