Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has to stop!
InsideEV should be ashamed of themselves!

This damning article is, in part, based and supported by Tweets claiming to be Tesla employees. But the article does nothing to verify the legitimacy of those Twitter accounts. It's literally the equivalent of "I heard someone say".

This same author has claimed in the past that Tesla is under official investigation for their battery management system software, which anyone can confirm with NHTSA is not true. They never got past the stage of evaluating the defect petition (which anyone including short-sellers can request - as one did with the unintended acceleration issue).

At this point, a short squeeze is like a unicorn... or black swan event, so I suppose...….

Why? We just dropped from $969 to $380 while Tesla's long term fundamentals improved, I bet there's a lot of enthusiastic short sellers who are a tad overextended.

We also recently had an epic short squeeze of the century from $178 to $969, a 5.4x increase, so it's not like Tesla short squeezes are particularly rare! :D

This seems like it could be a positive for Tesla:

NHTSA looks to expedite self driving vehicle development with latest rule change

NHTSA looks to expedite self driving vehicle development with latest rule change
I read the article till I couldn't. When *sugar* like this is written the whole article becomes a waste of time.

"These would affect rules for occupant protection, steering controls, glazing materials, door locks, side-impact protection, seating systems, roof crush resistance, and child restraint anchorage systems. The agency notes that these rule changes are designed to accommodate vehicles that are not designed for human passengers, such as autonomous delivery robots from Nuro Inc"

Did you get that? The rules would affect OCCUPANT protection and CHILD restraint anchorage systems...and yet are designed to accommodate vehicles that are NOT designed for human passengers.

I do not see a sarcasm tag anywhere. Your post is incredulous on so many levels. So your brother does not know if he has enough in his account, Tesla then accepts the check in spite of being told it may bounce. It's a bad sign if that's how desperate things are even if your brother is good for it. It's just not good financial hygiene for any corporation to be doing that.

The only way this story makes sense is if your brother knew he had the funds but was not sure whether there was a temporary bank hold on the money or not. Probably much ado about nothing.

Tesla is one of the few manufacturers in the world that has on-the-ground experience with Chinese methods of COVID-19 control. China supported GF3 coming out of the epidemic there, providing masks, disinfectants and social distancing advice which Tesla used to avoid new infections among their Shanghai workers. This experience probably makes Tesla employees at Fremont safer from the virus than most other people in the SF area, at work or not.

I sold off all my remaining short funds/puts this morning so I could focus on buying long. We are either at the bottom, or close to it (assuming nothing crazy happens). Once Congress get's off their butts and puts out a bill we will stabilize and gain IMO. Republicans in Congress will do whatever Trump wants, and all he cares about is the market so the Dems will get what they want. I still have my deep red :oops: options from the $600 days, and grabbed a couple more today. I also picked up some cheap shares of google, amazon, shopify and of course Tesla, along with some UTF and ETV fund shares. Also steadily buying back into my index fund limited 401k (previously was all cash).

Edit, and I made some bomb AF homemade chicken noodle soup this morning.

Last edited:
Seems in a week ppl will have no car to buy but Tesla
I just now made that same argument with a friend. And Tesla could do a sale in q2 and control world car sales, if need be.

Many will hold off buying the Y, but many Tesla levers to pull also, and many can't wait especially if this virus cloud is sustained as the new norm.

So when they get into that same old POS gas car that still feels unsafe, they'll do their research to draw the same conclusion. They work from home, even better cashflow now. So time for a real change, accept this new world, and Buy The Y!

Reactions: Nocturnal