Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If history repeats, the macros could drop back down as fast as they rose today.

On my inflation concern... isn't lowering interest rates the ONLY way the Fed controls inflation?
Oh well... that powder is spent for the next 5-10 years.

Inflation only happens when demand far outstrip supply. The last decade thanks to globalization and automation there's an abundance of goods to keep up with demand therefore we hardly saw inflation with such low interest rates. Currently we will be in a situation of low demand and high supply so inflation risk is definitely not a concern right now.

I keep thinking inflation will follow. Thought it would be from trade wars, but when stuff stops moving and people are sitting on cash, prices rise as we've seen on corona related items. But I think it will expand to many other products soon. My dad always said "During inflation, it's good to be in debt." Anyone think this event is about to happen large scale? (Not just in taxes.)

There are 2 forces opposing each other right now and in the next 6 months....FED action is inflationary as money supply expands...stock mkt going down, house prices going down , people reducing debt is deflationary.

Money is debt and debt/credit is money.

During inflationary times assets expand and prices go up beyond the cost of borrowing hence you want to be in risk on trades.

We are in deflationary times right now...when the stock mkt plunges 10-15%, we prob wipe out 10-20T in mkt cap/wealth, this overwhelms the piddly 1.5T water gun the Fed's are sporting from a deflation/inflation standpoint.

2 datums... mine is being installed right now along with new tires and glass. (I haven't had an update for about a month thinking that's why.) No changes in Tempe Az and still busy as heck. Their Model S loaner is scary tho. No autopilot and performance on chill is very boring. I hate steering (but smooth ride I liked). Too many screens everywhere! I want my Model 3 back!!!
anyone driving an ICE would love to have that old school model S o_O

I read Musks email to Tesla employees. I actually find it is super reasonable.

Alameda county has said they can remain open as they are essential. Musk said if you want to come to work you can, but if you are uncomfortable you can stay home. Then goes to say if you are worried or stressed in anyway he would rather you stay home then come to work.

This sounds super reasonable and level headed to me?
It was a good email. Best part is he said he’d be at work. If that doesn’t motivate you to show up then idk what will. It’s important to remember how many people will lose their job due to this economic melt down. It’s a blessing to have a job in times like this and to have the opportunity to continue to make a living.

UAW calls for two-week shutdown of Big 3 auto plants

So I expect Tesla will drop. :rolleyes:o_O
It was a good email. Best part is he said he’d be at work. If that doesn’t motivate you to show up then idk what will. It’s important to remember how many people will lose their job due to this economic melt down. It’s a blessing to have a job in times like this and to have the opportunity to continue to make a living.
I think that's excellent. They have a choice, some will stay home which minimizes the spread. The others get to pay their bills.

A small but I believe important data point. Tesla delivers vehicles in Germany now also Saturdays.

Many are waiting. Given the panic some people have, although its a hands free delivery where you don't get in touch with any personal, postponed their pickup but many want their car. Service is good and easy from what I heard.

As vehicle registration points are partly closed there is in some cities the option to do that online and get all paper by mail. I don't believe thats everywhere a possibility and may hinders some deliveries.

We will see higher Q1 inventory but not anywhere near as bad as some people anticipate.

Seriously? Not a single person here said preparations or precautions or following CDC instructions is an example of panic.

You’re the one interpreting wrongly because you’ve been fearful for weeks now.

Store shelves are bare all over the world — that’s panic.

People are stealing bloody toilet paper out of shopping carts that other people have already purchased — that’s panic.

People flooding ERs because they won’t follow simple instructions provided — that’s panic.

Thinking that this virus is suddenly the one to end the world — that’s panic.

Conveniently forgetting that disease always hits susceptible segments of the population — yup, panic.

Conveniently forgetting we’ve been short medical supplies and staff multiple times in our history and still managed to survive, nay, thrive — panic.

Posting fear mongering statements on the Internet — panic.

Making smug statements like your last — panic induced.

The list is endless. I understand you don’t realize how you come across because you are full of fear. And I understand you think I’m not fearful enough and have likely assumed I’m holding a banjo party for 600 of my closest friends later tonight.

Here’s what I’ve learned in my life up to this point; it is a waste to worry and fear those things that I have no control over. And so I tell the fear to go sit down while I live life and deal with that which I can control. Like my renovations are now postponed in the middle of them leaving my home a disaster area, and my vacation will likely be cancelled by the airline, resort and travel agent — will I see those moneys ever again?, and more importantly there are no fresh fruits, vegetables, milk, bread or other staples of life currently available in my area so I’ve got to meal plan more prudently and make sure not a speck of food goes to waste. I’ve also got friends here who are short staples, so I’ve already been deciding what I will give them if they run out.

I talk to my mother everyday while she’s on lockdown in a nursing home. I remind her to wash her hands, don’t touch her face, enjoy her daily activities and call those people who can’t come to visit so she won’t feel so lonely.

I call my father, who is an excellent social distancer by nature, just to chit chat and debate whether he’ll live long enough to see the planet implode.

I talk with my spouse of almost 30 years, reminding them that as we have always done, together we will get through this too.

I nurture my sense of humor to stay sane in a sea of insane people and because much of this will in fact be superlatively hilarious when it’s over. Already the toilet paper memes are off the chart. And no, relax, I’m not suggesting the death of people is funny.

How is this Tesla/TSLA related? I remind myself every day the importance of this company and the people involved. You or your progeny are going to wish a virus took us all to a better place if Tesla fails, doesn’t grow fast enough and doesn’t force other companies to grow fast enough in complement.

Therefore, I don’t appreciate people who use criticism, scare tactics purposely or ignorantly to knowingly or unknowingly influence others to abandon this man and his company.

At a time when we should be banding together, fear and panic separates us. That’s not anymore ok than the rampant corruption that seeks to destroy Elon and Tesla.

I hold my shares in a death grip because that’s the final hope I hold for mankind.

Adding: I saw a wonderful video from Italy recently, a number of sequestered families playing music on their balconies together as a show of love, support and the surviving human nature of people. If only everyone was like that.
I feel I know what kind of renovations they are doing... :eek:

s-l1600.jpg

Cheers!

While I wish for Tesla to continue production and deliveries till end of Q1 just to finish their end of quarter push and quarterly numbers, I do not know If this is a good decision from a medical point of view. We shall see.

It is so great that Tesla is now able to mass produce the Model Y. Everybody at Tesla can be very proud about this new and game changing product! Positive press reviews will keep coming and help motivating everyone at Tesla during difficult times!

Last edited:
There has to be a balance. I don't know if anyone knows the app Nextdoor. Its basically neighborhood app you can chat with neighbors and surrounding businesses.

Anyway as of yesterday since the SF lockdown went in I have seen a lot of posts from people who worked in bars / restaurants / cafes posting on the app desperately looking for other work to sustain themselves and pay their rent.

It's very sad - you can't shut down the economy and put thousands of ppl out of work indefinitely. If you offered UBI - maybe but we are nowhere near that.