Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Omg I don't think i can deal with another quarter of S&P speculation :eek:

It's impossible to follow the company nowadays without that being in your face. And you can just ignore the market/company for the next 3 months because there's so many exciting things in the pipeline

Yep, I wish this was just over with. Pretty disappointing, to be honest.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter. I don’t think anyone on this forum is day-trading TSLA. They will eventually get in. With Tesla executing like they are doing the stock price will only go up; making an inclusion into the index more and more significant. I am happy as I just transferred some cash to my account so I can buy more TSLA. Hopefully, I can buy them on the cheap Tuesday.

Honestly surprised it is not down to 350 although I guess there is still plenty of time.

Maybe most of the S and P chasers really were washed out.

Hard to explain the Five Billion plan if not to cushion the S and P deal. Well, we will eventually find out.

$TSLA CFO is supposed to raise money when the price is trading at a very high level it is smart business. Take money from all those live ATH buyers and use it to grow the business faster and/or pay down debt and/or store it for a rainy day. They also smartly wanted to control the minimum price and quantity and timing. I hope they already sold it all at or close to $500/share like Elon's brother and Jerome did. I'm sure the question will come up at the Annual Meeting on 9/22.

Selling stock at $500/share or close to it does not financially dilute us at all, since we own our fraction of the cash. We come out ahead when the SP is at $400, too. Our company ownership is 99% of what it was before the raise that's all. I bought an extra 1% in the low $400's to compensate for that.

Having a large war chest of cash makes $TSLA an even more formidable competitor IMHO.

"S&P Global didn't immediately respond to a request for comment on why Tesla wasn't added to the S&P 500 this round."

"Another key date to watch is Sept. 22, when Tesla will spend a day bringing investors up to date on battery technology. That will be a fundamental event that drives shares -- up or down. Investors will want to hear about gains being made in battery costs and reliability.

Wall Street will likely be impressed by what's reported on Sept. 22, but they will have trouble deciding what to pay for it..."

- Al Root @ DowJones.com

update: Zoom (ZM) qualified and wasn't added, either. Its total market cap is $104B.

Last edited:
Got lotsa options in me short term, most of them pretty long dates but I fear my Oct 16 470 calls are going to get obliterated.

Battery day baby!

battery is going to be just like autonomy day.... a disappointment as far as the stock goes. I am sick of the S&P crap... on the other hand I can't wait for the P&D results.

$TSLA CFO is supposed to raise money when the price is trading at a very high level it is smart business. Take money from all those live ATH buyers and use it to grow the business faster and/or pay down debt and/or store it for a rainy day. They also smartly wanted to control the minimum price and quantity and timing. I hope they already sold it all at or close to $500/share like Elon's brother and Jerome did. I'm sure the question will come up at the Annual Meeting on 9/22.

Selling stock at $500/share or close to it does not financially dilute us at all, since we own our fraction of the cash. We come out ahead when the SP is at $400, too. Our company ownership is 99% of what it was before the raise that's all. I bought an extra 1% in the low $400's to compensate for that.

Having a large war chest of cash makes $TSLA an even more formidable competitor IMHO.

Tesla doesn’t need extra cash. And if it really only was about raising more, why construct such a complicated stock offering, with ten banks and lots of special conditions? It doesn’t pass the sniff test.

Relax

This is important

View attachment 584478

There we go. Keep people on the hook thinking it can still happen. Meanwhile... :rolleyes:

Have we not yet realized that Tesla/TSLA will have to do this the hard way from start to finish? What part of old boys club, entrenched establishments, powerful and rich political connections, and billion dollar PER DAY industries do we not understand?

We have to tear it all down. Crush them all. That is when Mother Earth, human existence and TSLA stockholders get their dues. Not a moment before.

I know that sounds overly dramatic, but seriously how could any of you been hanging your hat on S&P inclusion; a secret committee that gets to make the rules up as they go along?! Freaking Etsy. OMG! I couldn’t laugh any harder.

11E9AFBA-8E9F-4F86-B9E5-E2E106446CFD.jpeg

so you’re telling me there’s a chance? :(