Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read this book last year and at the time my biggest concern was how far can I cut back on living expenses to supercharge my investment.
Now, my concern is whats the best way for a 30 ish year old to get health insurance after quitting his day job. :D
And lucky you to be posed with that concern. Surprisingly it’s not as difficult nor expensive as many are led to believe. Costs obviously increase with age. Bright side is that with 8-12 hrs/day back in your control, you have more time to devote to focus on physical and mental health, stress levels, and overall well-being..

Looking at the graph of Monday's TSLA stock movement and the volume traded...
It looked exactly like some real pro's were buying and selling.
The stock was going up too fast in the beginning. And then some buyers backed off (volume dropped back some) Just as soon as the buyers ticked up just a little the price reacted. and it did NOT tick back down because volume stayed constant when it went up. It is like someone wanted and needed to buy a whole bunch of share pretty quick but they tried to slow their roll so they wouldn't have to pay out the ass for them.
The real MM's that keep the plug on this ant farm just let it play out. Their shares are worth just as much more as ours now. So unless the MM's were the ones selling, the MM's will still be in control Friday for MaxPain Adjustment. However, perhaps the Short sellerz are buying enough shares at this "premium price" (which the MM's are considering fair enough) to wrestle the power of the stock manipulation away from the MM's.
An ant has to work hard, but he can wish too.
If tomorrow the same slow increase in price continues then I think the illegal shortz are still buying, and all those shares are coming from the MM's and going to just regular ants like you and me.
Ants can pray they will be enough so the farm will quit being shaken from the outside.

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-1_0-24-3.png
    upload_2020-9-1_0-24-3.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 54
Tesla Daily - today:

"TSLA Hits All Time High After Stock Split" | Rob Maurer

I think Rob has spoke too quickly. If the Split were complete, wouldn't all "beneficiary owners" of TSLA have their dividend stock by now? Many have not been made whole yet, even though the shares were transmitted on Saturday to "beneficial owners" (only the largest, or institutional shareholders) and "shareholders of record" (most Brokers).

If there is a big drop in the SP over the next couple few days, but before these Blighters "Brokers" deliver these dividend shares, such that rightful TSLA owners miss the opportunity to sell at the ATH, there is going to be the "Mother of All Class Action Lawsuits", Ralph-Nader-esqe in scale.

And the clue is "We haven't received your shares yet from the Transfer Agent". Bee.eSS. You assigned fake shares that you don't own, and now the Transfer Agent is shorting you? That's rich, but you'll soon be poor (or bankrupt).

Word.

Yeah, “Millionaire” makes for a catchy title. Everyone’s $ number is different. That’s why there are varying terms now such as FIRE, Lean FIRE, Fat FIRE.

I was originally going for lean FIRE but somehow I ended up with fat FIRE, not sure how I misjudged it so dramatically! :cool:

Probably because I didn't obsess over it.:)

There’s a note in the Fidelity app that says those values should be updated by market open 9/1.View attachment 583009
I know - there is a note on my account too. But I am still annoyed and need to vent here.
Today may have been the day I was finally a 'Teszillionaire' - that is, paper gain of >1M in TSLA in one day!

I didn't even realize it till I saw one of the posts pointing out that the gains today were $278 in pre-split equivalent. Well, I had calculated previously that when TSLA goes up by 265 in one day, my gains would be >1M in the stock+option gains. So, I am pretty certain today was that much awaited day. But, thanks to the delays in pricing by Fidelity, now I will never know :(. By the time they price it at open tomorrow, today's gain will not show up as 1-day gains. I am annoyed that I missed out on taking a screenshot showing my accounts up by >1M

(Yes, first world problems, I know, I know, but still so annoying)

OTOH, that gives us even more incentive to root for another $55 gain in SP tomorrow!
:):D:):D:):D

If there is a big drop in the SP over the next couple few days, but before these Blighters "Brokers" deliver these dividend shares, such that rightful TSLA owners miss the opportunity to sell at the ATH, there is going to be the "Mother of All Class Action Lawsuits", Ralph-Nader-esqe in scale.

And the clue is "We haven't received your shares yet from the Transfer Agent". Bee.eSS. You assigned fake shares that you don't own, and now the Transfer Agent is shorting you? That's rich, but you'll soon be poor (or bankrupt).

On the other hand, if the share price continues to rise, the good-guys win again!

Indeed, and the split may have been only 5:1, so that another split may seem reasonable before too long. In fact a further split may be necessary for consideration by the committee for the Dow Jones Industrial Average, which has not had an automaker since the GM bankruptcy in 2009. Tesla shares even after the current split are far pricier than the shares of any companies in the price weighted DJIA. It's the reason Amazon is not there.
Even the perceived threat of another split might be enough to curtail the resumption of naked shorting - the “Longest Yard” effect :p .

Thanks, Jordan Valinsky:
upload_2020-8-31_21-53-57.png

for posting this puff piece for the TSLA masses on the front page of CNN.com this afternoon:

"Tesla's stock split: Here's what you need to know
By Jordan Valinsky, CNN Business
Updated 4:09 PM ET, Mon August 31, 2020

Tesla shares are much, much cheaper Monday after the stock's 5-1 split.

