Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any accountant here knows how paid time off is calculated in the financial report? Is this already an operating expenses already factored in to past financials? Will forced to hours taken by the 50k Tesla employees count as an expense this quarter or it was already counted? Seems like our hospital is encouraging people to take PTO due to low census right now which tells me our PTO was already paid for but just not realised by the employees, therefore it saves on expense this quarter.

There's some sort of announcement that's going to happen for China customers tomorrow. Teslarati speculating that it's the Long Range Model 3. Given that, I'm expecting the P/D to be out tomorrow morning with an update about Giga 3 production rates/status. Combined with the stock action today, I ended up buying more around the 496 level. We'll see though o_O

(This was the general macro action I was hoping to see this week over the past 2 days which made it bit easier to pull the trigger on some more shares)

Any chance we get some numbers today?

Sure, there's a chance:

Third Row Tesla Podcast on Twitter

upload_2020-4-1_9-54-55.jpeg

Yes I realize the the sites are saying the bear is over but it isn't....I have said 2700 on SPX should be the ceiling for this bear mkt rally...we are defcon 3 right now still...one more push up tomorrow and the set up there...we will see 1900 on SPX within 2 weeks...sell off will start next week and odds favor on monday/teusday..the pro's like to trap giddy bulls during the weekend...Im sure there will be some "news" this weekend...be careful tomorrow and esp next week.

As posted last Thursday....sell off right on cue!...dont fight the trend people...anyone expecting a V shaped recovery right now is delusional...when you see data and the only comparison is the great depression that tells you something right there...first there is deflation stealing equity from mom and pop, then inflation when true recovery happens(think gold and bitcoin at that time)...once Corona under better control with stable or falling numbers or a effective treatment(vaccination isn't coming anytime soon) is out, then we will stabilize but the damage has been done...follow the U6 unemployment rate not the one where you remove all people who are underemployed or have given up....GDP will contract over next 203 months like no other...UE will exceed 15% and if you count underemployed way higher than that.

The practical person won't fight the tape due to anxiety/fear , they will study and learn and figure out how to battle this...your wealth depends on it...hedge against your biggest asset that's sure to fall(real estate)...thats what I am doing now.

Like I said last week, see you at SPX 1900 soon...I may come back and give guidance at that point, but I may not , cause I am not sure how many on here care about what I say...:).

As posted last Thursday....sell off right on cue!...dont fight the trend people...anyone expecting a V shaped recovery right now is delusional...when you see data and the only comparison is the great depression that tells you something right there...first there is deflation stealing equity from mom and pop, then inflation when true recovery happens(think gold and bitcoin at that time)...once Corona under better control with stable or falling numbers or a effective treatment(vaccination isn't coming anytime soon) is out, then we will stabilize but the damage has been done...follow the U6 unemployment rate not the one where you remove all people who are underemployed or have given up....GDP will contract over next 203 months like no other...UE will exceed 15% and if you count underemployed way higher than that.

The practical person won't fight the tape due to anxiety/fear , they will study and learn and figure out how to battle this...your wealth depends on it...hedge against your biggest asset that's sure to fall(real estate)...thats what I am doing now.

Like I said last week, see you at SPX 1900 soon...I may come back and give guidance at that point, but I may not , cause I am not sure how many on here care about what I say...:).

Lol that's a lot of boasting for a prediction that has very little chance of actually happening.........least when it comes to the terms of "your" prediction that S&P will be below 1900 by next Thursday.........I would take the other side of that bet....and this coming from someone who thinks the macro's will retest the lows they made a week ago.

This suspense is killing me. I know one shouldn't time the market. I am long with dry powder. Do i jump in now at 493 or wait some more? Waiting for 480, really. I don't mind if sp goes down a lot after P&D coz it's going up again. But it's awful if sp takes off at P&D and i missed the ride for the sake of saving $13. HELP!!!

Reactions: ev-enthusiast
This suspense is killing me. I know one shouldn't time the market. I am long with dry powder. Do i jump in now at 493 or wait some more? Waiting for 480, really. I don't mind if i goes down a lot after P&D coz it's going up again. But it's awful if sp takes off at P&D and i missed the ride for the sake of saving $13. HELP!!!

Split your dry powder in half. Buy half now and save the other half for after the numbers come out.

Chanos is going to be on CNBC on its Fast Money Halftime show tomorrow. Should be enlightening, as always (being sarcastic, of course).
You know what's great about being a Tesla investor? We can be certain, ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN, Elon knows this and if it makes no material difference to the company will drop a positive report 2 minutes before the Chanos segment.

Not sure if that's good or bad, but it's definitely fun. :D

• Funny
Reactions: Lessmog
There's some sort of announcement that's going to happen for China customers tomorrow. Teslarati speculating that it's the Long Range Model 3. Given that, I'm expecting the P/D to be out tomorrow morning with an update about Giga 3 production rates/status. Combined with the stock action today, I ended up buying more around the 496 level. We'll see though o_O

(This was the general macro action I was hoping to see this week over the past 2 days which made it bit easier to pull the trigger on some more shares)

How is it that Giga China is still producing cars? Don't they rely on a number of parts still coming from USA or elsewhere? I doubt they are now making 100% of parts in China. So wondering if they might have to stop production there sometime soon?

How is it that Giga China is still producing cars? Don't they rely on a number of parts still coming from USA or elsewhere? I doubt they are now making 100% of parts in China. So wondering if they might have to stop production there sometime soon?

Tesla was already pushing to make/source most parts from Asian suppliers. I'm sure they sped that process up or are in the process of speeding it up. China manufacturing across China is already getting back into full swing. If you know how you want something manufactured and have the molds, no where else in the world can you get production lines up and going as fast as you can in China.

Reactions: Sudre and Lessmog