Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 1.08.35 PM.png
CNBC AD's trolling me now :)

Yet your first statement is not a fact. I think you're creating a scenario which may or may not be valid but aren't using facts to support it.

I already responded to Artful saying that I was wrong about the stock hitting 370's multiple times, it only happened once. Doesn't change my belief on where I think the average issue shared price will be when we get the next 10k.

Seriously though, it's my opinion which was never stated at fact. It was my theory based on my view of the terms and corresponding events afterwards. A simple disagree is fine.

Here's an idea....if I want to cling to a theory "like a dog to a bone" I will. I never said anyone should do anything with it. Never said the sky is falling, everysone sell their shares because tesla got slighted :rolleyes:. So the fact that people continually keep responding to the subject even after I've openly said let's move on and making some slights at me is disappointing, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
I am considering positioning myself for another 3 years of trading in the ~$250-500 range.

Same situation but larger scale as the years before the recent breakout:

- Valuation is based on expectations far into the future
- There definitely will be twists and turns to the plot that drastically skew long term valuation and risk one way or another, which make for drastic current stock price adjustments
- It will still be possible to manipulate the stock and rock the momentum one way or another, just on an even larger scale

Same problems exist as before. Buying the dips and selling the highs is dangerous since you can miss the next breakout. But I'm sure glad I sold some on the $500 high. With the experience of 2 previous breakouts, I think we can do well predicting the next one. Many here have all sorts of expectations about the battery day. Personally, I don't see anything in the near future that has the ability to get the stock out of the range mentioned. If anything I wouldn't be too surprised if my lower bound is optimistic.

I am considering positioning myself for another 3 years of trading in the ~$250-500 range.

Same situation but larger scale as the years before the recent breakout:

- Valuation is based on expectations far into the future
- There definitely will be twists and turns to the plot that drastically skew long term valuation and risk one way or another, which make for drastic current stock price adjustments
- It will still be possible to manipulate the stock and rock the momentum one way or another, just on an even larger scale

Same problems exist as before. Buying the dips and selling the highs is dangerous since you can miss the next breakout. But I'm sure glad I sold some on the $500 high. With the experience of 2 previous breakouts, I think we can do well predicting the next one.

Curious as to how you think valuation is priced in far into the future? If we're using metrics for growth stocks, which Tesla is, its undervalued right now...even on conservative growth projections of 50% next year and 40% growth in 2022 and 2023. Totally fine if you are expecting slower growth, but that's the only way Tesla is not greatly undervalued as a growth stock

With the experience of 2 previous breakouts, I think we can do well predicting the next one. Many here have all sorts of expectations about the battery day. Personally, I don't see anything in the near future that has the ability to get the stock out of the range mentioned. If anything I wouldn't be too surprised if my lower bound is optimistic.
That suggests that the next one won't be the same, as everyone will expect it.

We can? OK, when is the next breakout?

Combination of tech analysis, sensing sentiment, and actual Tesla news. My current sense of these 3 is that it'll keep bouncing around for a while, as in, I don't think there's a breakout in sight.

Edit: that's kind of the key point. You don't need to predict when the breakout is going to happen. You just need to be able to judge today if it's safe to play the range, or you need to hunker down and be all in.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: bpjod