Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That feeling when you go to the bathroom and come back $5k richer. It was a sit down but still.

Going grocery shopping now. Can't imagine how much I'll make doing that.
Or that feeling when you wake up to find you are richer by more than your yearly salary before you started work for the day. I have been missing that feeling.
Last week I bought some short term options for 07/02 along with LEAPS. These were red for most of the time since then. Now every single one is well into green territory.
The only question remains- shall we see the P&D report before market open on Thursday?

I'm guessing they will wait until around $1350-$1450 for that. Or they might not do it at all. As Tesla turns out cars in ever higher volumes they are turning into a cash printing machine.

Seriously, feels like every time the stock moves up 5% into a slightly higher range, some think Tesla should raise money. When ya have upcoming multiple stock and business growth catalysts in the next 6 months and you don't need the cash right away(they're funding 2 concurrent Giga factories at the same time and have plenty of cash to do a third), then you don't raise until after those catalyst have happened.

Besides, like you said, the real question is does Tesla actually need to raise funds at all anymore. Q3 was always going to be a monster quarter, but given that Q2 had lower Euro sales and thus credits than normal, those sales and credits will affect Q3. The 340 million credits Tesla got in Q1 could be dwarfed by Q3 credits.

I haven't voiced my view of NKLA before
But here it is. Even a simple person such as I am, I can clearly formulate that their hydrogen/Shell game isn't financially credible...and then there is all the stink from things like the Main Players being able to sell their stock before the little people can...and now that?
And yet people have bought into it? Where is the legal system?

In a few years we will see articles like this but with Tesla in the headline:

Real people are making big money off Apple stock

Apple stock is making regular Americans rich

Being an Apple fan has paid off handsomely for Alex Gerb.

He doesn't just own the products, he owns the stock. He's made close to $50,000 since he first bought Apple shares in 2007.

While working his way through college in Maryland, he took all the money he had to his name -- about $4,000 -- and bought the stock. Friends thought he was a little nuts. Now they kick themselves for not following his lead.

The first iPhone captivated him. He lined up when they went on sale and traveled to Europe about two weeks later. People kept coming up to him on the streets of London wanting to touch it since it wasn't available there yet.

"I said, 'Oh my God, this is going to be huge,'" Gerb said, speaking to CNNMoney on his current iPhone 6 Plus.

Over time, he has added to his Apple stake, holding it in both his retirement account and his "play money" brokerage account. He estimates Apple stock makes up close to 45% of his investment portfolio.

"I'm sure any financial adviser would say I'm nuts. They would say diversify, but I trust in Apple," Gerb says.

Just like car inventory, they like to run out at the end of the quarter to improve financials.
I checked a couple months back too! It's just the kid sizes really. I want a Tesla shirt for my daughter but they still don't have them in her size. :(

Last edited:
I'm selling at $1500. Sorry, but there's just too much of a case for a post-election mega-recession. If we wiggle our way up to $1500 after the 2Q call or perhaps actual S&P inclusion, I'm selling and buying back in at $750-950. Y'all are just crazy.

Lets say S&P is announced in early September, how long until all the ETFs and mutual funds will have bought their shares? Are they already buying? Is it pretty much instantly?

I haven't voiced my view of NKLA before
But here it is. Even a simple person such as I am, I can clearly formulate that their hydrogen/Shell game isn't financially credible...and then there is all the stink from things like the Main Players being able to sell their stock before the little people can...and now that?
And yet people have bought into it? Where is the legal system?

Arkk Invest, the most bullish fund manager on any emerging tech and are willing to entertain any outrageous ideas, decided that Nikola doesn't add up. Watch the CNBC interview from yesterday. And you know Arkk are the ones who always look at every company from a point of glass is half full point of view.

This was funny:

Nafnlaus
@enn_nafnlaus

I just reserved a #NikolaBadger! Don’t let the beautiful design fool you, this first of its kind, BEV/FCEV pickup truck is built to outperform any electric truck on the market. Join the #BadgerFierce community by reserving yours today. #NikolaBadgerReservation

I'm selling at $1500. Sorry, but there's just too much of a case for a post-election mega-recession. If we wiggle our way up to $1500 after the 2Q call or perhaps actual S&P inclusion, I'm selling and buying back in at $750-950. Y'all are just crazy.

Lets say S&P is announced in early September, how long until all the ETFs and mutual funds will have bought their shares? Are they already buying? Is it pretty much instantly?
I don't think that's unreasonable at all. If we spike up to say $1500 it's not unreasonable to expect it to settle back down into the 1200 or so range even without elections/pandemics etc. I probably wouldn't sell all, but a decent chunk at least.

Reactions: CarlS
I'm not Elon, but if Tesla is making a profit in Q2. I would issue some shares to pull 10bill. from te market and boost the expansion.

I'm not sure why so many are cheering for another equity raise when there are other none dilutive options? Why not offering $10B of bonds if they need more capital for expension/growth? Wouldn't that be better for all shareholders? Maybe I'm missing something.

Arkk Invest, the most bullish fund manager on any emerging tech and are willing to entertain any outrageous ideas, decided that Nikola doesn't add up. Watch the CNBC interview from yesterday. And you know Arkk are the ones who always look at every company from a point of glass is half full point of view.

What sets ARK apart from most ETF managers and brokerage analysts is that they actually have technology experts on staff in every discipline they cover from genetics to AI. These are their analysts. Why most of Wall Street didn't figure out it makes sense to have more than financial expertise in-house just shows how arrogant they are.

When ARK says NKLAs planned technology roll-out doesn't make sense, people should listen.

A mega recession might come and that could decimate the ICE industry and probably set Tesla back to $750 (no way the company, even if sole survivor of the recession, can not be affected). But the central banks and governments aren't rational and could pump $ to save the stock market for years to come, until hyperinflation kicks in (in which case, parking $ in cash wouldn't help). Where would you park your cash until the SP rebounds?

Ok. :rolleyes: