Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Lowest Price for Home Solar
Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 5.13.07 PM.png

Our new pricing is made possible by several simple improvements to a decades-old industry. We made ordering and installing solar easy by moving to fixed sizes that customers can order with a single click online — no more need to spend hours in consultations reviewing old utility bills. More than 80 percent of our customers move forward with the standard size recommended by our website, and the move to a digital experience helped cut our sales and marketing costs by 64 percent

You can't just fly the starship to any location. Unless the landing site minimally has support services for LOX and fuel, you can't get back. If you want to unload any payload, you will need specialized facilities also.

Well then, we have a paradox. Starship can get to Mars but will be unable to unload any payload to support their mission. They will be trapped in the starship until they run out of supplies and die.

Privileged dumb-dumb in passenger seat gets special opportunity to ride through Boring company tunnel in LA at 115 mph.

What does he do? Tells the driver to, "wait, wait, wait", "holy sh!t, stop, stop, stop" while he figures out why his phone is not recording video. What was the problem dumb-dumb was having? His phone is in a wallet and he has the front wallet flap folded 180 degrees back so it covers the lens. :rolleyes:

Dumb-dumb.

Fortunately, the guy in the backseat seemed to balance things out in the general awareness, sensitivity and intelligence departments.

Hopefully Steve was the one taking the video from the backseat. He's a Tesla board member.
upload_2020-6-20_22-16-43.png

https://twitter.com/FutureJurvetson/status/1273639842362953729

There's probably a reason there are no car factories, or any other factories, right next to Nasa launch sites even on land. They are not gonna use an off shore launch site for anything Tesla related. That's not even considering it would be more expensive in so many ways doing any car to ship loading off shore.

And I'll bet all my Tesla stocks they are not planning on sending any Teslas to customers via rockets.
They probably will be, on Mars, at least for a while and for that I'll accept half your shares. /s

They probably will be, on Mars, at least for a while and for that I'll accept half your shares. /s

Hehe, I was pretty careful how I phrased that. Notice it says customers (in pluralis). I guess in theory SpaceX could order some kind of vehicle from Tesla to be sent to Mars. But SpaceX is one customer. We'll both be dead long before there is a second customer (private citizen or company) ordering Teslas built on earth sent to Mars.

Reactions: Off Shore
But a couple of minutes past 16:00 hours they displayed this:

stockchart_1000_58-png.553917

Here they wrote Close 1000.58 and since the closing price does not change over time and can only have one correct value they tricked me.:mad:

Yeah, check back after 16:15 hrs ET. Then SC looked like this:

sc.TSLA.2020-06-19.16-15.detail.png

Even NASDAQ updates their Historical figures for up to 2 days after the Close (SP also seems to depend on trade clearing rules).

For early access to accurate Closing SP data, I recommend Google, who almost always have the correct data by 16:00:30 ET. They must have spent some effort researching the algorithm that determines the Closing price, since they seem to guess correctly long before NASDAQ even knows the final numbers (again, usually by 16:15:10-ish but subject to revisions for 48 hrs).

Geeky enough for you? I have plenty more as required. Enjoy ur weekend!

Cheers!

Cheers!

The Lowest Price for Home Solar
View attachment 554086

Our new pricing is made possible by several simple improvements to a decades-old industry. We made ordering and installing solar easy by moving to fixed sizes that customers can order with a single click online — no more need to spend hours in consultations reviewing old utility bills. More than 80 percent of our customers move forward with the standard size recommended by our website, and the move to a digital experience helped cut our sales and marketing costs by 64 percent

Unbeknownst to everyone, TSLA's hidden master plan is actually: "Making sales and marketing obsolete, industry by industry." Same loafty goal as Amazon's "Making brick and mortar store obsolete"

Stock Option Max Pain

Trying to read those graphs. We will have an SP of $1000 again next Friday?

Question..

If I understand the theory correctly, SP will gravitate to max pain because call sellers will try to keep the SP below their strike price, and put sellers will try to keep the SP above their strike price, in both cases to make sure the options expire worthless. So these are counter-acting influences on the SP which will make it gravitate towards the weighted average of all outstanding call and put strikes..

So, since this is about market manipulation by the big players, does it not follow that one should only count MM-sold options for calculating max pain, given that small retail investors can't really influence the SP by selling or buying the shares?

Or are the quantity of options sold by small investors too insignificant to make a difference?

Reactions: UncaNed
Source? According to Tesla's Supercharger site about 4 of those still say "Target Opening 2020" and are greyed out.

from supercharge.info

If you click on a Supercharger, then on Discuss you’ll be taken to the page here on these forums where the charging location is discussed. There’s usually photos of the progress during construction, then of the first few members charging once its opened.