Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20200619_205556_com.android.chrome.jpg

Maybe not so funny? My son works at Enerparc.
Lego owner moves into U.S. solar
I have always felt BIPV (built in photovoltaic) was the future of roof housing. I took a few classes in solar 10 years ago and at the time I thought that solar panels that could snap in like Legos could be the best solution so I don't discount this.

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed and capster
I'm all for encouraging all EV Makers in order to accelerate the move to a sustainable future, but I also cannot allow this kind of.. hubris and inexplicable deceit to go unnoticed:

https://twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/status/1274128293105561603

"The Nikola Tre is the first ever zero emissions semi-truck coming to market, in production, and it comes out next year. And that's pretty amazing. We beat everyone to market."
He needs to keep lying bigger to keep the story alive. It appears to have just jumped an order of magnitude since listing.

How long until the lockup period for insider selling ends?

SoylentBrown on twitter calling out claims of unintended Tesla acceleration.

So far it doesn't seem like the critics are taking the bet..
There was a good podcast on unintended acceleration by Malcolm Gladwell. This was based on Toyota and Lexus. Short answer is that it's the driver accidentally hitting the accelerator.
Revisionist History Podcast.

Financial Times ranks Tesla #4 globally (behind only Amazon, Microsoft and Apple) in equity value added.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

An interesting write-up.

For some reason, this was not behind a paywall for me.
The chart they use is quite helpful, and shows quite clearly that while Tesla has had wonderful growth this year, there are companies that have grown 2x-4x more in $value over the same time period (albeit off a larger base). Plenty of room left for Tesla to run.
upload_2020-6-20_8-40-2.png

OT, but hey...

You can thank me. I have done everyone a huge favor.

Let me explain: Today I drove 800 miles up to Littleton, CO in the Denver area, in my old 2013 Model S. Traded it in, took delivery of my impeccably perfect 2020 Model S Long Range Plus. Drove home.

New car is just gob-smacking. As a TSLA investor, the leap in progress in 7 years from my old S to the new S is just incredible. New S, vastly more range, power, improvements in fit and finish, nicer wheels, everything, and to top it all off, $17000 cheaper than my old S.

Consider that my old 2013 S is still the standard by which every other OEM is still struggling to catch up to. Tesla is so wickedly ahead, 7 years ahead, of everyone else, it's almost cruelly unfair.

Oh: ok here is why you can thank me. Because by taking delivery of this S today, Murphy's Law dictates that there's destined to be big announcements next week. I reckon, not only Battery Day, but who knows, probably something like a new revamped S with 500-600 miles range, Plaid Mode, even more capable than the thing I just bought. Will I cry? Yes. Will you? No, because you can order it, I'm now stuck with this mere 2020 clunker :)

I look forward to seeing $5000/share and then $10000/share in coming weeks er months er years.

Thank you for this. It's a great reminder of why many people are long-term investors in this company. The potential growth and investment gains could apply to other companies making shirt buttons or beard trimmers, but for so many of us it's the sheer brilliance of the product. I've owned and driven many cars over decades; this is the first time I can honestly say that I look forward to getting into my car (M3) every single morning and enjoying driving, even in traffic! The experience of a Tesla is like nothing that's gone before it; it makes driving a simple joy - what other car can you say that about? That's the reason I hold these shares; how can a company that can make a product this good not be a total success? Your post illustrates that perfectly.

How long until the lockup period for insider selling ends?
Max 45 days after the shares were listed, so mid- to late-July. In the meantime, shares to short are nearly unavailable, going for 500% interest rate (yes, over a dollar per day per share to short NKLA). Then there's the PUTS...

When this house of cards tumbles, its gonna be seismic.

More here: (yes, it's a good analysis even thou its on S.A.) :p

https://seekingalpha.com/article/43...g-shares-will-cause-imminent-crash-to-less-20

Cheers!

At this point, I really don't give a *sugar* about "being there in person" I want to know the info about battery day as a shareholder. This is getting ****ing exhausting.

dont underestimate the power of the epic crane shots of a cheering crowd during a battery day presentation. The crazier the event, the better the pictures - the broader the impact on main stream media. Even though I know we dont count on them...

Only answering because slow weekend...

Re-check Stockcharts.com after 16:15 hrs ET. They update their chart retroactively with the official Closing SP 15 min after the Market closes in NYC. :p

P.S. their volume reports are delayed 15 min during Market hours too. Then they stop updating volume sometime around 19:30 hrs, while the After-hrs session is still going.

Cheers!

I know they have a delay - and that they stop updating after markets too early. But a couple of minutes past 16:00 hours they displayed this:

Stockchart_1000_58.png

Here they wrote Close 1000.58 and since the closing price does not change over time and can only have one correct value they tricked me.:mad:

OT, but hey...

You can thank me. I have done everyone a huge favor.

Let me explain: Today I drove 800 miles up to Littleton, CO in the Denver area, in my old 2013 Model S. Traded it in, took delivery of my impeccably perfect 2020 Model S Long Range Plus. Drove home.

New car is just gob-smacking. As a TSLA investor, the leap in progress in 7 years from my old S to the new S is just incredible. New S, vastly more range, power, improvements in fit and finish, nicer wheels, everything, and to top it all off, $17000 cheaper than my old S.

Consider that my old 2013 S is still the standard by which every other OEM is still struggling to catch up to. Tesla is so wickedly ahead, 7 years ahead, of everyone else, it's almost cruelly unfair.

Oh: ok here is why you can thank me. Because by taking delivery of this S today, Murphy's Law dictates that there's destined to be big announcements next week. I reckon, not only Battery Day, but who knows, probably something like a new revamped S with 500-600 miles range, Plaid Mode, even more capable than the thing I just bought. Will I cry? Yes. Will you? No, because you can order it, I'm now stuck with this mere 2020 clunker :)

I look forward to seeing $5000/share and then $10000/share in coming weeks er months er years.
48f43afeb37edc1d937cfe264985b016.gif