Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Robyn Denholm acquired via stock options, then immediately sold, over 26,000 shares last week. She still holds only 1,000 (same # she started with) if I read this correctly.

Danm why did she dump so many shares

“The sales reported on this Form 4 were effected pursuant to a Rule 10b5-1 trading plan adopted on May 15, 2020 and established by the reporting person for the purpose of an orderly liquidation of options scheduled to expire in 2021.”

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceAggie
Except that time I got banned for a week for factually (and with sources) pointing out Elon had promised Tesla would have Robotaxis approved in at least 1 or more jurisdictions this year and certain fanboys got mad about it-- despite that timing miss (one in a series of em on autonomy specifically, a VERY key driver of future revenue for the company) being incredibly relevant to TSLA investors :)
Link to the post that got you sent to a corner for a week?

TSLAQ and main stream media will likely be all over this, crying out that TSLA is failing, company is going under, executives are rushing for the exits, blah blah blah...

Which will be dumb, as usual. But if I'm Denholm I'm a little more aware of the optics... Maybe sell just a wee bit less so that you're at least increasing your stake through the exercise. I know not everyone is Elon Musk, but it's not like this is her first rodeo.

TSLAQ and main stream media will likely be all over this, crying out that TSLA is failing, company is going under, executives are rushing for the exits, blah blah blah...

If you surf through the past couple years' Form 4s (see 2019-07-15 for example: SEC FORM 4), you will discover Robyn had numerous other more recent option grants, so I don't think she's down to just 1000 shares left.

Robyn Denholm acquired via stock options, then immediately sold, over 26,000 shares last week. She still holds only 1,000 (same # she started with) if I read this correctly.
As I recall from the book "Soul of a New Machine" the author talks about upon going public that the founders should sell enough stock such that if Data General fails they would not have to go back to work at the family gas station.

Clearly Robyn sold over 40 million dollars in stock. That should easily set her up for life. So my question is what in options is she still due?

Or 32 million

Last edited:
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Stark contrast to this guy:

upload_2020-8-3_19-20-45.png

https://thetwentyminutevc.com/stevejurvetson/

Granted, he has millions already...but he 'truly' believes and understands the mission.

It’s over 1 million. My father in law just ordered on Saturday night and there are 906K reservation numbers separating us and I was over 100K after the first reservation.

I loved Dan Ives' statement from a couple months back regarding CT: “We estimate that pre-order levels are staggering coming out of the gates since announced last year and currently stand north of 650k based on our estimate with momentum building for this latest Musk brainchild."

Tesla Analyst Estimates 'Staggering' 650K Cybertruck Preorders

Even Elon is surprised by demand (from awhile back): "We've never seen this level of demand. I think we will sell as many as we can make for many years."