Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gathered you didn’t likely read the article from your comment. FWIW Long term shareholder here and bought significantly below current price. Don’t plan on selling during this downturn or any time in near future and believe Tesla will weather this just fine down the road so don’t know where your comments are coming from. Seeing boogey men around every corner calling out me, TMC members, Woods? Geez.
You are reading a whole lot into what I said that simply was not there. Notice how I haven't commented on recent posts about people losing conviction and selling $TSLA? So I'm really wondering if it is my post you are responding to?

Because apparently what I wrote wasn't clear enough: the article lead with a line about "shareholders" that I pointed out needed to be "some shareholders" because not all shareholders are party to the lawsuit. I then went through an enumerated by class and name some shareholders as an example of not being party to that lawsuit. If you think Woods is party to the lawsuit you are crazy. If you think I was saying that she was you should read what I wrote again.

I'm still baffled at how TSLA can lag the indices by almost 10% on the same day that they release a new model vehicle almost 9 MONTHS ahead of schedule. Market never ceases to amaze me.

It’s the oil war. Hidden amidst the chaos of Corona is a coordinated assault on renewables/Tesla. The whole sector is lagging, and IMHO will continue to do so until oil prices go back up (which might be after the bankruptcy of American oil).

Greetings to all, new in this thread.

Sodium difluorophosphate is the cobalt free chemistry that Tesla will likely produce themselves using a NMC811 cathode...

As has been pointed out several times, NMC811 is *not* cobalt free since it has 10% cobalt. Which suggests that either the reports of Tesla buying NMC811 from LG Chem are false, or that the zero cobalt next gen battery Elon promised will come later.

If they are true, Tesla must have a compelling reason to INCREASE Cobalt use from 3% in their current NCA chemistry to 10%. This reason can only be increased longevity and deep cycling (million-mile-battery MMB), which is precisely what the additive you mention allows. Which means that LG is applying the secret sauce and that long range variants of MIC Tesla cars will have MMB’s this year. Standard range too BTW : well thermally managed LFP batteries can do 4000 100% DOD cycles easily, up to 7000 according to wikipedia :)

how and why is that legal at any time?
The rules that allows them to short an indefinite number of "air-shares" exist. It is "legal". It's using these rules for the purpose of manipulation that is illegal. Doesn't matter. SEC is a captured agency. From where I stand, there is very little chance of anything being done about it until the general public is aware and understands the outrageousness and over-the-top criminality of this practice.

Coronavirus delays Elon Musk's $2B Tesla/SolarCity trial

By the way, the following, ironically, pisses me and I bet a lot of us off:

""That works against them in depositions and is even worse in court. It tends to piss off a judge," said Fisch."

Uh, judges shouldn't make decisions based on emotion and social gesturing and chest-puffing.

DAF_Q? Come on. :rolleyes:

Think the other way, the only stock worth buying today is tsla.

Shorties are in full force it seems. They have been hoping for a major macro event to help them and they got it, they just wished it happened a bit earlier before tesla zoomed. They may be trying to recoup some of their losses but I guess they will get burned again. I am hoping that Tesla is going to surprise everyone with an upswing March in China.

Last edited:
Exactly because they hold the Senate it is an issue what the GOP wants. Both Pelosi and Mnuchin want a deal fast and not just posturing. so the House wants to vote on a bill that will pass in the Senate. Cheers.

Trump and the GOP wants and needs a deal fast - a deteriorating economy will be blamed on the ruling party.

Pelosi and the Democrats will only agree to a deal that is on their terms.

It’s the oil war. Hidden amidst the chaos of Corona is a coordinated assault on renewables/Tesla. The whole sector is lagging, and IMHO will continue to do so until oil prices go back up (which might be after the bankruptcy of American oil).
I wouldn't say it's coordinated as much as it is an outdated belief. These traders see oil and gas absurdly low and their algorithm immediately dumps renewables/EVs. You can see that as a bad thing if you like, but knowing that's false creates a massive advantage to you the knowledgeable Tesla fanboi!

It's the end of the world and TSLA is at $525. Tell your 3 months ago self that and get back to me!

I have decided that doubling down is the way to go on TSLA.
With that in mind, I just sold 1/3 of my Apple shares to free up some dry powder. I will likely sell off more after the 'Orange one' starts speaking. Although I missed the high on AAPL, it is about double of my cost basis to its all good.

I have a limit order on TSLA now that has not triggered yet. May have to update it depending on what happens after the Orange one has started speaking. So far, whenever he opens his mouth the stock market tanks.

Anyone writing puts in lieu of holding shares?
I took the @neroden path and sold a $450 Jan 2022 put under the assumption that if it executed(in any scenario) I'd be overjoyed. Net of premium I'd be paying $368 and can confirm I would be overjoyed if that happens.

Would I be happier with whatever today's premium might be, sure. But I'm still happy. If I were sitting on cash I think I'd so the same today rather than buy @ $525. It still hurts my brain to think of $525 vs. $17.