Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else lose all their free supercharger kilometers? I don’t see how this helps Tesla in any way. It costs them almost nothing to give this free charging, but taking it away will lead to a lot of bad press.
Yes, looks like my miles have disappeared. I expected this in December (my assumption was the original offer was 6 months).

I referred my wife last June and still had over 5000km as of a few days ago. Now they’re gone. But again, what’s the point of them expiring? It costs Tesla almost nothing. This looks bad....

They are a liability that they have to carry on the books, which companies like to clear off. Also, the offer came with a clearly spelled out expiration. And it sounds like you got a 3.5+ month grace period already...

Yes, looks like my miles have disappeared. I expected this in December (my assumption was the original offer was 6 months).

Tesla in Montreal never told us they expired. If there is an expiry date, they really need to state it up front. I see a lot of people taking this badly. As a shareholder, I see this as more revenue which is good, but potential bad press. Oh well, another day as a TSLA investor...

I want to hear @Papafox rationalize THIS.
@ReflexFunds gave a pretty good theory for that couple of months before. It is a self reinforcing process. It starts with some extensive call purchase activity combined with good news. The option market makers hedging becomes a self-reinforcing huge movement. I expect this sharp price increase might top out somewhere above 800 or more. I doubt an all time high, but I have no idea. Note to myself: Go out to the news stand and buy WSJadvance copies for a week in advance. You can offer extra for it. In case the newsstand is closed due to Corona virus this plan does not work.) It should be fun. (Note to myself: No need to watch the ticker. It will move without me.)

Reactions: Eugene Ash
Tesla in Montreal never told us they expired. If there is an expiry date, they really need to state it up front. I see a lot of people taking this badly. As a shareholder, I see this as more revenue which is good, but potential bad press. Oh well, another day as a TSLA investor...

Why would they have to tell you? Referrals were all supposed to be done online and shouldn't have involved Tesla employees, and the referral rules were posted online. I know that they have made exceptions to the rules for some people and added the referral code after an order was placed, or when an order was placed by a Tesla employee, but they weren't supposed to. (Part of the reason for that was to prevent some of the fraud that was occurring.)

Edit: I do see that the person ordering with your referral link isn't given any indication that the miles expire, maybe that is on the referring person to share the rules with the people that they refer? Or does only one side of the bonus expire?

After-action Report: Tue, Apr 14, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

VWAP: $621.06
Volume: 22,481,660
Traded: $13,962,405,288.16 ($13.96 B)

Closing SP / VWAP: 105.11%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)​

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 62.8% (54th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 53.8% (60th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)

Comment: "TANning whether?" ( TSLA+13.6% / AMZN+6.7% / NFLX+7.0% )

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-04-13.png

Read more about the After-hrs dip in my comment #155368.

Last edited:

I live on a different continent, don't own a Tesla and have not bought any car for 30 years and I knew Tesla referral miles are for 6 months.

This info can't be hidden that well.

I’m sorry, but I had to disagree based on the “listen to your wife” advice. I LOVE my wife, but we have very different investment philosophies. She would have sold our TSLA position long ago; me...I bought more recently at 630, 560 and 360.:cool: Being invested in the stock since 2013 and adding more every year since, I’ve ridden nearly all of the ups and downs. Recent events, as bad as they are, are another down. From what I can tell and based on the information provided on this forum, Tesla is stronger and more secure than ever before. To me, selling now would be like selling AMZN, PCLN and NFLX years ago, which I did.:eek: My only consolation is most of that is now in TSLA, and I’m quite happy with that.:D

This is true we wouldn't even have bought much if it was up to her...

But do you think I am going to tell her that? :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: jschwefel
Can't see the blips you are referring to(mobile) but it is unlikely that options were the cause. Firstly becuase most don't trade after hours. But more importantly, they only trade at the strike price between the buyer and writer. The transaction should not show up on the ticker. Even if it was a naked call, the deficit in shares would be a buy at market.

Yeah, it's $1.2 Million bucks worth (vs SP @ $676):

TSLA.After-hrs.2020-04-13.png

Options can be executed After-hrs, upon instruction of the broker by the Options owner. This is a good move if TSLA's SP continues back to its fair value price (currently around $750 according to Wall.St)

Somebody's sorry they sold those Calls... :p

I live on a different continent, don't own a Tesla and have not bought any car for 30 years and I knew Tesla referral miles are for 6 months.

Agreed. Frankly I was surprised that my 5k I received we’re hanging around so long. I’m very happy that Tesla is doing everything they can to make it a profitable quarter. Now please discount basic AP and give me an AWD to P upgrade. lol

I guess I’ll have to purchase another Tesla with my code to get some free miles. :p

Sandy Munroe's latest video - covering wiring, octo bottle and front motor assembly:

Monro is being a dick (that’s a technical term) in this video. He’s disappointed that the world’s cheapest EV SUV cross over isn’t using a brand new highly advanced wiring system that no other car in the world is using? And then he’s disappointed there isn’t vehicle to vehicle charging capability? Does anyone have that?

Obviously Monro isn’t looking to sell any of his reports to Tesla...

Monro is being a dick (that’s a technical term) in this video. He’s disappointed that the world’s cheapest EV SUV cross over isn’t using a brand new highly advanced wiring system that no other car in the world is using? And then he’s disappointed there isn’t vehicle to vehicle charging capability? Does anyone have that?

Obviously Munro isn’t looking to sell any of his reports to Tesla...

He is at most 'meh' . He should be analyzing toaster ovens, not Tesla. Now, he gradually takes stuff apart and states the obvious.
There are other ones, such as Ingineerix dude who provide much better analysis in terms of cutting edge tech that Tesla has been doing.

Munro is going to be always 17 cars behind. It is okay, but please don't over do it.

Good for you I guess. Not everyone was aware...

Referral km's

Edit: I will stop posting about this here. Just brought it up because some people are unhappy and knowing TSLA, it may have an effect.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger