Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The count is now that Elon did tweet in the last years 5 times that the stock price is too high or overvalued.

Excluding other 4 times Baird counted makes 9 times in total so he repeated what he said before over time quite often. Stock went up for good reasons and will continue to do so including ups and downs of course :D

Third Row Tesla Podcast on Twitter

I remember a few of them but they don't matter. They did not before and they do not today. :cool:

A CEO can have an opinion. :)

I really feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. How can anyone watch Elon embrace ultra fringe conspiracies and have a full meltdown and think everything is ok? He literally thinks the death count is fake. He literally thinks doctors are lying. This is insanity. Stop excusing it. It's not ok.

I'm out. Sold all of my TSLA shares.
You're either in or out, huh? Nothing between?
Last time you said this, I think I sold a bit and couldnt get it back.
Not this time. I am looking to accum now. And it is much easier to watch it fall with buy orders, imo. I'm correcting my mistake.

lol way to torpedo any credibility you were ever hoping to build here. Curt has been an informative and helpful voice here for years.
I’m sorry, I guess I don’t feel for stupid people that are unaware of their investments.

best advice for any low iq investor-

if you can’t handle volatility or musks comments on Twitter, please hand you money over to a financial advisor who will hold your hand for you.

They just happened to release this post market close? :eek:
It was released 15 till bell.

in good news Elon is off the trending on Twitter. Alec Jones apparently said he was going to eat people.

In bad news we have some uncertainty. I’m really excited to see Elon on a stage talking about a Tesla’s battery tech soon! It’s going to make me feel better. I’m really sorry to those who lost some unrealized gains today. Not sure the bounce back period for this, but we hung on to 700, everyone has a bit of time to cool off this weekend. I could see a big sell off on Monday, but the Tesla story is intact. We are in a good spot, the factory reopening needs to be announced soon, Elon will have to deal with the consequences here, I’m still an investor and hope everything is ok with the guy! I think we’ll get through this. Better times coming for sure!

Completely understand those who need to go on this day and understand those staying. I think the ultimate dream of Tesla will be realized but there’s bumps in every road!

Take care everyone

Keep-Calm-and-Carry-On-history-posters-wwii-propaganda-stuart-manley-barter-books-store-keep-calm-history.jpg

It's funny how the last week has exposed member here on what they really value.

One could easily see that Musk was already being an arsehat with all his COVID and shutdown tweets.

But yet, such defiant defense here!

Now he makes more ridiculous tweets (only differ on subject matter), and only now when it affects SP negatively do many actually come to realize he is a bit unhinged. :oops:

Fact is you should be able to evaluate him the same way in both instances, or you have some major cognitive dissonance working in your brain.

BTW, this is not about politics but about psychology - really please try to explain to me how this isn't exactly how Trump tries to use Twitter / media to get what he wants?

I need Musk to manage Tesla, I don't need him to manage the COVID crisis.

Transparency for those who will think I'm some negative Nancy (nope just critical), I have not sold any shares from all of this.

What a crazy f'in day. I had a small position in TSLA until Dec 2019 but once I did my research I saw the huge potential so gradually bought it on the way up to 968. Covid19 happened and I was able to add more by selling high and buying low.

This morning I was looking into selling some of my shares(both IRA and non-IRA) as the near term macro situation looks really bleak to me. We are going down from here in my opinion, just will be a gradual slowdown. Once I saw the tweet from Elon(lucky me I had notifications turned on for Elon; I suggest people on here do that too for this volatile stock) I sold my Jun 19 options and 2/3 of shares. It's a risk I'm taking but like I posted earlier this morning(prior to Elon's tweet) I see short term pain for TSLA in Q2/Q3. The downside is greater than the upside. I don't think most retail investors will fully appreciate whatever mind blowing things we will hear on battery day, yeah maybe a Teratexas announcement will move the stock a bit. Not advice but just my read on the market and I think you will have better buying opportunities, not just TSLA but some of the other growth stocks.

I'm not disappointed with Elon at all, the guy felt like venting it out. Could he have waited for market close to do what he did? Absolutely but these are stressful times and the guy is having a baby. It still doesn't justify what he did but all said and done he is trying to fight a good fight. Let's support him and not give ammunition to TSLAQ. On a different topic we need to get fact checking and karen back in these forums. It saddens me that we lost two good posters due to petty reasons, we all need to be more united than before. Come on FC and Karen, please get back in the forums.

Lol, GTFO shortie. The next Starship is leaving for Golgafrinchan. Be on it.
Like this guy, for one. Step back from the edge, cool off, and try to take in viewpoints other than the one you're so closely tied to. Your'e embarrassing yourself bigly.

Totally agree, this Dodger's post is nonsense of the highest order, everyone knows that the two ships (one actually) was heading away from Golgafrinchan, no towards it...

Time for a bath!

I'm not disappointed with Elon at all, the guy felt like venting it out. Could he have waited for market close to do what he did? Absolutely but these are stressful times and the guy is having a baby. It still doesn't justify what he did but all said and done he is trying to fight a good fight

no one should allow Elon's hubris to go unchecked to the point that he starts embracing conspiracy theories over facts inconvenient to him. this isn't just about Corona either. This stuff hurts the brand, it makes people question Elon's decision making with his business etc

we should not cheer lead the guy accusing doctors of lying for money. we should not cheer lead him embracing Alex Jones level conspiracy theories.

I'm a long-time huge fan of Elon, and Tesla and its products. I'm a long-term TSLA investor.

Elon's tweets during the initial M3 ramp were very troubling, but I felt they could be excused based on the incredible pressure he was under, together with massive losses of sleep, and perhaps bet-the-company and bet-his-net-worth consequences.

Today's tweets in their entirety are worse than those, and with much less excuse. I get how frustrating it is for Fremont to be shut down, for him personally, his company and his employees, but there is nothing bet-the-company about the current situation. A few more weeks of closure will not fundamentally change anything.

To have the CEO and person-in-control be this publicly unstable is super troubling. It caused me to deleverage most of my TSLA stake today. I don't think this threatens Tesla or TSLA long term, but I don't want my net worth speculatively bet on something led this unstably.

Thank you, Elon, for everything you have done to bring Tesla to this point. It's an astonishing accomplishment. I hope that you regain your stability soon and can lead Tesla for the next chapters which are sure to be as exciting as the first ones.

This is how I feel.

A lot of people are frustrated.

Watching the Starship being built has been one of the things that has helped make a crappy 2020 more palatable. Today was a gut punch to people who have supported Elon when others' didnt.

Ugh.