Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has not received 'green light' to resume production: California county health official

Haven’t seen any update from Reuters since this. Elon knew from Newsom this didn’t apply to large warehouse resumption. Newsom was pretty clear on this and that Alameda County Health would take precedence.

Phase 2 of CA reopening is "mfging" in general. How newsom constantly focuses on florists and bookstores has been confusing, but when he first announced the phases, mfging was in Phase 2, which is what CA is in now. If you look at all the phases, it makes sense that Tesla is included.

Edit: it seems phase 2 has different phases. Very confusing. They should have just named them different phases.

Last edited:
Ok. Holding heavy over the weekend. It has been decided. Worst case scenario it tanks and goes up at end of the month.

Core shares are hold till $10k. You guys taught me well. [looking at you Stealth P]

Hey, I'm still expecting this thing to go down but that's not a reason for me to sell. Because it might not. I don't play those games unless I have a MUCH clearer signal than anything I've seen.

Remember, the Fidelity accounts that had the best long-term performance were those whose owners had forgotten they had Fidelity accounts! True story. I can beat those returns but only by pretending that I'm half-dead and keeping my finger off the sell button.

This is good advice to all you younger "hotshot wannabe" traders out there. You will save a lot of time and stress as well.

Last edited:
Phase 2 of CA reopening is "mfging" in general. How newsom constantly focuses on florists and bookstores has been confusing, but when he first announced the phases, mfging was in Phase 2, which is what CA is in now. If you look at all the phases, it makes sense that Tesla is included.
Unless you are in a county that has a large politically contributing oil company.

Does Tesla Have a Parts Problem? Investors Don’t Seem Worried.

Does Tesla Have a Parts Problem? Investors Don't Seem Worried.

'Roth Capital analyst Craig Irwin wrote Friday the reports of a production halt [GigaShanghai] “seem to be confirmed,” adding he believes the extended downtime “was unplanned.”
Details are thin. Irwin isn’t sure if the reported delays are because of parts availability, something speculated in multiple media reports. Few on Wall Street, besides Irwin, have written about the issue.
He rates shares the equivalent of Sell and has a $350 price target for the stock.'
upload_2020-1-25_9-15-11.png

I think all this Elon twitter stuff is quite childish(obviously), but you put him in handcuffs for opening up and you instanlty converted 37% of this country from rabidly anti-renewables to Tesla fanbois. Might actually be worth doing it on purpose.

True. He's already the most important industrialist of the 21st century in the eyes of the most knowledgable half, and getting arrested would turn him into a bonafide American folk hero amongst most of the remaining half.

The only people left on the deserted backroad wondering what just happened would be the very vocal (but less than 1%) that are short TSLA! :D

Oh jezzus here we go misquoting Elon again. For the love of God he never called anyone a fascist. He said the lockdown was and no they are NOT the same thing.

Dan

Definition of fascist or fascism
often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

He said it's "fascism" which describes the behavior of the government in charge(ie, putting people in jail for going out). He describes why he thought it's fascism pretty clearly during his rant. If the government didn't enforce the rules, then fascism doesn't exist(then it'll just be a suggestion or recommendation..which was what Elon wanted).

Hey, I'm still expecting this thing to go down but that's not a reason for me to sell. Because it might not. I don't play those games unless I have a MUCH clearer signal than anything I've seen.

Remember, the Fidelity accounts that had the best long-term -performance were those whose owners had forgotten they had Fidelity accounts! True story. I can beat those returns but only by pretending that I'm half-dead and keeping my finger off the sell button.

This is good advice to all you younger "hotshot wannabe" traders out there. You will save a lot of time and stress as well.

I also forgot my BTC wallet mined in college in 2015 ... but I also lost my private key ... probably somewhere in the land field.
If someone can dig through the land fill in Milpitas, then 60 BTCs might be yours.

Pretty crazy to think that all over the US the keys to the government have been handed over to physicians. I entirely expect Dr. Pan to try to order Tesla to shut down if there's even a slight rise in cases after reopening. The chance to stamp out the virus has long since passed. For better or worse, we have to live with it.

Hope Elon fights this hard.

He said it's "fascism" which describes the behavior of the government in charge(ie, putting people in jail for going out). He describes why he thought it's fascism pretty clearly during his rant. If the government didn't enforce the rules, then fascism doesn't exist(then it'll just be a suggestion or recommendation..which was what Elon wanted).

I don't think this thread is the place for a long drawn out fight over the finer points of fascism. Just be aware that it's possible for a government official, someone who is not considered Fascist, to make a decision that could be considered fascist. That is what Elon claimed.

In a similar vein, a smart person could make a stupid decision. That does not negate all the wise decisions they have made.

Last edited:
I think California is under a lot of pressure to reopen. CNBC reported all day that they turned a $20 billion dollar surplus into a $45 billion deficit in only a few months.

CNBC walked around California asking business owners how the state should proceed and repeatedly got “I don’t see why the state thinks an open business cannot also be safe.” Granted the people interviewed are not in their house so obviously they don’t care.

Also important to remember that California and New York are showing completely different covid results. Yes it’s fair to say the virus hit NY hard but is weaker in California

As state officials view their current situation this weekend I think money will steer them towards reopening faster. If California looks to the federal government for aid then they can expect trouble. Elections won’t be nice to current officials if they can’t turn this around quickly. I don’t think Trump is interested in helping, it’s best to listen to the people of your state here and restore confidence to the constituents.

I also forgot my BTC wallet mined in college in 2015 ... but I also lost my private key ... probably somewhere in the land field.
If someone can dig through the land fill in Milpitas, then 60 BTCs might be yours.

For only $600,000? It would be easier to mine 60 new BTC's! You shoulda wrote that puppy down by scratching it into a scrap of aluminum can and making a Christmas tree ornament out of it!

• Funny
Reactions: PlaidCPA and AZRI11