Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A mega recession might come and that could decimate the ICE industry and probably set Tesla back to $750 (no way the company, even if sole survivor of the recession, can not be affected). But the central banks and governments aren't rational and could pump $ to save the stock market for years to come, until hyperinflation kicks in (in which case, parking $ in cash wouldn't help). Where would you park your cash until the SP rebounds?

We know we have come a long way when now the threat is a "mega-recession" might set us all the way back to $750!

I haven't voiced my view of NKLA before
But here it is. Even a simple person such as I am, I can clearly formulate that their hydrogen/Shell game isn't financially credible...and then there is all the stink from things like the Main Players being able to sell their stock before the little people can...and now that?
And yet people have bought into it? Where is the legal system?
I think it’s the new FUD, trying to make Tesla and Nikola indistinguishable to CNBC types. Then when Nikola fails (in the next year) try to project that on Tesla as the next to fail. In the mean time run up Nikola as high as possible for the furthest fall.

I'm selling at $1500. Sorry, but there's just too much of a case for a post-election mega-recession. If we wiggle our way up to $1500 after the 2Q call or perhaps actual S&P inclusion, I'm selling and buying back in at $750-950. Y'all are just crazy.

Lets say S&P is announced in early September, how long until all the ETFs and mutual funds will have bought their shares? Are they already buying? Is it pretty much instantly?

In history there have events that resulted in massive shifts of wealth. Might I suggest a tiered approach.

I think it’s the new FUD, trying to make Tesla and Nikola indistinguishable to CNBC types. Then when Nikola fails (in the next year) try to project that on Tesla as the next to fail. In the mean time run up Nikola as high as possible for the furthest fall.

I'm having second thoughts. Trevor is starting to display some incredible innovation. He's talking about putting built-in soda fountains in the cab of his trucks.

https://twitter.com/nikolatrevor/status/1276300718475898880

I wonder why Elon didn't think of that? :confused: /s

What sets ARK apart from most ETF managers and brokerage analysts is that they actually have technology experts on staff in every discipline they cover from genetics to AI. These are their analysts. Why most of Wall Street didn't figure out it makes sense to have more than financial expertise in-house just shows how arrogant they are.

When ARK says NKLAs planned technology roll-out doesn't make sense, people should listen.

Hell, this was figured out yeeeeaarrsss ago.... :) I have this on my phone and whip it out (amoungst other highly informative data) any time the convo starts to go crazy on fuel cells....
Fuel Cell vs. BEV.png

A mega recession might come and that could decimate the ICE industry and probably set Tesla back to $750 (no way the company, even if sole survivor of the recession, can not be affected). But the central banks and governments aren't rational and could pump $ to save the stock market for years to come, until hyperinflation kicks in (in which case, parking $ in cash wouldn't help). Where would you park your cash until the SP rebounds?

Isn't this priced in?
Which auto maker on your watchlist is hitting all time highs YTD because apparently people according to you know nothing about this pending recession that's coming?

Reactions: StealthP3D
I have the same feeling but good luck timing that to buy back in
This is always the hardest question to answer. And if I sell some and it does go down, will I feel good-er?

Well... I just now sold a call to close without rolling it. Still a bit over 50% cash, mostly holding TSLA shares and another deep deep option in '22... feeling more at ease. This is what ARK does (or will do soon) - to redistribute according to a rule (10% TSLA for them). Using %'s gives me a better assessment as opposed to 2x or 3x gains or getting to an even number in your account. And if I want to throttle up again because of a correction, then I would buy it back down to 50% cash. So % is my Autopilot for now.

I'm pretty sure a lot of you don't work anymore and this is your hobby. But to all the rest whose goal is an island (or a bigger one) and are insanely leveraged, here's a true story (not advise). I saw this happen twice to someone close to me who zero'd out nearly overnight. Each time saying how he learned what he did wrong last time. Fact is, the market went wrong and the clocks ran out. His 3rd time, he kept $50K and bought a Model 3 cash, driving for Uber until TN is running... and still leveraging TSLA. Lesson learned. Coming from a person who can spot addictive behavior, this can bite you hard. So do carry some cash no matter what, even if just 10%. Keep enough so that when you imagine yourself getting back in after being completely wiped out, that you have enough cash to continue playing to $2,000 and higher.

Friends don't let friends bet the farm.
Cheers!

How does he keep embarrass himself?

I imagine with the amount of money he will be making shortly (cashing out stock) he figures he can deal with the embarrassment at a later date (from his own private island).

What's amazing is this is thinly veiled fraud on a massive scale happening right before our eyes. Yes, it's 100% different from the fraud TSLAQ tried to allege against TSLA. But as long as Trevor dots all his "i's" and crosses his "t's" and pretends like he believes what he's doing will really work, he's untouchable. Personally, I think he's getting so caught up in the charade he will make a fatal mistake that's going to land him in legal hot water. But I imagine he has good lawyers so :rolleyes:

$200 billion!

This is wonderful - and it is also wonderful to see Dana Hull's TC article that claimed Tesla was 2nd in valuation to Toyota get destroyed only one day after print no matter how anyone wants to dispute how the float for each stock is evaluated.

"A decade later, Tesla’s stock is trading at $959.74/share, the company has grown to about 48 000 employees and its influence on the global auto industry is unprecedented. Despite plenty of doubters and some near-death experiences, Tesla’s $178-billion market valuation is second only to Toyota among all car makers."

A look back at Tesla's extraordinary decade - TechCentral

When did Valueanalyst turn into a bitter long? Wasn’t he/she a extremely bullish long at one point? I must have missed that drama.
It's a she.

I've always viewed VA as an unstable, knee-jerk yo yo. That's just how some people are programmed. Not knocking her character or anything like that.

I forgot exactly what it was that turned her off. Whatever it was she'll just keep bouncing around. Don't be shocked if she morphs back into not selling before $10,000! mode again.

Last edited:
Just waiting for the next leaked email...:)

That might be the "middle ground" between releasing P&D report before the market opens on Thursday and waiting until the 3 day weekend begins.

In other words, an e-mail from Musk to employees after the market closes today/before it opens tomorrow thanking them for their heroic efforts to secure victory! I suspect the market would go crazy.