Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been riding motorcycles for just shy of fifty years. The thing about motorcycles is field of vision — a rider takes in exponentially more than anyone driving a car. Riding my bike, gave me a perfect view into the cars in the adjacent lanes. A birds-eye view of texting and cell phone obsession. Distracted driving is an epidemic, a plague on safe driving.

Ask any biker.

Autonomous driving versus distracted driving; the evidence will overwhelmingly support autonomous driving.

While on autopilot it’s so much easier to have more awareness about what’s going on around me. Often times I’m in the carpool lane and I’ll see a biker coming up on my right so I’ll disengage AP and move left a bit to give them more room. Get a lot of waves and peace signs from bikers.

The real question is who is paying these legal fees. Elon does not settle cases. He takes them all the way to the end and it costs a lot of money. This person suing has to prove some kind of harm done.... not simply a friend laughed when they saw the tweet.

Who do you think?

20200810_194611~2.jpg

The real question is who is paying these legal fees. Elon does not settle cases. He takes them all the way to the end and it costs a lot of money. This person suing has to prove some kind of harm done.... not simply a friend laughed when they saw the tweet.

Well, TSLAQ has been running low on funds for some time and oil companies have to pinch every penny so his lawyer set up a "GoFundMe" account instead! This will be funded by all those people who are appalled that anyone would publicly say Shishkabob "almost killed someone" when in fact, he was only acting mildly recklessly. Isn't that what courts are for? :rolleyes:

If people are skeptical about Robo-taxis, they can just omit them from their valuation.

Overall Tesla is hard to value, and the Robo-taxi area is one of the harder areas.

Even if I were skeptical that robo taxis would ever "be a thing" or make a single dollar for TSLA, I wouldn't eliminate them from my valuation (unless I discounted the possibility all the way to zero), I would just discount the potential value in proportion to my skepticism and how long I thought it would take). That's how valuation is done.

The current valuation has a bit of robo-taxi and/or Tesla energy rolled into it. But not enough IMO. If it were only cars/trucks I would probably value them around $1000 and with Tesla on a roll for the forseeable future, I still might pay $1400 to get that growth because sometimes you have to overpay for superior returns over the long haul. But the possibility of world domination in energy/transportation makes $1400 a steal!

Last edited:
Even if I were skeptical that robo taxis would ever "be a thing" or make a single dollar for TSLA, I wouldn't eliminate them from my valuation (unless I discounted the possibility all the way to zero), I would just discount the potential value in proportion to my skepticism and how long I thought it would take). That's how valuation is done.

The current valuation has a bit of robo-taxi and/or Tesla energy rolled into it. But not enough IMO. If it were only cars/trucks I would probably value them around $1000 and with Tesla on a roll for the forseeable future, I still might pay $1400 to get that growth because sometimes you have to overpay for superior returns over the long haul. But the possibility of world domination in energy/transportation makes $1400 a steal!
The problem is that if Elon has to tell the world tomorrow that they can't get FSD to work and probably never will the share price would fall a lot lower than to your $1000 valuation of Tesla without any FSD. So those of us that aren't convinced that Telsa will sell millions of $100k FSD in a few years will loose out even if we are not including FSD at maximum value in our valuation today.

The problem is that if Elon has to tell the world tomorrow that they can't get FSD to work and probably never will the share price would fall a lot lower than to your $1000 valuation of Tesla without any FSD.

Saying that is the same as saying; "I don't know the first thing about Elon". Because Elon never gives up. So your scenario is fanciful, to put it gently.

The problem is that if Elon has to tell the world tomorrow that they can't get FSD to work and probably never will the share price would fall a lot lower than to your $1000 valuation of Tesla without any FSD. So those of us that aren't convinced that Telsa will sell millions of $100k FSD in a few years will loose out even if we are not including FSD at maximum value in our valuation today.
I think that with $TSLA SP performance over the last 3 weeks has some people on edge and questioning $TSLA's valuation. This will all be sorted out soon :) Have faith in Elon and Tesla and we will all be rewarded.

After reflecting on your answer, I have thought of an interesting question....

What is your view on Tesla eventually selling 20 Million vehicles per year?

My guess is you haven't modeled that far into the future.

Reactions: capster