Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Archaeological find at Giga Berlin construction site. No impact on construction activities for now.

Relikt aus der Steinzeit: Klinge auf Tesla-Baustelle gefunden - n-tv.de

Per Google translate:

134070305.jpg
30,000 years ago a guy drops a knife while on a hunting trip!

Didn't see the specific fund thread or post. Can you PM me or post a direct link to the 100% SpaceX fund?

For those interested here is the beginning of the info on investing in SpaceX via sharespost.com. From what I read, 5% commission to sharespost and 2% commission each year for five years to the owner of the 100% SpaceX fund.

SpaceX investor's thread

Last edited:
A thought experiment ... if 'everybody' thinks Tesla is going to knock it out of the park, and has known it for awhile, then doesn't it make sense that 'everybody' has already positioned themselves for Tesla to knock it out of the park?

And therefore, where will the buyers come from, when everybody has already positioned themselves for the big move upwards when earnings are announced?

The market being a future looking entity and all.

Reactions: UncaNed
A thought experiment ... if 'everybody' thinks Tesla is going to knock it out of the park, and has known it for awhile, then doesn't it make sense that 'everybody' has already positioned themselves for Tesla to knock it out of the park?

And therefore, where will the buyers come from, when everybody has already positioned themselves for the big move upwards when earnings are announced?

You'd think. But, based on analyst estimates, clearly not everybody thinks that.

Of course those of us here are pretty confident, so it won't be a surprise to us. Maybe that's why we're all swimming in cash, lol.

"Everybody" on TMC is expecting a GAAP profit. Not the rest of the investing world.

$12 selloff in 5 minutes? Wonder if that was more manipulation or fear. Maybe the market really doesn't know what to expect in the ER.
Lol...you remind me of my son watching TSLA stock with me when he wakes up....'Dad, you went to the bathroom and did a #2, now you're only up $600k from $680k...so you lost $80k in 4 minutes?" :cool::cool:

$12 selloff in 5 minutes? Wonder if that was more manipulation or fear. Maybe the market really doesn't know what to expect in the ER.

I figure there's a decent chunk of investors who had a plan on carrying calls into earnings day, but closing them ahead of earnings. I had 1 call like that I sold early, but the plan was to sell near the peak of IV and whatever the share price at about this point had.

Then I'd avoid post earnings IV crush and possible losses due to too small of a move to offset that loss in IV.

So that's a perfectly reasonable source of sales, possibly even in large quantities, where no manipulation is needed to explain.

• Informative
Reactions: oldTAVguy
You'd think. But, based on analyst estimates, clearly not everybody thinks that.

Of course those of us here are pretty confident, so it won't be a surprise to us. Maybe that's why we're all swimming in cash, lol.
i am not swimming in cash ... no cash left only TSLA shares... time for lift off :eek:

New neural network architecture will take a video feed, generate a point cloud of all the static objects(3D) and of the moving objects(4D) and train a neural network to predict where static objects are(3D) and dynamic objects will be(4D) based on the current image frames and recurrent information from the neural network at previous timestep.

I've only seen "point clouds" used when the data is from lidar. Since Tesla doesn't use lidar, does this imply that Tesla is reverse engineering a 3D point cloud from multiple camera images all the time? I don't understand why Tesla would want to create a point cloud at all - it's more important to have actual objects, which Tesla recognizes since it has camera images with color and such (which lidar doesn't have). It seems to me backwards to create a point cloud - the lidar-heavy approaches have separate efforts to turn their point clouds into objects, efforts that Tesla shouldn't need.

Can you explain?