Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scientific study of TMC posters today

75B86472-2ED6-4FD0-8FAF-5631D9BA855C.jpeg

I haven't sold any of my shares but if you feel like selling sell them. I have seen many super bulls preaching how will they never sell and all of the sudden they are selling. Decide for yourself , you are the only one looking out for your best interests. I still believe in the company and the future but now we have short term uncertainty.

i understand his tweets perfectly.

i don't care at ALL about wild swings in this stock, as i've stated numerous times on this thread. You misunderstand everything i am if you think i'm upset because the stock went down. i've lived through plenty worse, in terms of the stock price. THAT's not what's bothering me.

I care about the CEO of the company i'm investing in drowning in an echo chamber of conspiracy-addled anti-science sovereign-citizen fringe crackpot dimwits, throwing twitter tantrums when he doesn't get his way, and lashing out in ways that strengthen his enemies and divide his allies.

it doesn't instill confidence.

i doubt it. but again, i don't care about short term movements, at all.

i sold about a half million dollars worth today (not a majority of my holdings, but way more than i've ever sold before) not because of any short-term market movement i think is coming, but because i have lost a comparably major chunk of confidence in Tesla's leadership.

LOL. The logic.

• Funny
Reactions: InDaClub
'

And that article was such a ridiculous hit piece it's not even funny. Of course in any company of thousands of people there will be people that think that. And there will be people who think the exact opposite. A fair article would provide a smattering of all viewpoints, but this cherry-picked disapproval was meant to trigger Elon. And it worked.

Options are bets. So is stock. Stock supports the company though. Who really is deserving?

"Hang in there. If you are truly long-term, it will be fine." Elon Musk on Twitter
"If you think Tesla is overvalued compared to probable value of future cash flows, sell. Otherwise, buy." Elon Musk on Twitter

"If you don't like volatility you shouldn't own our stock. You buy stock for the long term." Elon Musk Tesla conference call." Ross Gerber on Twitter
This is the problem. Do you think Elon believes that today, "Tesla is overvalued compared to probable value of future cash flows"? I don't think he does. I don't either. But that is what his "stock price is too high" tweet today said. So why did he tweet that? I don't think there is a good reason. Like I said earlier, it will only help his enemies (shorts, specifically) and hurt his supporters.

(I am holding all my shares and LEAPS and sold some short-term calls for a loss today).

I get that many people here still consider Elon essential to the business and want to rationalize his behavior, but at a minimum you should be pretty concerned about his flagrant disregard for the SEC settlement and the absolute sugarstorm of shareholder lawsuits he just exposed himself and the company to.

They are bound by the agreement to respond with "evidence of compliance" with the "mandatory procedures regarding pre-approval of any such communications that could reasonably contain information material to the Company or its shareholders" set out by the company after the settlement. If he can't produce "written evidence of compliance in the form of a narrative" compatible with the established policy regarding his tweet this morning, the SEC probably has the grounds for further action. We are probably stuck with this controversy until either 1) battery day or 2) a superseding controversy.

My wife has cabin fever. She is sick and tired of being restricted to the house, sick and tired of not being able to go to work, and sick and tired of not being able to pretty much of anything else.

You should give her a shovel and have her dig in the dirt. It works wonders for most women, even the ones that didn't know they loved to dig in the dirt. If yours is different, no harm, no foul.

Also, I'm surprised how upset some people are that Elon has shared his true thoughts on the share price. Maybe they just don't like to see him extending a fig leaf to the short-sellers. I mean, this has got to be the first thing he has said in months that they can agree with! ;)

On a more serious note, this doesn't matter. Not even a little bit. The share price was going to go down, this just gets it there that much more quickly. Which means it will be ready to rally that much sooner. Nobody really knows why Elon said what he said but sometimes the most obvious answer is the right answer.

The seriousness with which so many people put on the share price makes me think they must not understand how this game is played. I happen to agree with Elon that it was over-valued given the near-term uncertainty. Which is why I haven't bought more since $356 about 42 days ago. This is a lot of hair-wringing over nothing! So he thinks the stock got ahead of itself - Big deal!