Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"orderly shutdown" makes sense now. They have parts continously arriving, and if the factory is shut with these parts still coming in, there will be an even bigger headache later. By being open until monday, it gives them a chance to stop the supply chain cleanly and stockpile whatever's already en-route. Sensible.

I'd guess they'll redirect part of the supply chain to GF3.

The FINRA Short Selling Volume Report for Wed, Mar 18, 2020 is out.

"Short Exempt Volume" a.k.a. Market Maker's naked shorting was 8.59% of "Short Volume", which ranks at the 164th Percentile (extremely unlikely to occur by chance).

View attachment 523174

The -10% circuit breaker tripped again, so the "Uptick Rule" will remain in effect for the 6th consecutive day tomorrow, Mar 19, 2020. This rule is ineffective in curbing the amount of naked short selling. In fact, evidence shows that naked short selling by Market Makers is increased on days with the uptick rule in effect.

#NASDAQ #SEC #FIXYOURPROBLEM

The FINRA Short Selling Volume Report for Thu, Mar 19, 2020 is out.

"Short Exempt Volume" a.k.a. Market Maker's naked shorting was 5.84% of "Short Volume", which ranks at the 126th Percentile (highly unlikely to occur by chance).

DailyShortSaleVolume.2020-03-19.png

Today, the SP was up 18% with capping (-7%) late in the session. It appears that Market Makers abide by the SEC rules at their own discretion.

BREAKING:

Tesla Operational Update - Fremont / Buffalo plant shutdowns to begin end-of-day Mar 23). Operations at others facilities will continue, including Nevada.

As of 17:30 hrs in After-hrs trading, the SP was down 9.25% so we'll likely see the Uptick Rule invoked yet again tomorrow for a record consecutive 7th day.

#SEC #BROKENRECORD

Brilliant move by Elon, to retool Freemont to make ventilators. Still saving the planet and those that dwell here and putting his money where his mouth is. Hope this happens soon. 500,000 ventilators for 2020? The 500,000 EVs can come later in 2021. If I or a family member will ever need a ventilator, I want one with the Tesla logo. I am strongly considering reinvesting in Tesla after this move. It's not just about the money. We are all in this together.

If true, cue a petition by shorts that production of ventilators is not critical in 3....2.....1......

Sorry folks, this is exactly what I was worried about a week ago. We are still at a large lack of testing kits in our health system which means that the infected numbers will continue to rise.

I think everyone already assumes the numbers will continue to rise. One look at the other countries that have already gone through this should make that more than obvious. A normal rise in the number of COVID-19 cases is already priced in. If things are better or worse than what's expected, the market will price that in accordingly.

I predict production will be shut off for at least a month. Invest accordingly.

That's hardly a given but maybe the market agrees with you. I would bet it's closer to two weeks than four. Tesla will continue to make batteries in Nevada and will want to hit the ground running as soon as it's safe enough for their employees to do so.

• Helpful
Reactions: Evoforce
“We have followed and are continuing to follow all legal directions and safety guidelines with respect to the operations of our facilities, and have honored the Federal Government’s direction to continue operating. Despite taking all known health precautions, continued operations in certain locations has caused challenges for our employees, their families and our suppliers.

As such, we have decided to temporarily suspend production at our factory in Fremont”

That looks like Tesla is not shut down by the government, but by their own choice due to logistic issues. In that case, they can also restart when they choose to.
Or do I interpret the above incorrectly?

You understood what was written perfectly. But other things could have also happened that they didn't write about.

That looks like Tesla is not shut down by the government, but by their own choice due to logistic issues. In that case, they can also restart when they choose to.

I think it will depend upon how effective the defensive measures of social distancing, locking down at home and widespread testing is at slowing the rate of spread. The local health authorities will likely allow a gradual phase-in of production with proper sanitary measures in place.

Odd: I was just spanked for posting about a "magic number"

Even more odd, I never saw a post that warned about said numerical prestidigitation. Strange, as I was keeping up on everything today. Hmm..

Just did a search, and there it is by @ggr.

How can I have missed it? Well, since it was stated that many posts were deleted, the only thing I can say is the mod(s) need to take into consideration their actions can move said warnings to previously read pages, causing the warning to be missed. Easily missed unless one refreshes the current page before moving on to the next one... My $.02

As I tried to state in my warning message, some posts were deleted in error when they should have been moved. The moderation software is not terribly friendly when trying to adress multiple issues. Yes, it's hard for all of us.

The case number in CA has been very low. See the attached image. More so the San Mateo, San Francisco and Alameda counties have very low new cases reported. Compared this to almost 2500 plus cases in NJ NY area this looks like a safe heaven. I think this will die down soon. Fingers crossed.

btw my brother who lives in San Diego believes that as long as you have sun, you will be better protected. Time to shine you sunny state CA!!

Attachments

• 0CA97CA8-47D2-44F5-A1FF-4FE9530C5AD2.jpeg
    0CA97CA8-47D2-44F5-A1FF-4FE9530C5AD2.jpeg
    303.5 KB · Views: 44
I think people need to be prepared for the factory being shut for months rather than weeks. It's wishful thinking that the virus wont ravage the US has it has Italy.

Sorry but that thought process is completely illogical. Italy just surpassed China's death total and they have a tiny fraction of the population that China has. Just kinda blows my mind that people are taking worst case example which is Italy and applying it to their projections for the US while ignoring how other countries has done much better about, not just China.

This sort for widespread thought process makes consider using all of my HELOC's to buy as much as possible over the next two weeks(Tesla and other stocks)

“We have followed and are continuing to follow all legal directions and safety guidelines with respect to the operations of our facilities, and have honored the Federal Government’s direction to continue operating. Despite taking all known health precautions, continued operations in certain locations has caused challenges for our employees, their families and our suppliers.

As such, we have decided to temporarily suspend production at our factory in Fremont”

My interpretation was that the tslaq video of employees loading onto a shuttle bus spooked the county health director and they forced Tesla's hand. Being permitted to open until monday was probably all the allowance that the county was willing to give, considering that their shutdown order was almost a week ago.

Frankly it's dumb, considering the precautions that Tesla has taken, but that's where this war with the tslaq crowd is just starting to turn ugly. Just like the blocking of Tesla supporters on twitter. But such is the nature of asymmetric warfare, you'll lose some battles even while winning the war.

Some people I will probably never forgive in my life, and these names will be on that list:
russ mitchell
lora kolodny
linette lopez