Even though Tesla's stock closed 12.5% higher at $498.32 a share Monday, that's still around $1,800 cheaper than where it was trading on Friday. The company announced the stock split earlier this month, making shares more affordable for average investors.
"

Later: "Tesla may also get a further boost if it is finally added to the blue-chip S&P 500 index (INX) -- a move that could soon happen now that the company has posted a consistent run of profitable quarters."

Wow! So now I can buy it "much cheaper" than my friends and family did last week! And make a killing from the S&P 500 index addition. It's a no brainer!

LMRAO! (Laughing My Rich Ass Off)

Thanks, Jordan, for including a photo of a Model Y Performance with your piece:

upload_2020-8-31_21-56-23.png

Last edited:
Sounds like you got it! Life-Energy-Money-Time balance and trade-offs. Money is just a means to an end. And then what? Many here are at or near that point and get to answer that question.

Yeah, “Millionaire” makes for a catchy title. Everyone’s $ number is different. That’s why there are varying terms now such as FIRE, Lean FIRE, Fat FIRE.
We see eye to eye. I am a lean fire. Almost Somalian lean. I'm 64 this year, and when I looked at my Social Security retirement monthly amount I was happy to see it more than covered my foreseeable expenses. And then I looked around and saw it was very close to the minimum anyone can get that has worked 30 years. Many years I made less than 10g, and still never wanted for nothing. All my hobbies either fed me or made me healthy...except watching college football and drinking beer. OH! but I did do some serious sports betting. I was pretty good back in the day. My wife went to vegas without me because I wouldn't waste the money. She knew I bet football games but she always thought I didn't do as good as I told her. I gave her $500 to make bets for me in Vegas. She claimed the representatives had to explain things to her that I thought I had done already. And they didn't think much of her. By Sunday morning she said they were sitting up and the "boss" behind the rep would come in to listen to her bets. She brought me home about $1300, but she didn't place all the bets. She got a big kick out of seeming to have the inside word on who to bet on. So all my hobbies make money or make me healthy...well except the beer. OH wait...
I had a kidney stone...and really listen up. Beer drinking is a poor man's way to get rid of a kidney stone. And it is actually medically-supported. First alcohol is a vasodilator and relaxes smooth muscle tissue. So the hose that's clogged by the rock relaxes. Then you keep drinking but not pissing. And keep drinking and drinking for as long as you can hold it, and when you piss you've got so much back pressure and it has been building that if that stone can be passed it will be...AND remember, alcohol reduces the pain. repeat until it don't matter.

I read this book last year and at the time my biggest concern was how far can I cut back on living expenses to supercharge my investment.
Now, my concern is whats the best way for a 30 ish year old to get health insurance after quitting his day job. :D

Be careful. Lots of choices, prices, and possible rip-offs. If you have a friend that sells health insurance, might be worth a lunch to learn more. I’m in CA and my wife and I have gold PPO, one of the more expensive plans, and it runs $3k/month. I am 59 so I have a few more years of this before medicare. Some sell group plans for an organization you can join and pay dues. Some sell alternative health share plans (not insurance) and claim they are much cheaper. I tried one of these for a very short time before going with a large provider and traditional PPO. Best to do your homework before making a decision. This is my single largest living expense in post traditional 9-5 world.

Still don’t have my shares from RBC. They’ll likely wait until Sept 2nd to deposit them in my account. This really pisses me off.
And it's just a coincidence that RBC had a $200 price tgt on TSLA until literally weeks ago, and RBC Analyst Joseph Spak wastes his Conference Call time asking questions which were fully answered in the Earnings Letter.

Certain large Cdn Brokers had all dividend shares fully in place since Saturday a.m. Aug 29, 2020 and the correct SP and Acct Balances as of Monday, Aug 31, 2020.

Word.

Last edited:
And lucky you to be posed with that concern. Surprisingly it’s not as difficult nor expensive as many are led to believe. Costs obviously increase with age. Bright side is that with 8-12 hrs/day back in your control, you have more time to devote to focus on physical and mental health, stress levels, and overall well-being..
You could always just get liability...

/s

All this BS over imaginary conspiracies to deprive shareholders of their rightful bounty. When somebody actually loses anything of value, rather than just having complaints over not seeing the right numbers on the screen, then it's time to complain. Until then, this is just stupidity. Count your damn winnings and stop bellyaching.

And yes, it's pathetic that the brokers can't get things right. But it's not evil, not without hard evidence.

Surely this type of split has happened in the past?

It seems not only is their software written in COBOL, they also hard-code things like stock names, and split ratios, and need to recompile multiple programs.

Or perhaps they are getting work experience preschoolers to write the software....?

Yes it is no big deal, and it will all be sorted.

The software industry is full of problems created by dumb design decisions, but they did have a few weeks notice, and on the surface this doesn't seem like an overly difficult problem.. So even by software industry standards, this is a shambles...

Or... they can't make bricks without straw.

Word.

• Informative
Reactions: Paul_SF and MC3OZ
While one point of view is that you write the calls with the intent to either pocket the premium or sell the shares at a price that's inconceivable at the time, it's still a bearish move, in that you profit most when the stock doesn't rise. Once I remembered this, and the anecdote about "picking up pennies in front of a steamroller", I stopped doing it, and I'm glad. "Full bull" is working well for me.
> you profit most when the stock doesn't rise
Isn't the idea to make some money when the stock doesn't rise. And if rises beyond, your gains (likely) would cover for having to buy back the calls you sold?