Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My timing has clearly been off. I have prepared my punishment:
View attachment 567692

Seriously, if we don't have a FOMO rise toward close, that indicates to me that people are worried that Tesla really DIDN'T make a profit. In that case, the results (if profitable) will be even more shocking and could trigger an even more severe climb.

Or maybe not.
Wanted to rate this informative..but just couldn't.

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
hgames.jpg

To the brave in here that were going to sacrifice themselves and go see the proctologist during earnings call, we salute you. Coincidentally, is this the same move the doctor does?

Archaeological find at Giga Berlin construction site. No impact on construction activities for now.

Relikt aus der Steinzeit: Klinge auf Tesla-Baustelle gefunden - n-tv.de

Per Google translate:

134070305.jpg

Archaeologists discover an old blade on the Brandenburg construction site of the US automaker Tesla. According to the experts, this could come from the Stone Age. For the protection of historical monuments, this is not yet a reason to stop the construction of the plant.

Archaeologists have found a flint blade on the construction site of the Tesla factory in Grünheide near Berlin. In addition, two sites were newly recorded, said a spokeswoman for the Brandenburg State Office for Monument Conservation and Archaeological State Museum in Zossen-Wünsdorf. However, the preservation order has no concerns that the US electric car manufacturer will continue with the construction. A team of six archaeologists had examined the site.

The two sites show that the area was visited by hunters and gatherers in the Stone Age and that they were also used economically in the Middle Ages, perhaps for the coal industry, the state office said. The area was unsuitable as a settlement. If archaeological finds were found during further construction, Tesla would have to report them.

Soil unsuitable for agriculture

The archaeologists previously did not assume that there used to be a settlement on the 92 hectare site on which construction is taking place. They attribute this primarily to the sandy, dry soil, which is unsuitable for agricultural use.

In addition, the area is densely forested. The investigation of the soil confirmed the forecast: Such areas, which are unfavorable for a settlement, have been avoided from prehistory to the recent past and have only been visited for special uses.

Low volume and flat SP. FUDsters have done their job, others holding on. Dry powder already spent, too bad - I wouldn’t mind buying a few more shares right now.

Meh. We're at $1575. That's fine. Direction will be determined by tonight's report and call, not by shenanigans from FUDsters.

I am locked and loaded and ready for the report in T-90 minutes or so...

tenor.gif

To tag onto the rules that someone else posted upthread, can we also avoid posting from 4 PM Eastern until, say, 10 minutes after the shareholder letter hits? (Narrator: they can not.) Probably an infeasible display of restraint, but it'd be nice to get folks' initial reactions after they've spent a few minutes reading the report rather than 100 posts asking if it's out yet, followed by 5 posting the link within one minute of each other, followed by 100 more one-liners with single stats from the top of the report.

I see Tesla as mankind’s best remedy for climate change. That is the value I place on TSLA.
Although this probably isn't the right thread for this topic, this is where you brought it up. I believe the solution isn't complete until fusion replaces fossil fuels. Electricity is only as clean as its source. Solar and wind are nice, but both have certain inherent impracticalities. Fusion can make a LOT of electricity, once it works. ITER - the way to new energy

• Funny
Reactions: oldTAVguy
Some of the strategic appointments to the board satisfied my only desires. There’s no doubt the BOD has an excellent mix of expertise now with some great additions. Otherwise, like Galileo, I don’t have any faults with the company either.

Furthermore, I won’t be happy until TSLA is more valuable than frickin’ FB...one company is changing the world and the other is annoying the world...

The two sites show that the area was visited by hunters and gatherers in the Stone Age and that they were also used economically in the Middle Ages, perhaps for the coal industry, the state office said.
QUOTE]

Aren't hunters and gathers from the Stone Age, and the fossils that are the Coal industry the same thing ?

To tag onto the rules that someone else posted upthread, can we also avoid posting from 4 PM Eastern until, say, 10 minutes after the shareholder letter hits? (Narrator: they can not.) Probably an infeasible display of restraint, but it'd be nice to get folks' initial reactions after they've spent a few minutes reading the report rather than 100 posts asking if it's out yet, followed by 5 posting the link within one minute of each other, followed by 100 more one-liners with single stats from the top of the report.

im gonna fling monkey poo if someone sends an earnings link that rickrolls me!! :mad:

For those who may not be aware, there is a Boring Company forum on TMC.

Perhaps that is a more welcome place to post Boring related information. Especially today...

I think I started it when I said in six months Tesla will have legit driverless cars for the Boring Co. And now Elon tweets that initially they'll still have human drivers, so that post wasn't even correct! I'm sorry :oops:

But hey, at least more people here know more about the Boring Company, right?

The callers are first screened by a Tesla operator. If Elon doesn't approve of a name, the caller can be ignored. There is no legal requirement to engage with any or all callers.

Unfortunately "that fool" works for Morgan Stanley and they have a lot of clients (god knows why), or at least, a lot of clients with a lot of money. So, Elon must play nice, if for no other reason to increase TSLA stock price so he can eventually sell it and pour the money into building his Martian city so he can go back home (I never really believed the South African cover story ;)).