Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TBH Elons opinion of teslas stock is kinda irrelevant.
I bet most pop stars do not REALLY believe they deserve to be paid $xmillion, or think a song they came up with in an afternoon is worth a million dollars. THAT DOES NOT MATTER. What matters if what other people are prepared tro pay for it.
Maybe to Elon FSD, the best electric cars on the planet, and the best batteries in the world do not justify $800/share. But thats just his opinion, and as someone wwho is very optimistic and has very lofty goasl, maybe he has got used to seeing this as 'no biggie'.

But if you are volkswagen, whose EVs are stuck in a parking lot unable to start, or posche, with their laughably overpriced taycan, or General Motors, with their massive debt, backwards-looking management and zero experience of EVS.... yup to those people, Tesla is likely CHEAP at $800.

Being a decent CEO doesnt make you a decent stock analyst. And lets be honest, Elon is more of an engineer than a CEO anyway.
I think fair value for tesla right now is about $1,000. I will be shocked if thats not common consensus by september.

Not selling any stock here.

If you think this is about his ego, you need to check YOUR ego. Perhaps I may suggest a nice ETF you'd be more comfortable with? I hear they're saving the world.

People like you are the reason Musk has gone completely off the rails. This is 100% about his ego.

He started believing an absolute fringe conspiracy theory and was attacked for that as he should've been. Mainly his wealth and personal wealth he was about to gain. Clearly his ego couldn't take that criticism and now we have this nonsense about selling all homes and stock price is too high.

the uptick wasn’t triggered yet
Nope, triggered already

upload_2020-5-1_9-18-30.png

first time touching my core shares since 2014.

dumped quarter of my shares yesterday and another quarter today, under 700. should have done more, just keep the holding under a "healthy" percentage of my money. The future is not that clear anymore.

plan to keep quarter of my share intact. Tesla is bigger than Elon himself. They are brilliant people working towards a noble goal, with superb products that have no peer.

Don't worry, he's just setting up the shorts for a Battery Day beat down. Everything is normal here..
I don't think he set out for this strategy, I just think he knows he has a lot of aces in his back pocket... combined with a lot of Gretta drive that got us all here today.

Relax ppl, the world is messed up and his anger usually has a plus side in the future. If you are not relaxed, then you are NOT long at all.

im curious, if we somehow close green today, will all of you still be angry?

Yes, because the person I believed Elon to be isn’t quite that same person. Elon was my inspiration. Every action like this dulls the shine significantly, and now I can’t say confidently that he’s my inspiration anymore.

first time touching my core shares since 2014.

dumped quarter of my shares yesterday and another quarter today, under 700. should have done more, just keep the holding under a "healthy" percentage of my money. The future is not that clear anymore.

plan to keep quarter of my share intact. Tesla is bigger than Elon himself. They are brilliant people working towards a noble goal, with superb products that have no peer.
Well that didn't age well......after 3 minutes.

We're hurt by being up more than 50% year to date while the major indices are down 15%?
You have no idea when people bought it ... in addition you have no idea when people might need to sell some shares. It's a bullshit argument. If that is the case, people who bought in the $30's have no right to be upset when he does something like this?

Just answer one question : What is the point of what he is doing?

• Helpful
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor