Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if The ADA was enacted so that the Disabled are given the ability to travel freely

Not freely, just that they should be afforded reasonable accommodation to have equal access to things.

Reasonable is not universal or unlimited (hence why gas stations don't have to hire an extra full time employee just to be on hand in case a handicapped person needs help- that would not be reasonable)

, and I believe that is the reason for gas stations being required to assist them in the act of fueling due to the fact that not having fuel in a vehicle would limit the movement of the disabled

Nope.

Has nothing to do with "limiting movement" just equal access.

If you can reasonable accommodate a handicapped customer (ie you have a spare employee on hand to do so) then you're obligated to offer that reasonable accommodation to them.

If you do NOT have the spare employee then you're not obligated to help them.

, then wouldn't an Ahole lawyer gladly argue in court that those maintaining a supercharger network must insure that their business is ADA compliant?

Nope.

See above.

You're misunderstanding what the ADA actually says, and why it says it.

:rolleyes: maybe not right now but let me go further down the hole, And this'll kick you in the nuts....
FSD. YeeeeeaH, FSD is going to be a boon to the Disabled:). The Disabled Population is going to be given/buy FSD. The Federal Government will fit out all those big bucks vans for the Veterans with it. Imagine a company making a product that is tailor-made for a segment of society...and then not having the support aspects of the business in place?
I agree before you post. FSD wasn't made specifically for the disabled:confused:, Wanna meet me in court.:cool:

Sure- soon as you find a lawyer who so badly misunderstands the ADA he thinks you have a case :)

Honestly robotaxis are a WAY better argument for self-charging superchargers--- because otherwise you're not gonna be able to keep making money 24/7 are you? It'll need to come home and be manually charged.

Equally honestly they're not nearly as close as Elon keeps telling folks though- so refitting all the superchargers to accommodate them isn't either.

(for that matter you'll need a MASSIVELY higher number of stalls at all once they're servicing thousands of robotaxis in a major city instead of just dozens or hundreds of regular drivers on a road trip passing through....)

Aha. And for me $1000.58 at Stockcharts.
Re-check Stockcharts.com after 16:15 hrs ET. They update their chart retroactively with the official Closing SP 15 min after the Market closes in NYC. :p

P.S. their volume reports are delayed 15 min during Market hours too. Then they stop updating volume sometime around 19:30 hrs, while the After-hrs session is still going.

Cheers!

Last edited:
After-action Report: Fri, Jun 19, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "Tesla is a Grand Company; TSLA is a Grand Equity"

Traded: $8,657,434,785.77 ($8.66 B)
Volume: 8,684,444
VWAP: $996.89

Closing SP / VWAP: 100.41%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM = 185.642B / 176.38B = 105.25%​

'Short' Report:

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 55.8% (52nd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 48.4% (49th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 0.73% of Short Volume (47th Percentile rank)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-06-19.png

I'm all for encouraging all EV Makers in order to accelerate the move to a sustainable future, but I also cannot allow this kind of.. hubris and inexplicable deceit to go unnoticed:

https://twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/status/1274128293105561603

"The Nikola Tre is the first ever zero emissions semi-truck coming to market, in production, and it comes out next year. And that's pretty amazing. We beat everyone to market."

Tesla Energy seems to be discounting solar quite a bit. I don't know if they can book revenue for Q2 if people just sign up now, but haven't completed the install. But I still appreciate the push and the enthusiasm for growing this part of the business.

Generally it's not revenue if you haven't delivered- things like deposits on undelivered product are offset by a liability for the goods/services owed.

I read WSB daily during the quarantine for some laughter and the hilarious repetition of the same avoidable mistakes.
One thing that dawned on me right now is how far ppl on this forum have progressed in their investing/trading abilities after gaining all sorts of knowledge from different walks of life.

I know this sounds exactly like TSLAQ, but the difference compared to the TSLAQ gang is that, whereas ppl in TSLAQ were bragging about their credentials, I know many ppl here have hidden their true credentials (from the few I've met) because they are comfortable enough in their lives to not need the limelight.

4 digits stock price, a number which I didn't dare to imagine at any stage of the fight: Here we are. It's a number that any investor who've been in TSLA since the beginning would have taken as victory, but the real fight for climate change is far from over. The green future is worth fighting for as we have temporarily seen during the lock down, how nice the planet can be without pollution.

Welcome to the new battleground @ $1000
TMC is like the "dead poets society"
"It's not who you are but what you do that defines you."

TSLA Long Baby!!!!

I used to watch him. Once he got the Y the whining started. Nothing major really to moan about but he did. Drama mostly to try being relevant. Very similar to Ben's behavior. Both unfortunate, IMO.

Ben Sullins?

I thought some of his videos used to be pretty cool, but I lost all respect for him and never watched any of his videos again after this one:

Why I don't Invest in Tesla Stock - July 2019

Basically, he explains that Tesla stock is too volatile and detached from fundamentals for him, which is fine. Don't invest in something like TSLA if you can't deal with the swings.

But then he goes on a rant about why Bitcoin/Crypto is such a great investment, arguably the most volatile and detached from fundamentals 'investment' out there... :rolleyes:

I'm all for encouraging all EV Makers in order to accelerate the move to a sustainable future, but I also cannot allow this kind of.. hubris and inexplicable deceit to go unnoticed:

https://twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/status/1274128293105561603

"The Nikola Tre is the first ever zero emissions semi-truck coming to market, in production, and it comes out next year. And that's pretty amazing. We beat everyone to market."

Man- some great stuff there...

"we make 5 times the money on every truck we sell compared to Daimler..."

I mean, granted the number they've sold so far is 0.... what's 5 times 0?

I also liked "in production, and it comes out next year..."

MEANWHILE, ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE-

Nikola Corp | CNH Industrial brands IVECO and FPT together with Nikola Motor Company announce future Nikola TRE production in Ulm, Germany

"Start of production is anticipated within the first quarter of 2021"

Bonus points for saying "we beat everyone to market..." for a truck that isn't even being built yet.

Man- some great stuff there...

"we make 5 times the money on every truck we sell compared to Daimler..."

I mean, granted the number they've sold so far is 0.... what's 5 times 0?

I also liked "in production, and it comes out next year..."

MEANWHILE, ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE-

Nikola Corp | CNH Industrial brands IVECO and FPT together with Nikola Motor Company announce future Nikola TRE production in Ulm, Germany

"Start of production is anticipated within the first quarter of 2021"

Bonus points for saying "we beat everyone to market..." for a truck that isn't even being built yet.

I thought TM said he was honest and transparent. He said so, so it must be true.

Can someone comment on what this means for Q2? I will cross post this on the quarterly projections thread also.

Tesla tells employees merit awards are on hold after Covid-19
Possibly nothing. HR meetings and personnel reviews may not be a top priority right now and mgmt has already taken a pay cut. Until the long term impact is known it’s smart to defer raises.
Wage stickiness is a long term problem coming into and out of recessions and major economic transformations. The federal reserve and I think maybe GWU has some good research on topic.

After-action Report: Fri, Jun 19, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "Tesla is a Grand Company; TSLA is a Grand Equity"

Traded: $8,657,434,785.77 ($8.66 B)
Volume: 8,684,444
VWAP: $996.89

Closing SP / VWAP: 100.41%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM = 185.642B / 176.38B = 105.25%​

'Short' Report:

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 55.8% (52nd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 48.4% (49th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 0.73% of Short Volume (47th Percentile rank)​

View attachment 553763
Huh, huh. Huh, huh. “Grand”. I get it.

• Funny
Reactions: wipster and capster